Why our universe must have formed inside a black hole

Moontanman

New theory about 1/2 spin particles suggest black holes do not contain a singularity.

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/419827/why-our-universe-must-have-been-born-inside-a-black-hole/

Poplawski points out that the standard derivation of general relativity takes no account of the intrinsic momentum of spin half particles. However there is another version of the theory, called the Einstein-Cartan-Kibble-Sciama theory of gravity, which does.

This predicts that particles with half integer spin should interact, generating a tiny repulsive force called torsion. In ordinary circumstances, torsion is too small to have any effect. But when densities become much higher than those in nuclear matter, it becomes significant. In particular, says Poplawski, torsion prevents the formation of singularities inside a black hole.

New theory about 1/2 spin particles suggest black holes do not contain a singularity.

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/419827/why-our-universe-must-have-been-born-inside-a-black-hole/

The Einstein-Cartan model is very novel and is personally a favourite of mine. It might be a real facet of nature since torsion is a representation of the full Poincare group.

Edited by TrappedLight

Too me it read any sufficiently massive black hole... I have no idea what the mass requirements would be...

Wouldn't we, then, be able to observe this effect when we observe Black Holes and what they emit and be able to make a conclusion about this?

Wouldn't we, then, be able to observe this effect when we observe Black Holes and what they emit and be able to make a conclusion about this?

From my link:

This is a Big Bang type event. “Such an expansion is not visible for observers outside the black hole, for whom the horizon’s formation and all subsequent processes occur after infinite time,” says Poplawski.

For this reason, the new universe is a separate branch of space time and evolves accordingly.

From my link:

Oops, my bad. I guess I missed that bit.

I wonder if those crackpots who proposed this idea are like "I told you so!" tongue.png

(Problem with the crackpots proposing this idea is that they never had a completely valid mechanism to say that this is possibly true).

From my link:

"This is a Big Bang type event. “Such an expansion is not visible for observers outside the black hole, for whom the horizon’s formation and all subsequent processes occur after infinite time,” says Poplawski.

For this reason, the new universe is a separate branch of space time and evolves accordingly."

So the new universe will "snip off" like a small bubble from the parent universe. The question then is, how is time handled in the outer-universal expanse? It seems to me that nothingness is an impossibility when it comes to energy, and thus somehow some force must react on anything and everything that is travelling between the parent/daughter universe (similar to the Casimir Effect), including any and all forces emitting from either of them reacting with any and all forces from the other. Just like bubbles inflating in a bubble bath, they will always be "touching" if you will, and expanding at the same time to an outside observer. That makes sense when we look at our universe and see that black holes, including super massive black holes are forming right now, which would explain the "bubble bath."

What lies beyond the outside of this mass of bubbles who knows...possibly endless energy forming and creating bubbles with no edge, literally infinite? That would explain our Universe, since given an infinite amount of bubbles one would inevitably wind up like ours at some point in the infinite expansion. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, it seems logical to assume this applies uniformly throughout the bubble bath since the data also suggests that "nothingness" in it's true essence and form is one thing that cannot exist and is simply a figment of our human creative imaginations. We are literally the Universe itself trying to imagine what it would be like if it did not exist.

Edited by The Peon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.