MOney is more important than love..

gwiyomi17

Hi,

first of all I don't know where should I post this. .sorry..but this is really important.(this is not a homework)

I will have a debate next week and this will be my topic...

I already have ideas but I need more..

Something which will show that money is important than love

I just want to know what do you think about this.. THanks for sharing!

Note: This doesn't mean I'm against love ok...happy.png

I could argue this either way, but it really comes down to what you're defining "important" to be. Important to my continued survival? Important to my happiness? Important to my state of health? Important to the existence of human civilization? Important to the stability of a marriage? Important to your enjoyment of a trip to Las Vegas?

Really, this debate topic comes down to finding some issue that you think is important and which money clearly has an upper hand in, and then framing your argument around that. Love without money doesn't feed starving children in Africa or build schools for girls in oppressive societies or any number of important issues that people would view positively.

When people say "Love is more important than money" they generally mean for their personal happiness. You could probably find a good deal of evidence that this isn't necessarily true, but it's a romantic notion that most people want to believe on some level, and that makes arguing against it, even with solid evidence, somewhat difficult.

The easiest way around that is to reframe the question as far as what money vs love is important to so that it's something generally considered important and that solid evidence can be presented for money being critical to it, but that doesn't require people to re-examine the preconceived notions we've all been fed a steady diet of by entertainment media and popular wisdom for our entire lives.

so it means love is still more imporatnt than money....

how can I be able to defend money if love always win???

Delta and phi.explained it well. Assume you have married someone for love, and tragedy makes you homeless. Your family becomes I'll and you do not have money for doctors and medicine. You must struggle to get food clothing, shelter, and medical help, which causes stress and your marriage fails. You should be able to find stastics about how many marriages break up because of money problems.

In addition, stastics should be available about poverty and longevity.

Don't forget to prepare as if you would debate the other side of the argument. You need to reply to your opponent's points, as well as make your points. And, you need to rebut your opponent's rebuttals.

Money is important for survival. Once a person is safe and healthy, love is more important.

I was completely skint when I started dating the daughter of a multi-millionaire. So I bring question to your hypothesis ;)