Darting specks of light in my vision - know what they are?

I was THRILLED to find this topic. I have had floaters for as far back as I can remember. These are definitely NOT floaters!!! I began meditating a little over one year ago, and have begun to see the world in an entirely different way than I used to. About 3 months ago, I began seeing these little specks of light, darting all over the place. I cannot see them (or at least not yet) in the dead of night. At first I thought that the sun was needed, however, today is gray and overcast. At this point in time, I need to be looking at a monotone background to see them. I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one. Right now, I am having fun with them. I am definitely going to read this particular forum from start to finish! Thanks for sharing :)

• 2 weeks later...

I see the big ones out of the sides of my vision. Usually.

I am healthy, have not had any head injury and have been to eye doctors once a year and my eyes are fine.

If I relax and stare into the space of air I then can see the smaller ones that I call " energy specks,"(or "skates" as I call them because they remind me of water bug skates that zip around on the surface of still water.) That's how they look in the air, all zipping around and busy like. When I'm out side I can see many more of those smaller ones at will, some are more vivid than others, some moving more rapidly too.

The bigger brighter ones come at random and I can zone in on them but they soon disappear. If I don't stare or turn to view them they stay a little longer. I have seen them out side but very infrequently and when I have seen the bigger ones they are huge quick flashes of light from ground to sky out of my side vision . I think the bigger ones that I see out of my preferential vision are angles because of my "good mood" at the time they do appear. or they appear when I'm with a loved one or close friend. I think the small ones are energy and everything is make out of energy so makes since to me that some people can see the energy in the air. I do not talk too much to others about these sightings and was very surprised to find out that so many others see these specks of moving lights too. I've seen them since I was a child too. I'm middle aged now.

This is a long thread and still alive after so many years. I guess the nature of this topic keeps it alive as it has to be observed over few decades before coming to conclusion about the reality of Nature. These white bright darts do intelligent quantum jumps ("quantum leap" by Neils Bohr I meant) and there are virtually millions of them seen in brightly lit up space e.g. blue sky or cloudy sky or far horizon

Opthomalogist say this is Blue field entoptic phenomena of the white blood cells. Does it explain the quantum intelligent jump still ? I do not think so. I have been observing them for more than 20 years (adult then ) and I do not have to focus even. Just look at some far horizon or sky (blue or cloudy) . Here the consciousness, eye and nature (read yin/yang someone commented on the post earlier ) are in alignment (read nature's frequency ) with each other. Perhaps, people can see them when all three are in tune with nature's frequency.

I am happy there are few other who can see these bright white quantum darts.

These white bright darts do intelligent quantum jumps

What is an "intelligent quantum jump"?

And ho do you know they do them?

Perhaps, people can see them when all three are in tune with nature's frequency.

What is "nature's frequency"?

Strange,

Quantum jump ("quantum leap") itself is intelligent. I just let it know other viewers of this post , if they are not aware.

How I know they are like quantum jump, these dart bright light particles move randomly without a tail initially and disappear with a tail (and perhaps some of them reappear in milliseconds ) across sky or horizon. If you gaze a large horizon or sky you can clearly see millions of them dancing around. Clearly, some relationship between light, eye and perception (consciousness) is at play here. It is very difficult to buy the Ophthalmologist view only. Millions of white blood cells randomly dancing in seconds time !! I am not denying it either. As someone else also posted, they themselves did not trust their patient and laughed at him/her.

Regarding "nature's frequency", I meant how well/unwell we perceive ( consciousness controls this) as observers -via eye- of the blue sky (objects we perceive, mainly). The light blue sky has perhaps light particle energy elements ( i agree with other poster on this) and certain attuned observers ( perhaps in their relaxed state of perception ). are able to see them. Otherwise, how come in group only few can see them !!

Hope you have seen these bright while darts earlier like others on this post.

My two cents.

Strange,

Neils Bohr theorized that quantum particles exist as waves that might be anywhere (multiverses) until the wave function is collapsed.

Experimental observations at quantum level change our assumptions about reality as we see that quantum particles are not always particles and sometimes exist as pure energy, that some kind of invisible connection exists between entangled quantum particles so they move together simultaneously with non-local spooky action at a distance , that simply by observing and experiment we are affecting it and that unlike classical physics -read preconceived notions :) - , quantum behavior can only ever be predicted by probabilities.

