Quantum entanglement

Gitirana

Single subatomic particles that can occupy numerous areas of space at one time and the entanglement that is a physical phenomenon that occurs when particles like small molecules in the size of small diamonds, interact and then become separated.

Before the interaction each particle is described by its own quantum state. After the interaction the pair can still be described with a definite quantum state but each member of the pair must also be described relative to one another and then each member of this pair is indefinite in terms of important factors such as position, momentum, spin, polarization, etc in a manner distinct from the intrinsic uncertainty of a quantum superposition.

First question is who knows the experiments of quantum entanglement not only with particles but involving single atom or even a molecule?

Second question is the first proposition of quantum entanglement is to be used in communication, that will be great because will allow the instant communication for exemple the mars probe dont will have delay communication with earth and space exploration using robot will become feasible, who knows what is the current state of research related with communication using quantum entanglement ?

Third question: What is the currently technological challenge to do quantum entanglement ? What technique are we using?

Fourth question: We consider to use quantum entanglement for communications applications. When we change an atomic state in the other side we can measure and translate the variation into information, but as the difference between information and energy transfer is only limited by power or quantity can we consider that is possible to tranfer energy via quantum entanglement , using a large quantity of quantum entanglements ?

Technologies that could benefit from quantum entanglement:

- Secure communication.

- Long distances call without delay.

- Energy WIFI for very long distances

Edited by Gitirana

The current state of research on using entanglement for communication is that it's theoretically impossible because entanglement can't be used to transfer information.

It can't be used to transfer information faster than light, but you can use entanglement for teleportation to transfer the particle state. This might allow for secure communication.

It can't be used to transfer information faster than light, but you can use entanglement for teleportation to transfer the particle state. This might allow for secure communication.

Excuse me, you are correct. That is an important distinction that I should have made.

Many Universities are conducting test in order to have a major step toward using quantum entanglement for communication, streamlining the process by which two particles can be forced into an entangled state. Once entangled, each should react to changes in the other’s quantum spin — if one switches from up-spin to down-spin, the other should hypothetically do the same, instantly and regardless of the distance between them.

Yes we need test to confirm the instantly. I read something about some tests in the international space station, any news about that?

Many Universities are conducting test in order to have a major step toward using quantum entanglement for communication, streamlining the process by which two particles can be forced into an entangled state. Once entangled, each should react to changes in the other’s quantum spin — if one switches from up-spin to down-spin, the other should hypothetically do the same, instantly and regardless of the distance between them.

Yes we need test to confirm the instantly. I read something about some tests in the international space station, any news about that?

(emphasis added) No, this is a common misconception perpetuated by the popular science media. Entanglement means that when you measure a particle's spin, you instantly know the spin of the entangled partner. Once that has happened, the entanglement is broken. There is no manipulation possible, subsequent to the measurement. Prior to the measurement, you don't know what the spin orientation is.

"Spooky" quantum entanglement connects two particles so that actions performed on one reflect on the other. Now, scientists propose testing entanglement over the greatest distance yet via an experiment on the International Space Station.

This is a challenge of mechanics quantum that measure change the current state then we only can predict the real state, but let’s give focus in the spin, it produces a magnetically field orientation. What’s happening if the measure process is included in the entanglement process?

It is like the magnetic flying wheel used for energy conservation. The energy is there but when we include solenoids to collect the energy it acts as a break due the oposite magnetic force in the solenoid as a result of collected energy.

We only can predict the original state of flying wheel because when we try to collect the energy we change the system.

Post from Brazil

"Spooky" quantum entanglement connects two particles so that actions performed on one reflect on the other.

No, that's not correct. The "spooky" part is that the remote particle is in an unknown state when you make your measurement, and instantly in a known state afterward. It's all predicated on determining the unknown state, not manipulating a known state.

• 3 weeks later...

(emphasis added) No, this is a common misconception perpetuated by the popular science media. Entanglement means that when you measure a particle's sin, you instantly know the spin of the entangled partner. Once that has happened, the entanglement is broken. There is no manipulation possible, subsequent to the measurement. Prior to the measurement, you don't know what the spin orientation is.????????the entangled partner.

the entangled partner??? How on earth would you know which particle out of the trillions and trillions out there???????unsure.png

the entangled partner??? How on earth would you know which particle out of the trillions and trillions out there???????unsure.png

You're doing a controlled experiment. e.g. if you are entangling photons, they are coming from a source, going in a particular direction and have a known wavelength.

You're doing a controlled experiment. e.g. if you are entangling photons, they are coming from a source, going in a particular direction and have a known wavelength.

Thanks for the reply.

But what about particle indistinguishability?

What about the north and south positions mentioned earlier? I think I saw that somewhere in this threadblink.png

Thanks for the reply.

But what about particle indistinguishability?

What about the north and south positions mentioned earlier? I think I saw that somewhere in this threadblink.png

Indistinguishability isn't an issue. Each particle in the entangled pair is sent off in a different direction.

I remember reading that Richard Feynman long ago suggested the reason all electrons appeared exactly the same is because there is only one electron that exists. And this single electron just enters and exits our space, I think he said traveling through time somehow, an infinite number of times and different locations. The effect would be what we observe, identical apparently "different" electrons, at different locations.

Could a similar idea apply to quantum entanglement? It appears to us, in our 3d space, that two particles seem to have identical and linked properties even though they are spatially separated. But this is just apparent, because there's really only a single particle slipping in and out.

But entanglement isn't about having identical properties. It's about correlated properties. If I flip a coin and look at the side facing up, I instantly know what is facing down because the two faces are correlated. They are not, however, the same (unless I'm cheating).

But entanglement isn't about having identical properties. It's about correlated properties. If I flip a coin and look at the side facing up, I instantly know what is facing down because the two faces are correlated. They are not, however, the same (unless I'm cheating).

Ok, I see what you mean by correlated properties. So I believe entanglement would refer to, to use your analogy, two spatially separated coins such that as soon as you determine that coin 1 is heads, we instantly know the remote coin is tails. Is that right? The important thing being that there are multiple coins that are "entangled" not multiple properties of a single coin that are entangled.

Ok, I see what you mean by correlated properties. So I believe entanglement would refer to, to use your analogy, two spatially separated coins such that as soon as you determine that coin 1 is heads, we instantly know the remote coin is tails. Is that right? The important thing being that there are multiple coins that are "entangled" not multiple properties of a single coin that are entangled.

It's true that multiple values of a single coin aren't entangled, but this is an analogy and one coin isn't displaying QM behavior.

If two coins were entangled, then we would know the state of the remote coin when we measured the local one.

• 1 month later...