The Burden of Life.

s1eep

Is it correct to suggest that scientists believe the question of life is too complex to answer with a straight answer, or a harmony of answers? Or that science has not answered this question yet?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/life

1life

noun \ˈlīf\

: the ability to grow, change, etc., that separates plants and animals from things like water or rocks

: the period of time when a person is alive

: the experience of being alive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life

Life is a characteristic that distinguishes objects that have signaling and self-sustaining processes from those that do not,[1][2] either because such functions have ceased (death), or else because they lack such functions and are classified as inanimate.[3][4]Biology is the science concerned with the study of life.

Everything you were in to pre-scientific observation.

The period of time when a person is alive is the meaning I'm using, and I don't believe in linear time.

Can you be a bit more precise with that first one? Evolution explains life, our lives and how we live it, pre science all we had was baseless assertions hinging on unsubstantiated beliefs...

Your beliefs do not affect reality, can you give me some reason not to accept linear time?

Can you be a bit more precise with that first one? Evolution explains life, our lives and how we live it, pre science all we had was baseless assertions hinging on unsubstantiated beliefs...

Your beliefs do not affect reality, can you give me some reason not to accept linear time?

Evolution does not explain how we are supported by life, it is one of the reasons life is such a complex question; and I reject linear time because, as with you, the burden of life was overlooked (I'm a big fan of the natural pre-man-made reality).

Edited by s1eep

and I reject linear time because, as with you, the burden of life was overlooked.

Or under-explained.

The way I read your writing, you think it's a burden because it's too complex for you. Why are you generalizing that to everyone else?

Evolution does not explain how we are supported by life, it is one of the reasons life is such a complex question; and I reject linear time because, as with you, the burden of life was overlooked (I'm a big fan of the natural pre-man-made reality).

Unless you are using some obtuse meaning of the word support... yes evolution does explain life and how we are supported by that life...

You'll have to expand the idea of "natural pre man made reality" I have not heard of that one...

We cannot understand life, it's too complex (if you say that you will come back later with evidence in an attempt to understand it, you are only submitting to the complexity), but we can live life, we are supported. How are we supported against the complexity of life? How do we put up a fight, so to speak? It's complexity is present, but we can co-exist; how do we do so if it is that complex?

Edited by s1eep

We cannot understand life, it's too complex (if you say that you will come back later with evidence in an attempt to understand it, you are only submitting to the complexity), but we can live life, we are supported. How are we supported against the complexity of life? How do we put up a fight, so to speak? It's complexity is present, but we can co-exist; how do we do so if it is that complex?

You need to support the assertion we cannot understand life because it's too complex...

You need to support the assertion we cannot understand life because it's too complex...

You cannot or have not acquired all of the necessary evidence to create an answer for life. You would need the ability to take over people's consciousness as to acquire the sensual and more knowledge to build a correct answer. There are many reasons. You can't even create life-knowledge, you use words, words are much simpler than natural life. And just because you haven't yet doesn't mean that you will, and by saying that you might be able to in the future is only submitting to life's complexity, "I'll work on it, it's not that complex", is not the answer to life, and you have fell to it's complexity.

You cannot or have not acquired all of the necessary evidence to create an answer for life. You would need the ability to take over people's consciousness as to acquire the sensual and more knowledge to build a correct answer. There are many reasons. You can't even create life-knowledge, you use words, words are much simpler than natural life. And just because you haven't yet doesn't mean that you will, and by saying that you might be able to in the future is only submitting to life's complexity, "I'll work on it, it's not that complex", is not the answer to life, and you have fell to it's complexity.

How do you know that? This is just your inability to understand...

How do you know that? This is just your inability to understand...

You are also unable to understand. Go on, say one life-word that is not a human word.

Edited by s1eep

How about you say any word that is not a human word...

I can't. That is the complexity of life - I cannot even write true knowledge, life is written in too complex of a code.

Edited by s1eep

My own thought is Life is just an entropy increasing process. The Universe has created something that can hasten its own heat death. Provided we are willing to speed entropy along the Universe is quite happy to let us go on surviving and expanding our knowledge.

My own thought is Life is just an entropy increasing process. The Universe has created something that can hasten its own heat death. Provided we are willing to speed entropy along the Universe is quite happy to let us go on surviving and expanding our knowledge.

I don't think the universe is the significant to the human objective, but rather Earth, for humans. (i.e. it doesn't matter what the universe is doing, it is too distant).

I don't think the universe is the significant to the human objective, but rather Earth, for humans. (i.e. it doesn't matter what the universe is doing, it is too distant).

You are putting your cart before the horse... Earth is good for humans because we evolved here, if life had evolved on titan earth would be hell to us, Earth is apparently good for life or humans because we evolved to fit the Earth, go back in time and even the earth could not support humans or life...

You are putting your cart before the horse... Earth is good for humans because we evolved here, if life had evolved on titan earth would be hell to us, Earth is apparently good for life or humans because we evolved to fit the Earth, go back in time and even the earth could not support humans or life...