It is basically the observer changes the behavior of energy particles observed. I guess this makes them intelligent including the light energy particles ( Albert Einstien theorized that light is actually composed of light energy particles ) we observe in the sky.

Little bit of digression from the posted topic but hope it helps. Wiki has a lot of details about - String Theory, multi-verse , quantum physics theory coming up .

Neils Bohr theorized that quantum particles exist as waves that might be anywhere (multiverses) until the wave function is collapsed.

Experimental observations at quantum level change our assumptions about reality as we see that quantum particles are not always particles and sometimes exist as pure energy, that some kind of invisible connection exists between entangled quantum particles so they move together simultaneously with non-local spooky action at a distance , that simply by observing and experiment we are affecting it and that unlike classical physics -read preconceived notions :) - , quantum behavior can only ever be predicted by probabilities.

A bit confused, but basically OK.

It is basically the observer changes the behavior of energy particles observed. I guess this makes them intelligent including the light energy particles ( Albert Einstien theorized that light is actually composed of light energy particles ) we observe in the sky.

In quantum theory an "observer" is just a measurement. It has nothing to do with intelligence or consciousness.

Agreed "observer" is just a measurement in traditional quantum theory.Modern physicist interpret this little differently when multiverse (multi universe ) theories are included.

Also, consciousness (bio-physics) and energy (physics) are similar in nature. So these particles are somehow self-conscious in a limited way. Not saying that we influence what we see in the blue sky.

i will add my two cents here. first off, great conversation. so interesting. i believe we are talking about two different types of phenomenon: one is biological event strictly adhering to human anatomy - small, lit, sperm like, wagging tadpole-like organisms, swimming random perhaps within or on top of the sclera, for only a few seconds (literally), act as to 'reorganize themselves' to the center of vision, then disappear. this post over the course of nearly 8 years (2007) people have indicated similiar sights throughout their lives.

secondly, the 'quantum sparks on the horizon and above' i think is an altogether other phenomenon. years ago while in Boston, i read a book about a man/journalist/photographer back in the 70s had an unusual experience since the 1950's on up, photographing the dawn, earliest day break, near the horizon with infrared film, had captured theses 'space critters' which he acquainted to gigantic, ethereal 'amoebas' ....looking and acting like huge (1 mile in diameter) single celled creatures. very organic, primitive, yet existing. i cant for the life of me remember the author or title Grrrrr. but, its a great reference. anyway, perhaps what some people are witnessing in the sky are part of this world????

Well, the quantum white dart particles we see in the blue sky or a large horizon seems to be more of normal natural event (if nature is biological then it is biological event. ) as long we are attuned to it. Hope you are not saying they are white blood cells which i do not concur.

One will notice it more in forest area with snow capped mountain backdrop and less near urban developments. A little bit of physics digression I took to explain the quantum leap meaning.

Strange,

Little bit of digression from the posted topic but hope it helps. Wiki has a lot of details about - String Theory, multi-verse , quantum physics theory coming up .

fyi

Mmmmm .... that does not exactly explian the notion of 'quantum jump'. You have posted a not very well informed and slightly confussed 'round-up' of some aspect of quantum mechanics.

Edited by ajb

yeah..this is a later version taking multiverse (read multiple universe) as context. The multiverse makes this more confusing.

You are looking for information about classical quantum theory in universe context. Wikipedia has lot of information of classical quantum jumps

yeah..this is a later version taking multiverse (read multiple universe) as context. The multiverse makes this more confusing.

You are looking for information about classical quantum theory in universe context. Wikipedia has lot of information of classical quantum jumps

I'd rather you say something here - what do you mean by classical quantum theory?

