Can an MRI read thoughts?

EdEarl

From Science News:

Aug. 19, 2013 — By analysing MRI images of the brain with an elegant mathematical model, it is possible to reconstruct thoughts more accurately than ever before. In this way, researchers from Radboud University Nijmegen have succeeded in determining which letter a test subject was looking at.

The journal Neuroimage has accepted the article, which will be published soon.

I bet CIA saliva is flowing over this juicy tidbit, and I expect a movie will soon appear with a similar, future, hand held technology being used to interrogate terrorists, criminal suspects, or (stealth version) political rivals. Soon someone will report aliens are scanning our brains from orbit, they no longer need to abduct a person for examination.

I bet CIA saliva is flowing over this juicy tidbit, and I expect a movie will soon appear with a similar, future, hand held technology being used to interrogate terrorists, criminal suspects, or (stealth version) political rivals. Soon someone will report aliens are scanning our brains from orbit, they no longer need to abduct a person for examination.

Never mind the CIA. I can see where wives would really go for this idea! Stalkers too, for that matter. . .

Do they already have hand-held MRI machines?

Never mind the CIA. I can see where wives would really go for this idea! Stalkers too, for that matter. . .

Do they already have hand-held MRI machines?

No hand held MRI AFAIK, that is my idea for Hollywood, where magic is their middle name (Hollymagicwood).

Edited by EdEarl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.