A challenge for creationists.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creationists may behave reasonable enough, but we are talking about their debate tactics and mindset here. Most creationist arguments sound very reasonable, probably to adapt to increased awareness to the fact that they are usually lying and have no solid evidence to support their claims. A lot of creationist "evidence" contains a lot of big words and numbers to satisy the layperson that they know what they are talking about. (I can give examples) I am not saying all creationists are bad people. No one said that. Its just that most of them don't have a good grip on the rules of debate and scientific reason.

Thank you.

Sayo: yeah I saw that.

You're right. Seeing all[/i'] creationalists as unreasonable would be a little bit short sighted, agreed?

like I said before, unreasonable in terms of knowledge of proper scientific debate: definitely. Universally unreasonable in character: maybe, even likely, but not definitely.

Creationists are people who feel their very beliefs that they held true for a long time under attack by evolution. These are also people who are conscious of the fact that evolution theory negates the Genesis creation story, and think this is an indication of science overshadowing the entire bible. These are people who try to make aspects of their religious beliefs sound scientific in order to get equal time in classrooms simply to indoctrinate students. Their arguments are often negated a long time ago, yet they still continue copy-and-paste them, still consider any flaw in paleontology, geology, evolutionary biology, etc. complete proof of their religion's versoin of creation. These behaviors are annoying at best, hopelessy desperate at worst. But it does not necessarily mean their characters are wrong, misguided maybe, but they feel that they must make an argument, no matter how erroneous, and they do.

Creationists are people who feel their very beliefs that they held true for a long time under attack by evolution. These are also people who are conscious of the fact that evolution theory negates the Genesis creation story.These are people who try to make aspects of their religious beliefs sound scientific in order to get equal time in classrooms simply to indoctrinate students. Consider any flaw in paleontology' date=' geology, evolutionary biology, etc. complete proof of their religion's versoin of creation.[/quote']

A question,Ive noticed particularly when discussing evolution .Why are people,who take issue and point out some absurdity,or better inconsistancy in paleon/geology/ ect are they labelled and dismissed as creationists.Surely we should adhere to the scientific method,on all subject matter.Now people can be wrong(lack of understanding)or they could be correct.Simply dismissing a valid problem within a science,with 'CREATIONIST' isnt logical or scientific.It demeans the forum.

A question,Ive noticed particularly when discussing evolution .Why are people,who take issue and point out some absurdity,or better inconsistancy in paleon/geology/ ect are they labelled and dismissed as creationists.Surely we should adhere to the scientific method,on all subject matter.Now people can be wrong(lack of understanding)or they could be correct.Simply dismissing a valid problem within a science,with 'CREATIONIST' isnt logical or scientific.It demeans the forum.

I don't think that's universally true, or even close. Often the "absurdity" is nothing of the sort, if they only understood some science, and in fact is argument from incredulity. The myriad "probability of life" arguments leap to mind.

The thing that triggers attitude is attitude. People that approach an issue with an "I don't understand this, please help me" attitude will generally be treated better than the "You people are so stupid, because there's this obvious flaw" attitude, that generally goes hand-in-hand with cluelessness about the topic at hand. Maybe people are just gunshy, but the latter attitude seems to correlate strongly with a religious/political agenda.

Thanks both of you,I can understand now.I guess if i bring a subject up i should be cautious in my wording.

Its only the way i view it,but i personally believe someone's post should be argued away with factual data.I dont think the majority of posters here have a motive or agenda,i may be wrong(i dont think many creationary scientists would find the interlectual stimuli here).

I dont have fixed opinion,i like to research evidence myself.If i cannot comprehend the subject i dont discuss it.

There are many subjects im interested in,and would enjoy debating the factual issues i

have.So please realise my motive is not to rubbish a whole discipline,just make known actual fact.

I can read or google for facts,my purpose here is to discuss topics,especially with those posters whom are so indoctrined(perhaps not the correct word)and take on face value a claim as fact,when in reality its a documented best guess assumption.And debated by many in the science community.

I do not see it as us against them (creationist Vs science),regardless of an individuals stance.I see it as what are the facts,does it stand up to the scientific method.And when it doesnt I want to talk about it.

Not so much unreasonable as mentally ill.

Haha, now can we be serious?

Can a man that believes in God not acctept the proof of evolution, can he not be capable of reason.

There are problems with labeling people and assuming everything about them becuause of that label. That problem is a part of a world were we don't judge people on their character but on their labels.

I mean actual creationists. From the viewpoint of some creationists the attribution of creation to god may seem just as valid as the attribution of change to evolution, regardless of whether they believe in god or not. So I'm pretty sure it's an aesthetic decision (plus you get to flame nerds) in some cases.

Now people can be wrong(lack of understanding)or they could be correct.Simply dismissing a valid problem within a science,with 'CREATIONIST' isnt logical or scientific.It demeans the forum.

you have go to remember, a lot of us are accustomed to dealing with biblical creationists. AS you might know, a common tactic with these people is to take one flaw or uncertainty within science and twist it into "proof" that all of science is wrong, and by default, the bible is correct. When we see someone questioning science, even though it is not a bad thing to do, the red creationist flag immediately goes up. I apologize.