Edited by ajb

not to interrupt your gents conversation BUT....i'll respond to DMW....i've been reading through some of the ideas, suggestions of what these 'darting light sperm-like, tadpole-like organism' may be. Many, many people, like myself, shared similiar sights.....mine happens to be typically INSIDE not outside, twilight light level (natural day light to evening to dark room with lamp on), i am in a resting state when i suddenly open my eyes and these small, lit, wagging tail organism dart/swim about. these are captured in my peripheral vision....these things 'swim' random, reactive to my lids opening, and make way toward the center of my vision which they then disappear. i get the sense these are not something outside in the atmoshere, exterior to my person but something 'on' (like i said..the sclera??)/ or, 'a part of' my body. i read the one explanation that it is 'white blood cells' with red blood cells collecting, which takes on the appearance of wagging tails. i dont believe that entirely....because, under a microscope these LOOK just like spermoza.....and egg-shaped 'head' which is illuminated and a thin, black short tail, attached to the rear of the 'head'...the tail (if i can remember) doesnt spiral but wiggle back and forth (like a tadpole in water) which then propels it 'forward'....blood cells do not act this way....not in the least. i am trying to remember now other factors which are present during these rare sightings....hmmmm, i think my mood & health are in good form, but a regular state of being....not happy, not sad....no extraordinary mood or life events.

Now, other folks here have reported seeing 'other things'....and there seems to be a collective commonality to these sightings outside, in nature, while viewing a panoramic scene (like the horizon, mountains, seascape, desert or fields....). I have never seen any objects in the sky (other than those nasty white planes dumping chemicals in the air, LOL...oh, wait a minute there was a rather unusual 'sky' event... winter 2015, upstate eastern NY, watching a sunny-lit 'plane' that suddenly disappeared from view, then left a strange, zig-zag type 'rainbow' of bright red, blue, green in clouds??? strange.) otherwise, no.

Dlarkin,

It is possible to see. Just do not focus on horizon or the blue sky while gazing. What we normally do is focus our attention in the sky . While gazing (try not to blink/wink your eye ) the horizon, draw your attention away (un-focus) towards yourself for 1-2 minutes as if you are not paying attention to the sky or horizon. You may have to try few different panoramic scene e.g. mountain with snow, forest near snow , horizon near seashore etc. They are easily visible there.

I concur that these may not be white blood cells in front of viewer's eyes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Interesting comments on an interesting and rather rare topic (although I think there's actually various phenomena discussed here..). For those of you that say the white cell theory makes sense and those that say it comes from a few dead cells we must be talking about something different, namely some minor eyesight disfunction; because I see thousands of these sparks at a time (if not millions honestly) and that doesn't seem to fit the theory does it? Moreover I don't see that blue or even an external source of light makes a difference, I see them just as well in a dark room with my eyes closed. My phenomenon doesn't seem to be moving in patterns, my heartbeat seems not to influence it, it just twinkles constantly like stars really. It looks a bit like a night sky with less dark space, or maybe like the networks of neurons in the brain, somehow it feels to me as if infused with data... :S it's very beautiful in any case :) Like many of you unfocusing from any particular object and generally emptying my mind from specific thoughts makes them appear. I intuit this phenomenon is seeing the fabric of life, what the Vedas call the Brahman, the Ultimate Reality, source of the material world, made of light and void. After all isn't it a fact that energy is everywhere around us, dear scientists, and that the material world transmits data? Dismissing mystic experience from scientific enquiry was a wrong that needs righting, obviously that's my view :)

Regards,

TRWS

Interesting topic

I personally see little transparent "cells" when light is intense, it's like i'm in an aquarium, but I never really cared about those, always thought it was some kind of normal "dirt" in my eyes...

The reason I'm here is to bring new information about the "darting specks of light" thing, I've had them from around 25 to 35, and I practically totally stopped them appearing, willingly, simply by being careful to notice when they do happen (I had to stop them because nobody knew what I was talking about and I started believing my brain cells were dying abnormally, and i'd end-up doing dementia or something, which is probably a wrong assumption, but you never know...)

I would say they appear (for me) when I quickly pass from a high concentration-minimal breathing, state, to a high effort (can be mental) state, the trick is to be aware of it, like unconsciously, and that's all. Nothing really changed in my life for preventing them, i still jump from my computer to run at the tea I forgot on the stove, but jumping from my computer to take a solid shit is a no-go, I must be aware the specks will happen, then my body attitude will "magically" adjust itself to prevent them, i think the trick is some mental clue to the heart along with normal breathing. Strange isn't it? Probably it got something to do with blood pressure.

It took me a lot of trial and error to find-out how to stop them appearing, but I passed from once a day to once every 2-3 months, high intensity and duration to low intensity and duration.

• 11 months later...