Is gravity still a state of force?

rwjefferson

Is gravity still considered a state of force?

One usually considers gravity as a force, we have acceleration of test particles under the influence of gravity and that tells us we have a force.

The difficulty is that in general relativity we have no true inetrial frames and gravity then appears more like a pseudoforce. That is an apparant force due to us not looking at things in an inertial frame. So gravity does feel a little different from electromagnetisms in that respect.

Can you demonstrate any actions of gravity not consistent with force as inertial pressure differential?

I don't quite follow what you are asking. Do you mean Gauss's law for gravity and the Poisson equation? If so this is equivalent to Newtonian gravity and we know that to be a limit of general relativity. So we would get violations of Gauss's law for strong gravitational fields where one really needs the full theory of general relativity.

!

Moderator Note

Moved to speculations. If this is a proposal that gravity is really inertial pressure differential, then it is incumbent upon you to provide a model and evidence and/or testable predictions for this proposal, as per the rules.

• 4 weeks later...
curvature is force and topspin lift will all ways be

speculation in the land of flat.001

welcome to my wormhole.ajb

What do you call the force that warps earth's atomsphere into domes and troughs and cyclones?

What do you call Belief based upon misinterpretation?

peace

ron

What do you call the force that warps earth's atomsphere into domes and troughs and cyclones?

I am no meteorologist, so I assume there is a specific word for this effect?

What do you call Belief based upon misinterpretation?

I don't know, but it seems irrelevant at this stage.

You've posted on this going back to at least 2008, across assorted forums and discussion boards...

Yes, as far as it goes, Gravity is a force.

You would be best off looking at the principles of orbital mechanics, aerodynamics and atmospheric phenomenon. Based on historical evidence I doubt this will occur, but one can hope.

Edited by Endy0816

• 3 weeks later...
belief in dogma is always relevant for lovers of truth

meteorology.oo2

Difference of inertia and pressure forces winds and spins fluent matter into whirls and twisters and warps atmospheres into domes and troughs and cyclones.

and welcome to my wormhole.iii

inertia.001

Can you prove beyond a reasonable doubt gravity is not force all the way down?

What property of mass defies gravity?

good news.007

esp.4staff@earth science forums.net

I still remember the son of a beloved meteorologist that soared with thermals and raptors and tickled the tassels of a field of corn and scared a stoop'd farmer senseless and hugged ground effect just long and far enough to gently touch down 0nce more home again safely home.

I will ask for you.

inertial pressure differential.101

Draw lines of equivalent barometric pressure around the eye of hurricane Cleo from first to last recorded rotation.

Collapse the eye of a vortex to a singular point and reduce baryonic to quantum particle pressure.

Draw lines of iso gravitational pressure around the super massive event horizon at the center of a galaxy.

Prove beyond a reasonable doubt that pressure is not relatively equivalent no matter quantum or baryonic particles.

Name an observation of gravity that is not also demonstrated by baryonic matter or forever hold your peace.

peace

~ron~