If you had to choose only ONE song...

Externet

Which song would have the best MELODY, the most preferred, top favorite of all times, pleasant, moving, unforgettable, masterpiece, with all the fulfilling attributes to your personal taste ?

-On any language from any epoch-

If a link is provided, fine.

This link is about melody, not interpreter---->

or

Your turn...

Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen; performed by Jeff Buckley. Hackneyed choice - but it always crops up in these polls for a good reason.

Mozambique - Bob Dylan. Perfect holiday music - in fact the album Desire is nearly always the first thing I play whenever I hit a beach or summer walk.

Whilst I was using itunes my most played tracks were Aretha Franklin "I say a little prayer", REM "Radio Free Europe", Nils Lofgren "Keith don't go", Joy Division "Love will tear us apart"

Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen; performed by Jeff Buckley. Hackneyed choice - but it always crops up in these polls for a good reason.

Mozambique - Bob Dylan. Perfect holiday music - in fact the album Desire is nearly always the first thing I play whenever I hit a beach or summer walk.

Whilst I was using itunes my most played tracks were Aretha Franklin "I say a little prayer", REM "Radio Free Europe", Nils Lofgren "Keith don't go", Joy Division "Love will tear us apart"

wow those are some good choices (halleiujah is epic). How about VICTORIA by KRYPTERIA and I MAY HATE YOU SOMETIMES by THE POSIES

My favourite song has to be ‘Dazed and confused’ by Led Zeppelin any live version really, however, the definitive has to be the, almost, 29 minute epic on the album ‘The song remains the same’. Though if the rules were to be loose enough to allow an album then a very close winner would be ‘Animals’ by Pink Floyd; just edging out ‘Dark side of the moon’ and ‘The wall’ with ‘Physical graffiti’ coming a close fourth.

wow those are some good choices (halleiujah is epic). How about VICTORIA by KRYPTERIA and I MAY HATE YOU SOMETIMES by THE POSIES

Will give Victoria a listen - I like rather than love the Posies.

My favourite song has to be ‘Dazed and confused’ by Led Zeppelin any live version really, however, the definitive has to be the, almost, 29 minute epic on the album ‘The song remains the same’. Though if the rules were to be loose enough to allow an album then a very close winner would be ‘Animals’ by Pink Floyd; just edging out ‘Dark side of the moon’ and ‘The wall’ with ‘Physical graffiti’ coming a close fourth.

Those live tracks tend to dull my brain - have you ever heard the Jake Homes version (original) or Jimmy Pages version whilst he was with Yardbirds (both are around - but tend to be hard to find cos the LZ version is so well known and there are about 20 different versions). I find Floyd just a little too much - but still great music. Please tell me you don't listen to that stuff on your bike - my one regret about two wheel transport is no tunes!

“Please tell me you don't listen to that stuff on your bike - my one regret about two wheel transport is no tunes!”

LOL, no, though being relatively mellow tunes they may have slowed me a tad, listening to ‘rage against the machine’ whilst on a sports bike is, absolutely, not to be recommended, but if it’s tunes and two wheeled transport you want, how about a ‘Honda Goldwing’?

Edit/ I think, I’ve listened to every recorded note of Jimmy Page (my musical hero), so yes I have heard the ‘Yard Birds’ version, I still stand by my original statement.

Edited by dimreepr

“Please tell me you don't listen to that stuff on your bike - my one regret about two wheel transport is no tunes!”

LOL, no, though being relatively mellow tunes they may have slowed me a tad, listening to ‘rage against the machine’ whilst on a sports bike is, absolutely, not to be recommended, but if it’s tunes and two wheeled transport you want, how about a ‘Honda Goldwing’?

My sort of two-wheel fury is the self-propelled kind - so rage against the machine might get me fitter and faster, but also run over! I find myself whistling, humming, and singing to make up for the lack of proper music. What is worse is my subconscious chooses exactly the wrong songs - I often find myself singing the flip side to Queen's Bicycle Race - Fat Bottomed Girls - when I am behind a large lady on a bike; the mental cues all make perfect sense - but still very embarrassing.

Edit/ I think, I’ve listened to every recorded note of Jimmy Page (my musical hero), so yes I have heard the ‘Yard Birds’ version, I still stand by my original statement.

Damn - it never ceases to amaze me how good the internet is for stuff like this

My sort of two-wheel fury is the self-propelled kind - so rage against the machine might get me fitter and faster, but also run over! I find myself whistling, humming, and singing to make up for the lack of proper music. What is worse is my subconscious chooses exactly the wrong songs - I often find myself singing the flip side to Queen's Bicycle Race - Fat Bottomed Girls - when I am behind a large lady on a bike; the mental cues all make perfect sense - but still very embarrassing.

queen huh? well to be honest your subconscious choose a good song. not bad, not bad at all

• 2 weeks later...