Is there a WormHole equation?

zeon23445

I won't be able to actually answer the question, but perhaps that still helps: The only time I encountered wormholes was in the context of black holes (and a brief glance at Wikipedia tells me this is indeed at least the historical way): If you extend the Schwarzschild solution (-> math. expression) to Kruskal Coordinates (-> math. expression) then the Schwarzschild scenario extends from an exterior and a black hole region to (1) an exterior, (2) a black hole region, (3) a white hole region and (4) another exterior. The idea now is that (4) is not new but the same spacetime. Furthermore, there is a contact point between (1) and (4) which is assumed to be different point of spacetime in both cases - i.e. if you could go through that contact point you'd have found a shortcut or even a sort of time-travel. Problem is that this single point does not allow anything to pass through (not exactly sure why but I believe that (a) single points mean zero connection interface and (b) an object approaching the connection disturbs spacetime such that the connection breaks down). To make widen this connection point and allow passage, one can play to add matter with exotic properties. But there is a lot of hocus pocus involved in the whole issue.

Short version: I cannot answer the question. But (a) the notion of "a wormhole equation" sounds a bit naive, and (b) my suggestion is to start at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kruskal%E2%80%93Szekeres_coordinates

There are exact solutions to the Einstein field equations describing wormholes, if that is what you are asking?

The simplest of which is the Morris-Thorne solution [1].

You can also discuss geodesics in this geometry. Interestingly, analytic solutions exists in terms of elliptic integral functions. This I imagine is due to the symetrical symmetry and static nature of the geometry.

Reference
[1] M. S. Morris and K. S. Thorne, "Wormholes in Spacetime and Their Use for Interstellar Travel: A Tool for Teaching General Relativity," American Journal of Physics, 56(5), 1988 pp. 395–412.

I think the equations are missing the electromagnetic stability issue. Mass Xs the speed of light = electromagnetic field strength 1 e 2Xs the speed of light 2e, and so on.thus we can ascertain the appropriate time variable .When a black hole forms it punches a hole in time and space this hole is maintained until it loses its ability to maintain its gravitational field. The wormhole is most likely filled with super ionized plasma ie white plasma I think it's the electromagnetic strength of that plasma that maintains the wormholes opening. When no matter enters a black hole there is no matter to turn into plasma, at this point a black hole tunnel collapses under extreme gravitational forces. This violent collapse could be what causes a white hole to form at some extraordinary distance from the black hole, black hole 10 to 1000 Xs the speed of light = distance to white hole opening.Maybe if we could measure the number of spaghettification lines at a certain distance from a black hole we might be able to ascertain a way to calculate the speed of light variable and thus ascertain the exact distance to opening , a as corresponding with spaghettification lines within a galactic black hole . So. yes there are wormhole equations but they don't work. It's probably because there isn't any sure way to calculate wormhole lengths or velocities. The white hole is in a positive magnetic polarity while the black hole is negative this creates a type of electrical flow between the respective white and black hole.

Edited by PureGenius