Where do I find the experimental tests of the "Law of Conservation of Energy"?

Windevoid

I'm looking at JSTOR, but I'm not getting anything except a bunch of math papers. I remember that the tests of relativity were easily searchable on places like Wikipedia, but Wikipedia doesn't mention a list of tests for the Law of Conservation of Energy.

So where can I find, say, a list of tests in a version I understand and know they are experimental tests, and get a feel for how many there are?

Doesn't look like very many experiments as of this point in the thread. And the ones that are there don't seem to be very rigorous.

They go unnamed not because there are so few, but because there are too many.

Conservation of energy is such a basic and fundamental element of physics that it affects nearly every dynamic, thermodynamic, and quantum mechanic problem there could be. If it were wrong then we would get the wrong answers for nearly everything... the velocity of a cannonball -- the photoelectric effect -- the energy needed to compose or decompose molecules -- how much more pizza can I expect to eat without loosening my belt another notch?

In exactly the same way that general relativity predicts the perihelion precession of mercury, conservation of energy predicts the moon's recession rate

Well, I don't know about that, every source I read, online, and offline calorie counts on nutrition labels, says that I should need over 2000 calories, I weigh like 185 pounds, so it's not like I live efficiently, and that's the sedentary count. I'm not sedentary.

And almost all days, I only eat between 500 and 1400 calories. Recently these past two weeks, it's been about 700 calories a day.

Assuming the calorie count you give is correct (and I doubt it- do you really weigh everything you eat?) then all you would have shown was that people's thermodynamic efficiencies are rather variable.

We already know that so it's pretty pointless to restate it.

The experiments were done so long ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Prescott_Joule#The_mechanical_equivalent_of_heat

that there's little point in revisiting them.

There are instructions on-line for repeating the experiments as a school demonstration.

http://depts.gpc.edu/~claphast/PHYS2212L/ElectEquiv.pdf

perhaps you should do the experiments yourself rather than asserting, without any evidence, that they don't work.

In my tests of parallel circuitry just now, with 12 resistors, it seems that each resistor in parallel with each other resistor in the circuit was having the exact same amps as the input amperage, so I suppose it's like 2 amps in with 24 amps useable.

And a resistor LED measured at 150 kohms

lit up, parallel with 11 resistors with resistances between 100 ohms and 8 kohms.

It's as if the very resistance itself was being negated as a concept in this circuit.

Volts seem have the same effect.

In my tests of parallel circuitry just now, with 12 resistors, it seems that each resistor in parallel with each other resistor in the circuit was having the exact same amps as the input amperage

Can you explain how you determined this.

And a resistor LED measured at 150 kohms

I'm not sure what you mean by "a resistor LED" but you can't measure the resistance of an LED with a meter. It has a non-linear voltage-current relationship (i.e. it is not a resistor) and so the measured resistance will depend on the voltage.

lit up, parallel with 11 resistors with resistances between 100 ohms and 8 kohms.

As long as there is still sufficient voltage across the diode, it will light up. You don't provide enough detail of your set up to comment any further.

It's as if the very resistance itself was being negated as a concept in this circuit.

It sounds more like you don't fully understand what is happening.