Hover or Solar powered Skateboard

Kaminari92

Neither, no interest, no practical value to me. The hover board has been discussed here before, you can search for that discussion.

To start a discussion of the solar skateboard, I recommend you decide how big a motor you want, and how much area you need in solar cells to power it. A square meter of sunlight provides about 750 watts of power. The most efficient solar cells (not on the market) are about 45% efficient. Thus, you can get a maximum of 750 watts * 45% power per square meter of solar collector, but not today. With available solar cells you might get half that much power per square meter, and that requires the cells to be pointed directly at the sun at all times and bright sunshine.

Second try with an other set of figures...

It needs absolutely clear weather at a sunny location. Any cloud divides Sunlight by 100 and stops the skateboard immediately. Trees as well.

The user wears on his chest and back two panels of 0.25m*0.25m and 10% efficiency to be half-way affordable. At 45° to Sun's direction (it can be high in the sky), they produce 50W. This must suffice for a well-designed skateboard, since an occasional cyclist produces 200W in an effort. I feel a battery is absolutely necessary, and the user must also be able to move the skateboard without added effort if no electricity is available.

Then, I wonder if Solar cells bring something to the battery, which can be charged on the mains. Alternately, the user can have the Solar cells at home and move only the battery with him.

Here we get the same situation as a bicycle. They have batteries but no Solar cells.

What I doubt is that customers will pay expensive Solar cells to get a very unreliable means to move, subject to any slight disturbance.

Oops. doh.gif

Taking 1/16 m2 as the cell area, not 1m2, the power is 3W, obviously too little to move the skateboard.

So only a battery makes sense. If the skateboard is to be powered by Sunlight, then have a big panel at home and leave it there to charge the battery(ies). Or have a big one with you that you unfurl or deploy when not moving.

I prefer to charge the battery on the mains.

• 4 years later...

speaking into it, super shoe, a solar powered skateboard, and a watch that can shoot tranquilizer darts.

I thought Conan's skateboard is solar powered. Then why is he using it at night?

If you want to know details information on this topic then you can visit on this website.

I forget that conan never really uses the solar powered skateboard in manga canon bc he always has it and breaks it in the movies

10 minutes ago, dylrovertson said:

speaking into it, super shoe, a solar powered skateboard, and a watch that can shoot tranquilizer darts.

I forget that conan never really uses the solar powered skateboard in manga canon bc he always has it and breaks it in the movies

What do you mean by that?

Most of the people know about the matter but what do you mean by that?

Please tell me the detail information.

Thanks.