Is It Possible to Artificially Induce Hair or Fur Growth All Over The Human Body?

ColorsWolf

Is It Possible to Artificially Induce Hair or Fur Growth All Over The Human Body?

Believe it or not, I am on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to 'hair' or 'fur' in relation to the Human body.~

I highly desire to be covered in extremely thick 'hair' or 'fur' and I don't mean with certain parts exposed, I mean every inch completely covered including my ears, entire face, and the palms of my hands.~

This extremely thick 'hair' or 'fur' would be shaped 'squiggly' and be coarse much like our 'hair' that is presently found around our Human genitals and similar to the fur found covering Gorillas.~

Benefits:

With this extremely thick 'hair' or 'fur' I would benefit from protection from cold temperatures by staying warm, while due to it's shape and coarseness I would retain the benefits of the ability to sweat.~

With sufficiently thick and tough 'hair' or 'fur' covering my entire body, my 'hair' or 'fur' might serve as a form of light armor providing me limited protection from minor injuries and possibly absorbing minor blunt trauma.~

Possible ways to induce 'hair' or 'fur' growth:

Chemical Means: Possibly Synthetic or Natural

Energy Manipulation: Possibly Electrical or Temperature Subjection

Cross-Species Hybridization or Multiple Species Chimera (VERY DANGEROUS, NOT YET PERFECTED)

Psychological Manipulation Possibly Resulting Physiological Reactions

Physical Manipulation through Physical Subjection Possibly Resulting Desired Physical Reactions: Possibly using Focused Localized Trauma or Pressure Application

Thoughts, suggestions, and all are free to present their speculations.~

Thank you all for your wonderful replies!~ happy.png

"Terminal hypertrichosis

Congenital terminal hypertrichosis is characterized by the presence of fully pigmented terminal hair that covers the entire body.[3] This condition is usually accompanied by gingival hyperplasia.[3] This form is most responsible for the term "werewolf syndrome" because of the thick, dark hair that appears.[3] People with this condition are sometimes performers at circuses because of their unusual appearance.[3]" ~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrichosis

This sounds exactly like what I want, except for the possibility of gingival hyperplasia, that gives me pause: how is this condition of the gums unhealthy? Does it simply enlarge the gums or does it also cause other things that might be unhealthy like tooth decay?~

Honestly many people have had this without any or with little health problems, why must so called "doctors" make this out to be "excessive hair growth"? Who is to decide what is excessive or what is just large amounts?~ "Excessive" implies it is not healthy to be this hairy without even mentioning any health-side-effects as if being hairy alone is unhealthy when it is not.~

I've heard using Testosterone supplements could cause increased hair growth, but the right dosage is tricky to get right, some times too much and some times too little can cause no hair growth change.~

What do you think of using Testosterone supplements?~

Edited by ColorsWolf

Unfortunately, there is no known way to trigger the amount of hair growth it seems you would like. Rogaine is marginally effective in triggering hair growth, but the effects stop as soon as the medication is. Its also fairly expensive. Testosterone won't stimulate generalized hair growth, only in the androgeni-sensitive areas - beard, armpits, pubic region.
Gingival hyperplasia can just be disfiguring, or it make dental hygiene almost impossible, leading to chronic gingivitis and loss of teeth, depending on its severity.

FWIW,

Clarissa

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to take genetic traits of different species and artificially make them a part of a Human's DNA without changing the Human DNA too radically, what if the Human DNA was made more "moldable" some way: could this work with a living subject?~

Edited by ColorsWolf

You might find this interesting:

"Can a werewolf be genetically created by splicing human and wolf DNA?
Answer:
No.
*New Author improving Answer*
You cannot make a werewolf in the traditional sense which is basically a polymorphic creature and the human body can not generate enough flesh, blood, bone, sinew, etc to be able to handle that kind of metamorphosis.
However, theoretically it is possible to introduce foreign DNA, like that of a wolf for example, into a human. You need to first isolate the gene (here's the first problem, since the Human Genome Project only just finished mapping OUR DNA) then using chemicals, cut away the specific gene sequence and insert it into an length of human DNA in the proper spot. This DNA can be replicated with relative ease, and then placed in a viral vector (a virus not harmful to humans) that will literally infect the existing cells with the new DNA code.
But what good would it do? Everything in the body works of of responses to proteins, and we wouldn't be able to tell if that protein sequence did anything for a while, or if our organs are capable of carrying out that specific coding and interacting with existing cells to create new organs."
Could this be a starting point, what do you all think?~
Edited by ColorsWolf