Physics

goodyhi11

people I really worked hard in the course of physics but I still get a B for the semester. I felt depressed. I don't have any motivation to go on and study, and I'm tired of not to accomplish anything. do any of you have any suggestions on what to do? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Remember two things:

1) A B isn't necessarily a bad grade

2) Grades don't necesarily reflect learning. They more accurately reflect effort. Though it's a good indication, a B in no way means that you will have to get a B on the final (or whatever). If you look back over the material, you can probably make up for the little things you missed and get an A by the end. I would say if you put that extra effort into building the foundational stuff you missed first semester, second semester will incorporate and elabortate on it, just further reinforcing it. By the end of the year, you should easily be able to catch up.

people I really worked hard in the course of physics but I still get a B for the semester. I felt depressed. I don't have any motivation to on and study, and I'm tired of not accomplish anything. do any of you have any suggestions on what to do? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

its probably because your bored with the work. learn something more interesting, at least so the teacher knows your capable. These days, refereances are more important than grades.

hey thank you jordan for your good advice. I think that's what i needed the most.

ed84c I don't think I am bored with the work, it's quite the opposite I didn't get enough fundation of physics and try to clime up too high. But thanks for your advice.

2) Grades don't necesarily reflect learning. They more accurately reflect effort.

I disagree. They more accurately reflect your ability to do well on tests (or other assignments), which is, in part, due to learning.

I've seen students breeze through classes with little to no effort and get good grades, and some put forth a lot of effort and do horribly. Some students don't test well. Others only think that's the problem.

I disagree. They more accurately reflect your ability to do well on tests (or other assignments), which is, in part, due to learning.

Most of my classes at my school only count tests as 20% of the grade. The rest of the grade is due to things such as class participation, homework, classwork, etc. I definitely think your grades are more representative of your work ethic and not your intelligence.

I disagree. They more accurately reflect your ability to do well on tests (or other assignments)' date=' which is, in part, due to learning.

I've seen students breeze through classes with little to no effort and get good grades, and some put forth a lot of effort and do horribly. Some students don't test well. Others only think that's the problem.[/quote']

Well, I have some pretty low grades (in some classes), but most of that is because I either forget to do the homework, or I forget to turn it in.

Most of my classes at my school only count tests as 20% of the grade. The rest of the grade is due to things such as class participation, homework, classwork, etc. I definitely think your grades are more representative of your work ethic and not your intelligence.

My experience was different. That sounds more like High School. For me, in college it was almost all exam results. No graded HW - no professor had the time. For classes with labs, the lab reports counted for some, but there was no other gradeable work for science and math classes.

In grad school there were graded problem sets, but not for the undergrads.