A holy language

Starburst

Have you ever heard of Edenics?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that there is the same level of ignorance and dishonesty employed by pseudo-linguists as by pseudo-scientists. I am impressed that they managed to get at least one factual error/lie into pretty much every paragraph as far as I read (which wasn't far; the abuse started making me feel rather unwell after a while.

There is a field called "historical linguistics" which looks at language change and relationships between languages. There are, of course, similar words in related languages. These are known as cognates. However, it is not enough to just look for words that sound (or, worse, look) similar. It is necessary to understand the history of the words, the types of sound changes that can occur, whether it could be borrowing, and many other factors.

So, for example, we know "leaf" and "folio" are not related as they claim.

We also know the history of Semitic languages and that, therefore, Hebrew is not the first. We also know that English, for example is in a totally different language family (Indo-European). There are attempts to show how the major families might have been related in the very distant past (a common ancestor for both proto-Semitic and proto-IndoEurpoean, for example) and one of their few references is to Ruhlen's work on this. But (a) this would be millennia before anyone spoke Hebrew and (b) it is not widely accepted by serious linguists (as opposed to people who, say, make stuff up).

You can of course, invent fantasy relationships between words in different languages if you are prepared to stretch what you consider similar, and be sufficiently flexible with the meanings (both these fallacies are on display in that page).

From that page: "a person who knows Hebrew well can fully understand English, Basque or Swahili."

This is such shameless dishonesty, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Here is a letter chart that shows similarities

A quick glance suggests that is basically accurate (if incomplete). I suppose the Big Lie in this case is labelling all the early Semitic scripts as "Hebrew". It would be just as accurate to label them Greek, Latin or even Thai.

Another highly relevant video for you:

Here’s the thing……… Everyone claims to be an expert on linguistics. However despite all the squabbling there still remains to be similarities which cannot be denied both in different languages and different writings both ancient and modern.

What’s more, even in the face of all this evidence it really doesn’t matter because the particular spiral form (shown in my earlier posting) produced from the mathematical law found in the natural world does indeed produce what appears to be ALL THE HEBREW LETTERS! There is no denying that! Therefore, what this is suggesting is that Hebrew IS that ONE PERFECT LANGUAGE, and GOD GIVEN both according to scripture and nature!

Looking in the book right now for a better way to explain it……… Here is one of the quotes taken out of the book pertaining to the Hebrew letter spiral shape produced from the Fibonacci sequence. “”if nature and the universe do not follow the will of God then such a God is not God””.

Whether you choose to accept this knowledge is totally up to you. Some can clearly see it, and others still struggle, but the evidence IS THERE for all to see. And to me this evidence speaks volumes and can change the mindset of the world in terms of both science and religion........ That there is a God and He created everything by speaking it into existance through the Hebrew language and its letters.

Edited by Starburst

Since it lack vowels, you can't write "bollocks" with the Hebrew abjad.

That, in itself is proof that it's not a perfect script or language.

”if nature and the universe do not follow the will of God then such a God is not God”.

OK, since bad things happen there is no God or He's a nasty piece of work: take your pick.

Also, if you look at the way your computer works you will find that the alphabets (and the pictures etc) are often produced from these mathematical objects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9zier_curve

The "magic" spirals of yours don't get a look in.

Hi Bill, Ive read this book ["The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins] and Im not particularly open to Dawkins' mind set. However I do have an open mind when it comes to these matters, but what Dawkins purposes still does not add up, and as much as he would like to talk about evolution, there is still not enough OBSERVED evidence for me.

It sounds as if you are asserting an old argument sometimes characterized as the "God of the Gaps"

To quote from one explaination of this argument:

The concept, although not the exact wording, goes back to Henry Drummond, a 19th-century evangelist lecturer, from his Lowell Lectures on The Ascent of Man. He chastises those Christians who point to the things that science can not yet explain"gaps which they will fill up with God"and urges them to embrace all nature as God's, as the work of "... an immanent God, which is the God of Evolution, who is infinitely grander than the occasional wonder-worker, who is the God of an old theology."

Edited by Bill Angel

Here’s the thing……… Everyone claims to be an expert on linguistics.

Anyone can claim to be an expert. However, some people study the subject, do research, write and refer to peer reviewed journals, etc. In other words, practice science. Other people just make shit up. Guess which category your idea falls into? (There is a clue in the number of references to published research on the web page.)

However despite all the squabbling there still remains to be similarities which cannot be denied both in different languages and different writings both ancient and modern.

And I don't think anyone is denying that. However, not all languages are related. And it takes more than spotting a few similarities in sound and claimed meaning to determine the relationship. This is why I would refer you to serious linguistics research rather than fabricated nonsense.

Hebrew was not the original script nor the original language. The vast majority of languages in the world are not related to Hebrew.

There are also a number of writing systems that are completely independent of the Egyptian/Semitic scripts (which are not even the oldest forms of writing). Again, some people have studied the history of writing systems and done serious research. Other people make up nonsense about magic spirals.

And so on and so on. It is ignorant nonsense peppered with lies. If I were making claims about religion and, by implication, morality then I would not rely on such dishonest material for support. It doesn't look good.