But if you were without food or drink your answer wouldn't be the same. I believe nature is the significant in our lives.

But if you were without food or drink your answer wouldn't be the same. I believe nature is the significant in our lives.

That statement makes no sense what so ever... and yes, if I was without food and water i would indeed still say the same thing...

Edited by Moontanman

That statement makes no sense what so ever... and yes, if I was without food and water i would indeed still say the same thing...

Of course it makes sense, it means that what's on Earth is above you sometimes. Go ahead and try and find food and drink, for the majority, Earth is a significance.

Of course it makes sense, it means that what's on Earth is above you sometimes. Go ahead and try and find food and drink, for the majority, Earth is a significance.

I am completely capable of finding food and drink, why can't you?

I grew up getting most of my food and water from nature, it was not manufactured by some one else and given to me, if I had to go back to that I could, I wouldn't want to but to suggest that somehow food and drink are unique to earth or what ever is bogus..

I am completely capable of finding food and drink, why can't you?

I grew up getting most of my food and water from nature, it was not manufactured by some one else and given to me, if I had to go back to that I could, I wouldn't want to but to suggest that somehow food and drink are unique to earth or what ever is bogus..

It's possible to change what is significant, but nonetheless, Earth is our primary source of food and drink. Another reason, without Earth, humans wouldn't exist. It is as much a significance ancestrally as it is for survival; though, it's possible to believe you are above the Earth, is that not only part of it's greatness, that it allowed us to adapt with this much liberty? If afterlife exists then the Earth may be a significant for it to occur. It is the reservoir of the human spirit. That's a maybe, I do not know. I still don't understand how you can't grasp the complexity of life. I'm going to get poetic; it's so different and vast, there's so much you can't do; look around, you cannot believe how much life can be crammed into your vision, you can see stars millions of years away, and there are way over a trillion stars, probably infinite, in the universe. The 'complexity' of life is there; how are we supported when life is complex like it is? And what I mean with nature is that I want to evolve, and I want to evolve naturally, so it's good evolution, like the evolution that came prior. You are a scientist but you do not believe in evolution, you just theorize it. I truly believe, meaning, with my body, mind and spirit; it is my objective. It's not yours...

Edited by s1eep

It's possible to change what is significant, but nonetheless, Earth is our primary source of food and drink. Another reason, without Earth, humans wouldn't exist. It is as much a significance ancestrally as it is for survival; though, it's possible to believe you are above the Earth, is that not only part of it's greatness, that it allowed us to adapt with this much liberty? If afterlife exists then the Earth may be a significant for it to occur. It is the reservoir of the human spirit. That's a maybe, I do not know. I still don't understand how you can't grasp the complexity of life. I'm going to get poetic; it's so different and vast, there's so much you can't do; look around, you cannot believe how much life can be crammed into your vision, you can see stars millions of years away, and there are way over a trillion stars, probably infinite, in the universe. The 'complexity' of life is there; how are we supported when life is complex like it is? And what I mean with nature is that I want to evolve, and I want to evolve naturally, so it's good evolution, like the evolution that came prior. You are a scientist but you do not believe in evolution, you just theorize it. I truly believe, meaning, with my body, mind and spirit; it is my objective. It's not yours...

You keep making a point that has no meaning, "if not for football I would not be playing football today" you keep asking meaningless questions about things that are well understood and claiming they are too complex to be understood.

Life literally has changed the earth as it evolved to fit it's environment, if you had evolved on Venus you would think living at the bottom of a high pressure super critical fluid CO2 atmosphere was perfect and too complex to under stand why it was so perfect for us, this is not an unanswerable question once you know the mechanisms that allow life to evolve and adapt. I would be more surprised is life wasn't perfectly fitted to the Earth, adapt and evolve is what life does that that is driven by environment....

Evolution is a demonstrable fact, you evidently have no idea what the terminology of science means and belief is meaningless in the face of reality...

You keep making a point that has no meaning, "if not for football I would not be playing football today" you keep asking meaningless questions about things that are well understood and claiming they are too complex to be understood.

Life literally has changed the earth as it evolved to fit it's environment, if you had evolved on Venus you would think living at the bottom of a high pressure super critical fluid CO2 atmosphere was perfect and too complex to under stand why it was so perfect for us, this is not an unanswerable question once you know the mechanisms that allow life to evolve and adapt. I would be more surprised is life wasn't perfectly fitted to the Earth, adapt and evolve is what life does that that is driven by environment....

Evolution is a demonstrable fact, you evidently have no idea what the terminology of science means and belief is meaningless in the face of reality...

That was word-salad. It's simple, there is you, and everything else which is the life you live in; you cannot possibly comprehend all of it, the most you can do is try to comprehend parts of it at a time to broaden your intelligence and maybe come up with something in the future. It is a total organism that you exist with, and it is far more complex than your mind can comprehend. How do the two co-exist? The whole of life, and the individual in life. Same question, different format. If you don't understand it this time, you are the dumbest man on this planet, and my discussion with you is over. You're either suppressing discussion, or too damn egotistical.