I cannot access the blogs

When I click on a blog I am just getting a blank screen - is it me? or systemic?

I get this from time to time. I have to reload the page a few times before something "catches" and the page actually loads. I get this more often at SFN blogs than elsewhere, but it does happen with other sites once in a while. (I'm on a mac, using Safari)

Hey swansont,

I have been reading your Swans on Tea blog, I don't understand the Physics (no surprise there) but your posts are very witty. You have a great sense of humour and I enjoy reading them, so thanks smile.png Trying to reach 50 posts so that I can start a Biology blog.

Best wishes,

Tri

I've also noticed that my blog, "Against All Odds - A finite journey into the infinite", doesn't appear in the list. Of course, it's been quite a while since I've made of post. So, that may be the reason, but surely it should still be listed.

Edited by Daedalus

I've also noticed that my blog, "Against All Odds - A finite journey into the infinite", doesn't appear in the list. Of course, it's been quite a while since I've made of post. So, that may be the reason, but surely it should still be listed.

Perhaps drop Capn a PM about that, as long as you have some content there.

Perhaps drop Capn a PM about that, as long as you have some content there.

Will do! Thanks Imatfaal happy.png

Edit: This is crazy!!! I checked to see if my blog, "Against All Odds", was listed, and it was not. I then sent Cap'n a message as you suggested. Then, I updated my blog entry, "A Window Into The Soul", to include the arrangement of the music I wrote for Externet, "A casa d'un drapaire", and my blog showed up in the list. So, I edited my message to Cap'n telling him not to worry because my blog is now showing up. However, when I checked the blog list after editing the PM to Cap'n, it wasn't there. So, I closed and re-opened my browser and now my blog is listed, but just now as I am editing this post, I went to get the link to my blog from the list and it is no longer showing up.

I decided to test the list using a different browser, IE. I didn't log into SFN and went straight to the blog list. My blog wasn't listed. So, I logged into my account at SFN, and sure enough when I went to the blog list it showed up.

I'm not sure if anyone else can see my blog listed. If everyone else can see "Against All Odds" in the list, then both, Firefox and IE, on my PC are having problems retrieving the list. If others are having the same problem as I am seeing my blog in the list, then it might be a problem with SFN's server not retrieving all of the blogs for the list.

Edit: After checking multiple times, my blog seems to be showing up in the list for both browsers now that I have cleared the cache. I'm going to keep an eye on this issue to see if it occurs again, but it would be helpful if I can get a verification from others that they see my blog listed. I appreciate any help with checking this. I thought I was going crazy so I took screen shots of the problem:

Here the blog is listed:

post-51329-0-89901500-1378096386_thumb.png

Here the blog is NOT listed:

post-51329-0-26320700-1378096422_thumb.png

Edited by Daedalus

Another bad morning. I haven't been able to get my blog to appear for the last hour. At other times the blog editor is really slow to load. This getting mighty frustrating.

I haven't been able to read your blog lately. The page just won't load. It's quite disappointing too because you always have some interesting posts.

Edited by Daedalus

I've just tried to fix the blank page problem. Please let me know if it recurs. The blogs may still be slow -- our server is struggling under the load it sees every day -- but I think they'll at least load. I'll try to think of speed improvements if there are any to be had.

I also just disabled Firestats, because it's keeping a record of every hit to the blogs and taking massive amounts of time to load in the admin panel. And then tinkered with MySQL, breaking the site for a bit in the process. Let me know how it goes.

I've just tried to fix the blank page problem. Please let me know if it recurs. The blogs may still be slow -- our server is struggling under the load it sees every day -- but I think they'll at least load. I'll try to think of speed improvements if there are any to be had.

I also just disabled Firestats, because it's keeping a record of every hit to the blogs and taking massive amounts of time to load in the admin panel. And then tinkered with MySQL, breaking the site for a bit in the process. Let me know how it goes.

Have you solved the Sign Up button? Because there is still an error.

That's how you start a blog here, if you want a blog at blogs.scienceforums.net. But you can get a blog anywhere you want, really.

Well, I would rather start one here so I don't have to go through all the hassle of using another service. Also, the blogs are linked here.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm having the same problem as Unity+

Trying to set up a blog, clicking on 'sign up' results in the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_blogs_of_user() in /www/area52.scienceforums.net/html/admin/applications_addon/other/blogs/modules_public/register/register.php on line 34

Anybody know when this will be fixed?

Thanks