Project helping idea and advice if you please

Zant

Hello, I am not sure if this is where this topic should be and if that's the case I am sorry.

I am currently building a project or rather have ideas to build a project but I dont know what to make. I wont lie it is for school but we are suppose to seek help from anywhere we wish and be as independent from the school itself as possible.

Since i am going the technology course it has to be techy with a report and I have the entire school year to build and I pay for the supplies myself. but the project itself I choose what I want as long as it stays relevant to the subject of technology and engineering.

I ask you to help me give ideas what I might be able to build as I am not that great at ideas and eventual experience you have would be greatly appreciated.

My own ideas is in short a google glass copy, a wearable computer(arm wrist) as you can see neighter is what I would call complete ideas or all that great.

I am happy for any ideas you might have it dosent need to re invent the wheel I just ask for advice and experience if you will.

I apologize in advance for any misspelling I might have.

-Zant

You have not specified whether your project is for PhD, Masters, Bachelors, or other, which means our suggestions may be misplaced. A one year project is probably not a PhD level project.

A wearable computer similar to Glass might be expensive and technically complex. The first wearable computers were cell-phone based, and hung around one's neck. Glass and similar projects now focus on making these computers smaller, which requires very good equipment; you must be studying at a University to suggest such a project, or have access to equipment elsewhere.

Since your profile lists biology as a primary science interest and your post describes a wearable computer, you might combine your two interests to make a wearable computer for biologists. For example, one that combines a digital microscope for field use, with removable flash card to store an image library (e.g., images of bacteria). Similar to the VT-300 Digital Microscope, for example. Make it easy for the user to view library images and microscope images for comparison.

I get the feeling you're still at high school. And your budget is counted in tens, or possibly hundreds of dollars/euros, not thousands or ten thousands... Correct?

Does your project need to result in something built? Or can it also result in knowledge (a research project)?

Building something like a google glass is gonna be insanely difficult, and I promise that you will get bogged down on something small, like how to create the display, or how to make the computer small enough. So, therefore you are much better off taking on a project that (for example) is called "researching how to make a simplified display like in a Google glass". Then you can stop worrying about the computer, the apps, the actual looks of the glass or the resolution of that display. Just try to get a red dot on it will be difficult enough. And if you study, and understand how it works, then after 1 year, this will have been a very good learning experience.

Sorry for not clarifying, this is a end project to be able to show to universities and companies what you are able to do, basically. and yes the project needs something built that can range from strands of data in the form of an app like thing or a physical object. Hope this clarification helps. I think that the school can pay a sum if you have a great idea.