Increased Ocean Bottom Currents, Algae Bioprecipitation, Rain & Sunshine Ice Age Megaflaura & Megabeasts

Humblemunn

The ability for large herds of megafauna to thrive during the Ice Age period is a long standing enigma. How could such huge numbers of large mammals have found enough food to keep them warm and healthy during the globally much cooler times of the Ice Age?

I have a unique solution below. I do have a speculation for how the Earth's 100ky inclination cycle relative to Jupiter's orbital plane can increase ocean tidal strength, but I want to keep that out of the conversation at present. The inclination cycle is the up and down movement in the Earth's orbit.

(i) The earth's 100ky inclination cycle is reponsible for an increase in ocean tidal strength.

(ii) These extra bottom ocean currents bring an abundance of nutrients to the surface.

(iii) Algae blooms dominate the ocean surfaces.

(iv) The algae life-cycle leads to bacteria released into the atmoshere.

(v) Bioprecipitation of rain-making bacteria leads to an increase in rainfall.

(vi) An increase in rainfall leads to less cloud cover overall.

(vii) Less cloud cover means more sunshine.

(viii) More rainfall and sunshine leads to more and bigger flora.

(ix) 'Megaflora' allows megafauna to flourish.

The Problems with Milankovitch Current Ice Age Theory

The Wikipedia entry describes a number of major problems with solar-only forcing.

Put simply, the sun simply isn’t strong enough to create the heat required to change from an interglacial to a glacial age and vice versa due to the earth moving closer and further away in its non-circular orbit. I propose that this can be reconciled by the hypothesis of additional tidal currents during the earth’s 3-dimensional transition across the Jupiter’s orbital plane, it's inclination cycle. These ocean and atmospheric currents are the trigger for ice age conditions to occur. They move heat and precipitation away from the equatorial regions to the polar regions. It’s the extra precipitation which is needed for the polar region snow covering to be thick enough so as not to melt away in the summer months. The Antarctic landmass and Greenland allow for this settling of snow and ice which brings global cooling which then leads to Arctic sea ice to forming more readily. This then provides the mechanism of the albedo feedback effect, where the sun’s rays are reflected back into space, giving overall global cooling. This scenario then continues until the interglacial period reverses the effect, where the extra tidal forces are lost.

Yet another concern with the current sunlight-only explanation is that of the so called ‘400,000 year problem’. This can be reconciled with an underlying 200,000 year cycle depending on whether the earth is descending or ascending through Jupiter’s orbital plane coinciding with the landmass south pole or ocean basin north pole. If the northern hemisphere is rising into the sun’s plane then higher tidal energy will allow ocean currents to enter the cold polar basin, shifting the albedo effect of sea ice and giving a quick end to any previous ice age. If the southern hemisphere descends into Jupiter’s orbital plane on the next cycle, then this landmass would provide a stable platform for rapid glaciation formation, giving a sudden global cooling and quick entry into a glacial period.

Please be as kind as you can when posting. Thank you.

Woolly mammoth vs mastodon

MammothVsMastodon.jpg

Edited by Humblemunn

I am not sure what you are asserting here, why would mega fauna have any problem finding food during the ice ages?

Think about Siberia at the present time. In today's climate there wouldn't be enough food to support vast herds of woolly mammoth, aurochs, cave lion, cave bear, Cave hyena, Irish elk, giant polar bears, woolly rhinoceros, Merck's rhinoceros, narrow-nosed rhinoceros, and Elasmotherium. So why would there be more food during glacial tiimes?

Pleistocene climate was marked by repeated glacial cycles where continental glaciers pushed to the 40th parallel in some places. It is estimated that, at maximum glacial extent, 30% of the Earth's surface was covered by ice. In addition, a zone of permafrost stretched southward from the edge of the glacial sheet, a few hundred kilometres in North America, and several hundred in Eurasia. The mean annual temperature at the edge of the ice was −6 °C (21 °F); at the edge of the permafrost, 0 °C (32 °F)

Think about Siberia at the present time. In today's climate there wouldn't be enough food to support vast herds of woolly mammoth, aurochs, cave lion, cave bear, Cave hyena, Irish elk, giant polar bears, woolly rhinoceros, Merck's rhinoceros, narrow-nosed rhinoceros, and Elasmotherium. So why would there be more food during glacial tiimes?

Have you forgotten about seasons? Even at the edge of the ice sheets the summer woke up the landscape of the "frozen" tundra just like it does now and taiga forests rolled across the landscape just like it does today but just further south. These animals were capable of migrating vast distances from summer to winter feeding grounds just like caribou, musk oxen, bison, bears and other large fauna do today. Large animals like elephants migrate huge distances even to day to follow the growing season why couldn't the mega fauna have done that as well?

Have you forgotten about seasons? Even at the edge of the ice sheets the summer woke up the landscape of the "frozen" tundra just like it does now and taiga forests rolled across the landscape just like it does today but just further south. These animals were capable of migrating vast distances from summer to winter feeding grounds just like caribou, musk oxen, bison, bears and other large fauna do today. Large animals like elephants migrate huge distances even to day to follow the growing season why couldn't the mega fauna have done that as well?

This was my first guess when new to the subject. The Wikipedia entry for Woolly Mammoth has another reason for their continued existence in the region. I'm sure that specimens have been found which show that they existed there during all the months of the year.

The habitat of the woolly mammoth is known as "mammoth steppe" or "tundra steppe". This environment stretched across northern Asia, many parts of Europe, and the northern part of North America during the last ice age. It was similar to the grassy steppes of modern Russia, but the flora was more diverse, abundant, and grew faster. Grasses, sedges, shrubs, and herbaceous plants were present, and scattered trees were mainly found in southern regions. This habitat was not dominated by ice and snow, as is popularly believed, since these regions are thought to have been high-pressure areas at the time. The habitat of the woolly mammoth also supported other grazing herbivores such as the woolly rhinoceros, wild horses and bison.

This was my first guess when new to the subject. The Wikipedia entry for Woolly Mammoth has another reason for their continued existence in the region. I'm sure that specimens have been found which show that they existed there during all the months of the year.

I'm not sure how this supports your position... ?