The Photosphere Bubble (Physics Thread)

zorro

Question: Is surface tension holding the photosphere together more than the Gravitational fields ???

Judging by the way Solar storms rip thru the Photosphere then contracting back to reform, it seems that the Photosphere is more in surface tension not gravitational compression.

http://solarscience..../feature1.shtml

sunspot1.jpg

Storm watching:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=91H4qgFCauQ

zorro doh.gif

Sun_parts_big.jpg

Now consider the fact that the surface of the Sun is that wispy gas, crushed down thousands of times more densely than the deepest core of the Earth. The Sun’s surface is so crushed that the Hydrogen is now denser than Iron on Earth. It’s so dense that the electrons in the atoms cannot hold their shape, and matter starts to collapse in upon itself. The electrons and nuclei of the gas break apart, and as a result, the gravitational pressure forces the material to elevate its energy to the forth state of matter and become super-heated plasma. But that’s literally just the surface.

http://sargosis.com/articles/science/what-solar-power-fusion-and-manned-space-exploration-have-to-do-with-each-other/

"The Sun’s surface is so crushed that the Hydrogen is now denser than Iron on Earth. "

No it isn't.

The density of the photosphere is about 0.0002 kg/cubic metre

The density of iron on the earth's surface is about 8000 kg/cubic metre.

You are wrong by a factor of about forty million.

We know this from spectroscopic studies.

Why don't you stop posting nonsense and try learning stuff instead?

"The Sun’s surface is so crushed that the Hydrogen is now denser than Iron on Earth. "

No it isn't.

The density of the photosphere is about 0.0002 kg/cubic metre

The density of iron on the earth's surface is about 8000 kg/cubic metre.

You are wrong by a factor of about forty million.

We know this from spectroscopic studies.

Why don't you stop posting nonsense and try learning stuff instead?

You steal my thunder now chill to the end of this thread. Take your spear to the ref I provided before you sit on it wacko.png

We are talking the Granulations of the Photosphere and how are they attached. In there attachment a process of insutation we need in a working reactor????

!

Moderator Note

Zorro - your last few threads have been closed due to a lack of evidence. Please bear this in mind with this latest iteration. BTW do not open speculative threads in the main fora.

I plan to keep this thread on the Granular structures and delve into how energy passes. We have many waco's members and Mods on this forum, that you won't castigate, who just want a battle. I am not interested in their witt, so close it now before I waste a bit of my time. I have this subject in other places that are considerate forums as well. So why don't you just ban me now, and make my good & interesting posts go elsewhere.

Edited by zorro

We are talking the Granulations of the Photosphere and how are they attached.

You need to demonstrate that the granulations have a density many million orders of magnitude higher than the average. I can see the density being different because the granulation appear to be fluid convected from other areas. But many million orders of magnitude difference? You need to demonstrate that.

Also, if that is what you wanted to restrict the discussion to, you probably should have stated that in the first place.

And speaking of the first place, you also need to demonstrate how the surface tension of these granulations are holding the photosphere together.

You really should be able to compare the surface tension forces to the gravitational forces. You don't even have to do an in-depth study. A back-of-the-envelope level/order of magnitude calculation would demonstrate how the surface tension forces compare to the gravitational forces. I didn't do any in-depth research at all, but the first Google result for 'surface tension of plasmas' comes up with a link to a paper by Hora et al., IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, vol 17, 1989 entitled 'On the surface tension of plasmas'... that sounds promising. Seems like with some work on your part you can begin to answer this question.

Edited by Bignose

It's not so much that he has to demonstrate that the density is a million times bigger (though that would be good).

What he has to do is explain why the measurements of the density are a million fold wrong.

Incidentally, re

"So why don't you just ban me now, and make my good & interesting posts go elsewhere."

You have not made any good or interesting posts.You just post rubbish like the sun's surface is denser than iron, it's where fusion takes place and the sun produces iron. All of those ideas are gibberish.

There may be a few psychologists who find your posts interesting, but that's it.