Guest Ritchy

Quick Forum Questions

Can you try copy/pasting using a different browser? Looking around seems like different plugins are the most common cause of problems.

Trying toggle...Trying toggle Voila! Pasting works from copy. Trying a link...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain Well, that pasted but will check after Post-ing to see if it displays as a link. I see with the toggle down I lose all editor functions such as emoticons and inserting images though. That's not good. Will check if I can quote.

As to browser I have IE. Since it works everywhere else this must be a problem specific to this forum. I have no plans to add another browser. If the admins can't fix the problem so be it. I'll make do without the quotes and type out whatever I have to.

The reason I suggested that is because the editor functions on the current version of forum software sucks total ass. I choose to circumvent it entirely after far too many frustrations and problems with it and have since used only the code-based interface as my primary.

Regardless (and while obviously not ideal)...At least now you have a workaround. You can always toggle to the code based editor, paste your text, then toggle back to the standard interface.

• Upvote 2

The reason I suggested that is because the editor functions on the current version of forum software sucks total ass. I choose to circumvent it entirely after far too many frustrations and problems with it and have since used only the code-based interface as my primary.

Regardless (and while obviously not ideal)...At least now you have a workaround. You can always toggle to the code based editor, paste your text, then toggle back to the standard interface.

OK Quote works with toggle down. Switching back after quote I can bold and italic. Yep; can work around the rest I think. Thanks.

Since IE10 I've found IE to be quite the PITA and coupled with the intermittent but persistent quirks with the current forum software I've given up on it.

Just curious do other people see the "edit by" line at the bottom of a post after you edit it?

I have been wondering if there is a time limit on editing as well or if it is just until another poster responds.

You mean, like this?

Edited by iNow, 11 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

If so, then yes.

EDIT: It's added after you make it, and is unrelated to the time limit available for edits. There is, however, also a time limit. I think it's about 4 hours or maybe 12, but one of the staff can confirm.

Edited by iNow

Sometimes posts have appeared to change without the line appearing. I've never not seen it on mine, but don't always see it on others.

Edited by imatfaal
Mods can edit others posts and will almost always explain why here

Sometimes posts have appeared to change without the line appearing. I've never not seen it on mine, but don't always see it on others.

There is a little check box at the bottom of the data entry panel. It reads "Reason for edit: <Here is where you put your reason> "and then the check box with Show "Edit by" line

Edited by imatfaal
Ta Dah!

I just noticed a left arror <- on the left hand side of Forum Topics, where the dot, star, and lock icons appear. What does the arrow maen? Thanks.

It means that the thread has been moved to another subforum by the Moderators. If you let your mouse pointer hover over the arrow it says: "This topic has been moved" and if you click on the thread you will automatically get directed to its new location.

• Upvote 1