Is Planet Earth 2 worlds in one of "Simultaneous" Seasons.

"Simultaneous" seasons on earth rather they be winter or summer always have been regarded as having some type of significance rather this be by religion and or astronomical observation via the North Pole Star Polaris marking new eras ie " circles and cycles" on this planet for decades.

Depending on what " region" ie location you live on earth, the observation is physically evident as either being winter or summer respectfully speaking.

To add

As per recorded history a year equaling a full orbital path of earth's motion around the sun coupled with the "Winter Solstice Alignments" significantly proves that earth as a whole "system" in itself all share a single year ie calender year.

For example: When in the northern region of earth 10 days after the winter solstice of December 21 arrives the new year as January 1'st 2013 " new year for example.

But could this reasoning also hold true for Summer Solstice of June 21 for the southern region of earth both being spaced 1/2 apart as in 360/2 = 180 degrees?

If yes then that would not be a valid completion of earth's full orbit around the sun.

But I am not sure.

Looking further into "cycles and orbital paths" tells us that their should be separate years that represent these two " occurrences on planet earth as suggested by the physical seasons. However earth does share 1 year as in our current year of 2013 from what I understand about it.

Furthermore looking at gravity at the surface of earth as 9.8 / ms strongly suggest that gravity as well must also hold two types of " systems" within itself that are yet linked to " precession" similar to how earth shares simultaneous seasons otherwise gravity would be an invalid universal constant.

One way of looking at this can be special relativity, however the speed of light is known to be "everywhere" so how then time and gravity have anything to do with simultaneously seasons on earth?

They too must be everywhere as the speed of light????

Its Bazaar to meohmy.png
Edited by Iwonderaboutthings

That was long and rambling, and perhaps dissembling.

If you are asking why it's wintertime in the Southern hemisphere when it's summertime in the Northern hemisphere, and vice versa, the answer is simple. It has nothing to do with gravity, nothing to do with the speed of light. The Earth's rotation axis and the Earth's orbital axis don't point in the same direction. The angle between those two directions 23.4 degrees. This axial tilt, or obliquity, is what drives the seasons. Right now it's summertime in the Northern hemisphere because the rotation axis is pointing somewhat toward the Sun. This makes the Northern hemisphere receive more sunlight than average. At the same time it makes the Southern hemisphere receive less sunlight than average. That's why it's wintertime right now in the Southern hemisphere. The situation will be reversed six months from now. Then it will be winter in the Northern hemisphere, summertime in the Southern.

If you're asking something else, be clear with regard to what you are asking.

If this is a setup for some personal theory, my advice is to not do that.

That was long and rambling, and perhaps dissembling.

If you are asking why it's wintertime in the Southern hemisphere when it's summertime in the Northern hemisphere, and vice versa, the answer is simple. It has nothing to do with gravity, nothing to do with the speed of light. The Earth's rotation axis and the Earth's orbital axis don't point in the same direction. The angle between those two directions 23.4 degrees. This axial tilt, or obliquity, is what drives the seasons. Right now it's summertime in the Northern hemisphere because the rotation axis is pointing somewhat toward the Sun. This makes the Northern hemisphere receive more sunlight than average. At the same time it makes the Southern hemisphere receive less sunlight than average. That's why it's wintertime right now in the Southern hemisphere. The situation will be reversed six months from now. Then it will be winter in the Northern hemisphere, summertime in the Southern.

If you're asking something else, be clear with regard to what you are asking.

If this is a setup for some personal theory, my advice is to not do that.

Axil tilts, Equator And Celestial Equator all sounds like "Cartesian Coordinates" used in Special Relativity, or Relativity in general but relative to what??? Earth has 2 seasons not 1. Why 1 year and not 2? Or alteast 1 1/2.

On another note, when I have a theory I will let the science community know about this as I know they are always quite excited about new discoveries. On another note: Please let the moderators do the warnings.

Now, you speak of sunlight and weather patterns, position of earth, axil tilt, celestial equator and etc.

This I already know.

But that does not explain fresh water glaciers, the auroras, northern lights the moon's tug on the oceans, the list goes on and on, not to mention the north pole and south pole having 0 gravity " I've read."

For example "Uranus" by meteorologist, is used to predict strong storm weather patterns here on planet earth. Why So?

I assumed the "sunlight" was what caused precession on this planet and hence " seasons" you speak of, but it appears there are other planets that do effect earth's "weather pattern" not " time pattern. I think this is what I should have stated.

But maybe weather and sunlight " time" are two separate "things" still not understood as with particle waves and electro magnetism. What I am seeing is this world has two types of systems 1/2 apart = winter solstice and summer solstice. This 1/2 deal shows up alot especially with QM.

