Chinese characters in Chemistry

pyroglycerine

Hi,

I'm a British student in the first semester of my BSc in Chemsitry here at Xiamen University in China.

This question is aimed at people literate in Chinese.

In Chemistry in the English language so far as I'm aware we don't have this or we just describe it in words. What do these characters mean that appear after state variables? (There are a lot, here I am only showing a few) Is there a website/book with the translations? I have looked in Eng-Chi dictionaries of chemistry and they dont show it.

Eg. p=p实-p内

Eg. p总V总=nRT

Eg. (delta)U=U生-U反

thanks in advance,

谢谢

Edited by pyroglycerine

Eg. p=p实-p内

Eg. p总V总=nRT

Eg. (delta)U=U生-U反

If no one here can answer, then ask an appropriate instructor/professor.

Nonetheless, you can attempt to draw parallels from the English equivalents of those formulae. However, some ambiguity remains with the uncertainty.

The best help I can give you is to google the character plus zhongwen.com like this — 反 zhongwen.com — not in quotes. Click the zhongwen.com page from the results (if it appears), and try to understand from the definition(s). As examples, zhongwen.com gives definitions for 反 alone and in multiple-character terms that suggests "anti" or "opposite", and for 内, "internal" or "inside". Best wishes.