The rest of your post is just irrelevant preaching. Keep it to yourself.

Edited by Strange

Wait a minute here………. Why am I being told to keep it to myself when this is a forum (and particular thread) to talk about such stuff? If you are offended by what I am saying, then it is you that needs to keep it to yourself.

You can attach fancy words to it like “”magical”” all you want to try and undermine it, but no matter how hard you try the evidence is still there for all to see!

Yes, and in fact it is a magical spiral in a certain sense! smile.png

Now, the thing I would like to talk about is the power that this language, writing, and frequency have in regards to the physics of the world and the universe since FREQUENCY controls ALL things.

This language has the power to alter our environment in terms of altering the weather and even the general health of all living things on the planet and the planet itself. The great pyramid puts out a frequency that is thought to be beneficial to the earth.

Today we have all these lines being crossed all over the atmosphere such as with the Haarp facility, sonar antennas and navy ships, satellites, antennas that put out over 10hrtz that cause people and animals to go stir crazy. This is the downside of this language, but it can also be used for the good of all, and according to the author of this book she claims that this language will bring harmonization to the world and the biblical prophecy that God will restore a pure language back to the people will be fulfilled.

Zephaniah 3:9-20 New King James Version (NKJV) “For then I will restore to the peoples a pure language, That they all may call on the name of the LORD, To serve Him with one accord.

Edited by Starburst

"This language has the power to alter our environment in terms of altering the weather "

No it doesn't.

"The great pyramid puts out a frequency that is thought to be beneficial to the earth."

No it doesn't.

"antennas that put out over 10hrtz that cause people and animals to go stir crazy. "

No it doesn't.

"Zephaniah 3:9-20 New King James Version (NKJV) “For then I will restore to the peoples a pure language, That they all may call on the name of the LORD, To serve Him with one accord. "

old books are not evidence.

Wait a minute here………. Why am I being told to keep it to myself when this is a forum (and particular thread) to talk about such stuff? If you are offended by what I am saying, then it is you that needs to keep it to yourself.

You can attach fancy words to it like “”magical”” all you want to try and undermine it, but no matter how hard you try the evidence is still there for all to see!

Yes, and in fact it is a magical spiral in a certain sense! smile.png

Now, the thing I would like to talk about is the power that this language, writing, and frequency have in regards to the physics of the world and the universe since FREQUENCY controls ALL things.

This language has the power to alter our environment in terms of altering the weather and even the general health of all living things on the planet and the planet itself. The great pyramid puts out a frequency that is thought to be beneficial to the earth.

Today we have all these lines being crossed all over the atmosphere such as with the Haarp facility, sonar antennas and navy ships, satellites, antennas that put out over 10hrtz that cause people and animals to go stir crazy. This is the downside of this language, but it can also be used for the good of all, and according to the author of this book she claims that this language will bring harmonization to the world and the biblical prophecy that God will restore a pure language back to the people will be fulfilled.

Zephaniah 3:9-20 New King James Version (NKJV) “For then I will restore to the peoples a pure language, That they all may call on the name of the LORD, To serve Him with one accord.

You are being told to keep it to yourself due to a lack of factual evidence being brought forth on this subject. You had to have known that on a science forum, there's going to be a majority who are skeptics, especially anything religious in nature. So I implore you, as I did in my initial response to your post, to please provide evidence. An opinion doesn't count as evidence. A solitary book doesn't count either. Neither do individual statements, "just think about it"-s, or relating it to a religious book. There was language long before the Hebrew people, this is evidenced clearly by the numerous types of writing (cuneiform, Phoenician alphabet, and Egyptian Hieroglyphs) that were already being used before a bearded man in the sky set a shrubbery on fire and scratched on a couple stone tablets.

How does frequency control all things? I'd really like to know. Even more so, how does language control the weather or health? If this is true, why hasn't any nation taken control of such abilities (no, this isn't a plea to conspiracy theorists). If a language is all powerful and able to control everything and is there for the benefit of "all living things and the planet itself", why would it be causing these same living things to go stir crazy? Seems to me this is a direct conflict with your previous paragraph.

Again, citing the bible, regardless of version (numerous as they are), is not sufficient evidence.

EDIT: Double clicked post

Edited by WWLabRat

Wait a minute here………. Why am I being told to keep it to myself when this is a forum (and particular thread) to talk about such stuff?

It is only the blatant preaching that is irrelevant. This is a science site, after all. Would you expect me to tell you about my favourite movie instead of providing scientific evidence?

but no matter how hard you try the evidence is still there for all to see!

You need something more compelling than some pretty pictures when there is a mountain of historical evidence that contradicts you.

Utter nonsense. And then it goes downhill from there.

...and as much as he would like to talk about evolution, there is still not enough OBSERVED evidence for me.

So you initially claim that there's not enough evidence to allow you to believe in evolutionary theory:

I am also no expert on the evolution theory, I just have a personal gut feeling that it is wrong and many things do not add up.

However now the rejection is based on a "gut feeling" instead? I'd be interested to know what you think "doesn't add up" about evolutionary theory, and would suspect that the evidence in support of the perceived gap is considerably greater than any of the claims made in this thread thus far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.