December Winter marks 12 months = 1 year

June Summer = 6 months = 1/2 year

Technically Spring and Autumn have = amounts of sunlight so I guess theses spots are void of time??

The sun and the speed of light have some orders over time and we use time to calculate many things of which consequently remain everywhere as per QM and other respected areas of science.

But if that were the case then we should be seeing sunlight all the time with a constant weather pattern, but we don't.

What truly gets me however, is why earth has an = amount of +- electrons making earth a great semiconductor and reference point in space? Not sure about this but I have read over and over again from electrical engineering books and study.

Don't worry, it does not make sense to me either but i try...

Thanks

Axil tilts, Equator And Celestial Equator all sounds like "Cartesian Coordinates" used in Special Relativity, or Relativity in general but relative to what??? Earth has 2 seasons not 1. Why 1 year and not 2? Or alteast 1 1/2.

A year is an arbitrary period of time, which we made up to fit with the changing seasons. The changing seasons do not fit that way because we have a year.

Now, you speak of sunlight and weather patterns, position of earth, axil tilt, celestial equator and etc.

This I already know.

But that does not explain fresh water glaciers, the auroras, northern lights the moon's tug on the oceans, the list goes on and on, not to mention the north pole and south pole having 0 gravity " I've read."

It also doesn't explain photosynthesis, evolution, time dilation or where all the lost socks are. What's your point? You can't just say random things that something does not explain and point out those as showing there are holes in an explanation, when those things have little to nothing to do with the issue at hand.

I assumed the "sunlight" was what caused precession on this planet and hence " seasons" you speak of, but it appears there are other planets that do effect earth's "weather pattern" not " time pattern. I think this is what I should have stated.

Good thing you didn't, because you'd be wrong. Other planets have no effect on the weather here.

But maybe weather and sunlight " time" are two separate "things" still not understood as with particle waves and electro magnetism. What I am seeing is this world has two types of systems 1/2 apart = winter solstice and summer solstice. This 1/2 deal shows up alot especially with QM.

Weather and climate have nothing to do with QM.

!

Moderator Note

Moved to speculations as the initial questions seem to be seguing into a far-flung hypothesis.

On another note: DH is one of our community experts and is really worth listening to on physics in general and this subject area in particular.

!

Moderator Note

Moved to speculations as the initial questions seem to be seguing into a far-flung hypothesis.

On another note: DH is one of our community experts and is really worth listening to on physics in general and this subject area in particular.

I am sure DH is incredible, but I don't rather accept their comment of "That was long and rambling, and perhaps dissembling"

As something considered for me to listen to...

Thanks for the heads up.

A year is an arbitrary period of time, which we made up to fit with the changing seasons. The changing seasons do not fit that way because we have a year.

It also doesn't explain photosynthesis, evolution, time dilation or where all the lost socks are. What's your point? You can't just say random things that something does not explain and point out those as showing there are holes in an explanation, when those things have little to nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Good thing you didn't, because you'd be wrong. Other planets have no effect on the weather here.

Weather and climate have nothing to do with QM.

Recently it has been stated by NASA, that "every" planet in our solar system is somehow changing. IE heating up, becoming volcanic and etc. From what I gather some of these planets have no " precession"? I am not sure.

But I am curios though, if QM is not 100% understood, then how can anyone judge rather it is connected to weather systems or not?

From what I know, the quantum of action allows movement of all things in the universe, so I guess this question is a valid one.

I still have no facts, but I find seasons on earth to be very mystifying and intriguing to me. QM may have some answers due to its " waves" and relative reference points. But I often ask " relative to what?" I still don't know.

So science created a system, called it a year and now people all over the world conform their lives to this. Is this correct to ask?

There really is no point here, I am simply " wondering about things" and helping this forum grown with some topics.

But I am curios though, if QM is not 100% understood, then how can anyone judge rather it is connected to weather systems or not?

Mostly because QM works on a really really small scale, and weather and climate works on a relatively big one. Just because we don't fully understand something doesn't mean it's logical to connect it to anything we want.

Edit: changed wording.

Edited by pwagen

Mostly because QM works on a really really small scale, and weather and climate works on a relatively big one. Just because we don't fully understand something doesn't mean it's logical to connect it to anything we want.

Edit: changed wording.

