Neomura Evolution

I stumbled upon a phylogenetic tree where Archaea evolved from Bacteria after a number of different phyla of bacteria had branched off. Is this accepted because everything else that I have looked at has Archaea branching off earlier?

I stumbled upon a phylogenetic tree where Archaea evolved from Bacteria after a number of different phyla of bacteria had branched off. Is this accepted because everything else that I have looked at has Archaea branching off earlier?

Could you provide a link to that tree?

Probably the most important part of that is this quote...

This article is about a taxonomic rank not followed by the majority of the scientific community.

Common Decent at that level is iffy to say the least, gene sharing may forever hide the details of this period in life...

It is generally not what most biologists would agree on. I am not an expert in this area, but I have the impression that this is pretty much a thing established Cavalier-Smith (though correct me, if I am wrong).

Nonetheless, the evidence is not fundamentally conclusive though to my understanding the current weight of evidence is not favoring this view. But then, my knowledge in this area is certainly not cutting-edge and maybe Arete could weigh in on it.

What I do is usually let an evolutionary biologist that I trust deal with the changing evidence (and whatever biomolecule is currently en vogue) and let him/her give me a summary so that I do not need to track this issue (or the the different feuds that may be there).