1000 Facts you probably didnt know!

*puffy* japanisthebest

3. The energy of 10 Big Macs from any country/region is far more than enough to move a car 35km.

E2=(mc2)2+(pc)2

Assuming we can focus all of the energy and that the car and Big Mac are at rest wrt each other, E2Big Mac=KE2car.

(mc2)2=(0.5mcarv2)2

mc2=0.5mcarv2

2mc2=mcarv2

mBig Mac=200g

mcar=1500kg

So, v2=2(2x10-1*9x1016)/1.5x103)=24x1012

So, vcar=5x106 m/s

How much do you think the rolling friction is?

And that was for one Big Mac.

4. To build a computer with the same storage capabilities as the brain, it would require approximately 10 Tera-Watts of electricity. That's 10*10^12 (10,000,000,000,000) watts. The human brain uses about ~10 watts.

(be advised, the use of the word approximately can avoid endless debate on the facts)

Edited by Iota

4. To build a computer with the same storage capabilities as the brain, it would require approximately 10 Tera-Watts of electricity. That's 10*10^12 (10,000,000,000,000) watts. The human brain uses about ~10 watts.

(be advised, the use of the word approximately can avoid endless debate on the facts)

About 7 billion such computers have been built without needing that much power in aggregate, never mind individually.

Not only that but they were produced fairly cheaply and usually by unpaid labour.

About 7 billion such computers have been built without needing that much power in aggregate, never mind individually.

Not only that but they were produced fairly cheaply and usually by unpaid labour.

Were they purely data storage arrays, or actual functioning computers? I assumed the accuracy of the statement because I copied it word for word by Laurence Krauss in an interview he was in, I'm 99% sure.

(attempting to source where he said it, think I found the interview but it's 1.5 hours long, this will be fun.)

OK, so I didn't quote him, I paraphrased him. My apologies Krauss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY1pDkP9Qxk

0:43:00 minutes in.

Edited by Iota

Were they purely data storage arrays, or actual functioning computers? I assumed the accuracy of the statement because I copied it word for word by Laurence Krauss in an interview he was in, I'm 99% sure.

(attempting to source where he said it, think I found the interview but it's 1.5 hours long, this will be fun.)

OK, so I didn't quote him, I paraphrased him. My apologies Krauss:

0:43:00 minutes in.

Think about the number 7 billion.