Light is matter at below c

PureGenius

Okay, so I now gather that PureGenuis has been banned. Therefore I don't need to answer his call about a PM to another member, not that I feel that I ever really did.

However, in the the interest of fairness an openness I did send such a message to someone who was clearly not sure if PureGenuis had anything to say about physics. I pointed out that the best thing to do is to pick up a book on cosmology and use that to get a grounding rather than threads in our speculation forum, rather generally and specifically in this case.

The intention was to stop someone falling into the trap of thinking these threads by PureGenuis are physics.

I do not apologise for that, buy I do apologise to PureGenuis if I personally offended him.

Exactly John, that is something that PG never managed to explain to us to our satisfaction. I don't think he was aware of how odd this notion seems to modern cosmology and thus why we were so unhappy with it.

PG originally disusses in his other thread here.

Edited by ajb

Did I miss something?

The universe has a centre (with or without a black hole).

As far as the observable universe is concerned, the observer is at the centre of it and that observer isn't a black hole so PG is simply wrong about that.

It's better to say that each point on the spacetime map has a centre, so that readers won't think the observer is central in that principle.

It's better to say that each point on the spacetime map has a centre, so that readers won't think the observer is central in that principle.

But the observable universe bounded by the current inability to see anything before/beyond the era/surface of last scattering is centred on us. There is also the interact-able universe as that part of space time we can ever affect or be affected by - again centred on us. We can posit that analogues would also be centred on any other species with our current level of astronomical observing power. It is an anthropocentric concept - and it is thus by design not by any silly simian-bravado. We have to merely guess with no hope of ever really knowing about the universe beyond that which we can observe and interact with - now that universe is not centred on us

• 2 weeks later...