Quick Forum Questions

Guest Ritchy

how bizzare... i was just on my way to ask a similar thing.

how do you attach images?

i get the image tags... simply type in url of image ; so, for example, right click on the SFN icon and select 'copy image location'

now, paste the 'image location' in a post to get

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/images/misc/vbulletin3_logo_white.gif

now, whack that address inbetween the img tags, eg:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/images/misc/vbulletin3_logo_white.gif[/img]

to get

vbulletin3_logo_white.gif

but how do we attach images (ie, show images which arent on the web and so dont have a web url?

but how do we attach images (ie' date=' show images which arent on the web and so dont have a web url?[/quote']

Upload the image and wrap p><p>nowhttp://www.scienceforums.net/forums/images/misc/vbulletin3_logo_white.gif' alt='vbulletin3_logo_white.gif'>

to get

vbulletin3_logo_white.gif

Now I'm confused. How did you manage to create the example, without displaying the image? :confused:

Are you some sort of web based warlock?

x1pFv1qNu5qoEnKpBJ07kvS-X62LoJDymjqQ_4j1U4-XsSgCkaxT6B5mYjWrvfL_W2jY6YH4IiXo8QTvNwD3vR2ALBZYH9ebn3rtEwW64I3CwZ-RPalMpBKEFq81dh9khWRMuUpKYwzxzIVOt8G3cmtog

ok, my friend told me a longgggggggggggggg way to attach your own images (that doesn't have a url address)

you have put your image on a web basically, you need your msn messenger to do this.

1. sign in to msn messenger, click on my space, fill out the form, so now you have your own website

2. now click add entry, a new page will appear, at the bottom left corner click add photos

3.if you can't find where is add entry, then go back to home and click edit your space, this way you'll see add entry for sure

4. now after you clicked add photos, just find your file/image and look on the left upper corner, there's a little box for each file, click on it, a check mark will appear

5. click upload now (right upper corner of the page), now click publish entry, click preview my space (right upper corner)

6. now you just click on the picture and a new page will appear, your picture is on a url adress now!

attachment.php?attachmentid=810&stc=1

(crying) i ca-ha-hant doooooooo it (boo-hoo) :-(:-(:-(can someone help me please

Now I'm confused. How did you manage to create the example' date=' without displaying the image?

Are you some sort of web based warlock?[/quote']Nope (see above web-related failure).

Instead of the actual [ button, I type the ASCII charector for [ (which is &#91; ), and that way it looks the same but doesnt get parsed as a tag.

so

&#91;quote=dak]this is how you quote &#91;/quote]

gets parsed as

this is how you quote

but not

this is how you quote

btw, if you open up the window to edit it (or if you preview your post before submitting it) the ASCII charectors get changed back to normal ones and the tags get parsed as normal.

hi.PNG

YAY!!! i appear to have attached an image. w00t!

yay!

attachment.php?attachmentid=810&stc=1

:):):):):):):):):):):):):) <-- happy dak!!!

i just cant use the tags to point to the attached image like i could for any other picture thats on the web, thats all. :confused::confused::confused:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would it be ok with the administrators if I put two links in my signature to a couple of traffic exchanges I own, and a brief description of them? I know most forums would allow this, but I just want to check with the administrators first.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not a huge fan of "rank" in forums, especially in one like this. It sends the message that those of lower "rank" don't know as much about science, or that their views are not as valid as someone with a higher rank. I've seen the system on many other forums, and I generaly disagree with it.

Here it is simply an indication of how involved a member is in the science discussions. Posts in non-science forums do not contribute to rank, so you cannot bump it up by posting dozens of "lol" posts in (for example) general discussions.

• 2 months later...

The beta is so weird. I don't remember ever using it before. Anyway, how do I edit a post?

Oh, well there it is. I wasn't able to use that button in the announcements thread...

o.O And now my post that was there is gone...

• 5 months later...