The current geopolitical brought down the Gold price

The Gold price has lost more than 22% in only three months (April_2013) And more than 2% on this Friday.

Yet it is the absolute safe haven.

But it's not the absolute safe haven. That some people think it is should be sufficient to explain this behavior.

When anything is monetized it is subjected to the opposing forces of greed and fear. You are probably seeing some investors taking some of their profit in gold to invest in the strengthening economy. We may see gold continue to fall as investors move aggressively (Greed) into real estate or other markets. They may come running back to gold if China continues to weaken. Can the gold market support a billion Chinese running from a falling yuan? They may exchange for U.S. dollars instead (fear). Nobody knows, that's the beauty of speculation.

Edited by arc

not true at all.

Are you saying there is someone who can see into the future? Or someone that controls the market and is fooling everyone? Or? Please explain.

Do you mean it is the terror of speculation.evil.gif

Yes. Nothing ventured nothing gained. No risk no reward. My favorite disclaimer was one I heard on a T.V. pitch to get people to risk their assets in the commodities market. "You may lose some, all or more than you investment" That must have been a hell of a ride for those poor suckers. I have been told that it is not for the novice. Better odds in Vegas.

Are you saying there is someone who can see into the future? Or someone that controls the market and is fooling everyone? Or? Please explain.

Yes. Nothing ventured nothing gained. No risk no reward. My favorite disclaimer was one I heard on a T.V. pitch to get people to risk their assets in the commodities market. "You may lose some, all or more than you investment" That must have been a hell of a ride for those poor suckers. I have been told that it is not for the novice. Better odds in Vegas.

it might help if you actually got in the trenches , or at lease study something about it.

it might help if you actually got in the trenches , or at lease study something about it.

Details please. Give me the Krash course. smile.png

But really, should someone with over 30 negative reps. be lecturing someone else about knowing the subject their posting on.

Edited by arc

Details please. Give me the Krash course. smile.png

But really, should someone with over 30 negative reps. be lecturing someone else about knowing the subject their posting on.

well, for one,

these ridiculous points,

have nothing to do with knowledge at all,

they are all bias based only.nothing more

and irrelevant and meaningless to anything but this site, if that.

and second,

i found the time in my life to become a series 7(research that)

and i also have been in the trenches for a while.

i guess you can say it's my second profession.

Edited by krash661

well, for one,

these ridiculous points,

Krash, they are to some of us important. For me they have slowed my tempo, they make me think more carefully. I am one that likes to take the losing side of an argument occasionally for fun, if I can at least fight a good fight and not get a neg rep It feels like a win.smile.png If this annoys you, can you imagine the unappreciated control the experts here exhibit in silence (and sometimes not) when us novice's comment in fields we know little about. The reps do help in that regard, they keep many of us from making this site unpleasant for the rest.

i found the time in my life to become a series 7(research that)

and i also have been in the trenches for a while.

i guess you can say it's my second profession.

Your are correct, I know little about these things except what I here on NPR and occasionally read. It is probably biased in that it is usually about someone who had a bad experience. I also did not clarify that my reference included futures markets and not just the purchase and holding for gains (or losses). But I stand by my not for the novice comment.

Series 7, that sound interesting, what is it? arc

Krash, they are to some of us important. For me they have slowed my tempo, they make me think more carefully. I am one that likes to take the losing side of an argument occasionally for fun, if I can at least fight a good fight and not get a neg rep It feels like a win.smile.png If this annoys you, can you imagine the unappreciated control the experts here exhibit in silence (and sometimes not) when us novice's comment in fields we know little about. The reps do help in that regard, they keep many of us from making this site unpleasant for the rest.

these ridiculous points,

all in all, i'm starting to become non interested in this site because of this bias.

Your are correct, I know little about these things except what I here on NPR and occasionally read. It is probably biased in that it is usually about someone who had a bad experience. I also did not clarify that my reference included futures markets and not just the purchase and holding for gains (or losses). But I stand by my not for the novice comment.

Series 7, that sound interesting, what is it? arc

like i had stated,

research it

beware of false knowledge, it is more dangerous than ignorance

-george bernard shaw

Edited by krash661

these ridiculous points,

all in all, i'm starting to become non interested in this site because of this bias.

like i had stated,

research it

beware of false knowledge, it is more dangerous than ignorance

-george bernard shaw

You should not criticize someone's comments from a position of self declared expertise of the subject and then refuse to share that expertise. This site would not function if people continually deferred to "go look it up". It is your responsibility to back up your assertions. arc

The Gold price has lost more than 22% in only three months (April_2013) And more than 2% on this Friday.

Others have already clarified for you that gold was seeing bubble level growth, and that this is a correction... that it was never a "safe haven," just a safe-ER haven given the conditions we were seeing throughout the economy. Those global economic conditions are finally shifting, and hence so too is the price people are willing to pay for a shiny rock.

I'll just add to those points that this decrease in gold prices is a sign that the economy is recovering overall, that investors and business people alike are more comfortable with the growth trends we're seeing relative to the last several years. It's a sign that we're finally once again investing in innovation and starting to feel better about taking risks with our assets. It's a sign that the foundation below us is becoming healthy once again and that no longer does the best choice seem to be hiding parking our money unused under the mattress into glittery pieces of extracted metal.

This is a good thing due to what it represents for the larger economy and employment picture. It is NOT a bad thing for anyone except those who put too much of their money into gold thinking it was an unbeatable strategy.

Edited by iNow

You should not criticize someone's comments from a position of self declared expertise of the subject and then refuse to share that expertise. This site would not function if people continually deferred to "go look it up". It is your responsibility to back up your assertions. arc

lol

Edited by krash661

lol

Like all your others above in this thread, that was a REALLY solid argument, krash. Thanks for taking the time to convert me to your side of the issue with such a logical and academic exposition of your thoughts on the topic. Whenever I see "Lol," I truly know the argument has been won. Well played, sir!

Edited by iNow

Like all your others above in this thread, that was a REALLY solid argument, krash. Thanks for taking the time to convert me to your side of the issue with such a logical and academic exposition of your thoughts on the topic. Whenever I see "Lol," I truly know the argument has been won. Well played, sir!

there's nothing to argue about,

simple.

i do not need to convince anyone.

i'm done giving accurate, correct knowledge

and then receiving negative points.

it's that simple.

there's no need for me to help anyone here.

i do not need to convince anyone.

i'm done giving accurate, correct knowledge

I'm pretty sure you never actually started giving correct information, but whatever. I'm glad to hear this tangential nonsense is done and we can focus on the topic once again.