True,
Well, I don't know how to ask this in proper terms, I will try.
I thought that QM and particles in general described things that we interact with.
Example: Double Slit. They say the electron changes when it is being watched "supposedly."
Would this mean then that the walls in my room know I am watching it????
Crazy enough, could weather change and or be controlled by someone watching it, IE like sorcery ??
Not being funny but it does cross one's mindohmy.png
I am thinking that matter to the atomic scale is no different at larger scales since earth is a mere speck in the outer universe, human beings smaller than earth, insects being smaller than people and etc.
"But" I may be wrong on this whom knows. I'm just thinking that " the quantum of action" allows this simultaneous instance of change for our seasons here on earth. True or false something does.
Their is the issue with gravity being 9.8 m/s on the earth's "surface." Not sure if that was the standard unit though.
The issue for me is what keeps atmospheric pressure contained " on earth " is it pressure coming from outer space??
Another example is how the sun seems to have no effect on earth's seasons due to the proximity of earth's orbit " oval like shape" around the sun.
Maybe what can explain this is gravity and how earth seems to orbit something rather constant other than the sun itself, and maybe this is basically outer space in general coupled with atmospheric pressure whom knows keeping everything tight on the surface of earth.
Also, many of NASA's videos on space "junk" found on you tube,reveal magnetic gaps at the north and south poles. I assume there is no gravity there? 0 degree centigrade?
I can't help to think that there is more to this world than we already know or maybe simply not looking at.

lol

seasonalvariations.jpg

Where is the orbit for the '''LEAP YEARS""" LOL tongue.png

I thought that QM and particles in general described things that we interact with.

Nobody sane uses quantum mechanics to describe everyday events at a macroscopic scale. Too many interactions, for one thing, and for another, quantum mechanics doesn't describe gravitation. QM is not used to describe the weather.

I am thinking that matter to the atomic scale is no different at larger scales since earth is a mere speck in the outer universe, human beings smaller than earth, insects being smaller than people and etc.

The quantum world is very different from what we see at larger scales.

Their is the issue with gravity being 9.8 m/s on the earth's "surface." Not sure if that was the standard unit though.

The issue for me is what keeps atmospheric pressure contained " on earth " is it pressure coming from outer space??

Gravity is what keeps the atmosphere bound to the Earth.

Another example is how the sun seems to have no effect on earth's seasons due to the proximity of earth's orbit " oval like shape" around the sun.

The Earth's orbit does have an effect on the seasons, but it's very tiny.

Also, many of NASA's videos on space "junk" found on you tube,reveal magnetic gaps at the north and south poles. I assume there is no gravity there? 0 degree centigrade?

No, no, and no. I don't know where you got this idea that there is no gravity at the Earth's poles. On the Earth's surface, gravity at the north pole is about half a percent higher than it is on the equator.

You are bouncing around from topic to topic in this thread. This makes it hard to respond in a coherent way. Use different threads to ask different questions.

Nobody sane uses quantum mechanics to describe everyday events at a macroscopic scale. Too many interactions, for one thing, and for another, quantum mechanics doesn't describe gravitation. QM is not used to describe the weather.

The quantum world is very different from what we see at larger scales.

Gravity is what keeps the atmosphere bound to the Earth.

The Earth's orbit does have an effect on the seasons, but it's very tiny.

No, no, and no. I don't know where you got this idea that there is no gravity at the Earth's poles. On the Earth's surface, gravity at the north pole is about half a percent higher than it is on the equator.

You are bouncing around from topic to topic in this thread. This makes it hard to respond in a coherent way. Use different threads to ask different questions.

Agreed.

However, I am not really a believer in QM per say, but why do so many people make a big deal out of this??

Quantum Gravity, Technology, Time Travel, Hyper Cubes... The list goes on and on...

Double slit experiment and the electron, very weird!

I am assuming these experiment are true?

Does matter know that it is being watched???

True,
Well, I don't know how to ask this in proper terms, I will try.
Example: Double Slit. They say the electron changes when it is being watched "supposedly."
Would this mean then that the walls in my room know I am watching it????
Crazy enough, could weather change and or be controlled by someone watching it, IE like sorcery ??
Not being funny but it does cross one's mindohmy.png
"But" I may be wrong on this whom knows. I'm just thinking that " the quantum of action" allows this simultaneous instance of change for our seasons here on earth. True or false something does.
Maybe what can explain this is gravity and how earth seems to orbit something rather constant other than the sun itself, and maybe this is basically outer space in general coupled with atmospheric pressure whom knows keeping everything tight on the surface of earth.
I can't help to think that there is more to this world than we already know or maybe simply not looking at.

lol

seasonalvariations.jpg

wink.png Where is the orbit for time dilation???

Leap year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_year

" Because seasons and astronomical events do not repeat in a whole number of days, a calendar that had the same number of days in each year would, over time, drift with respect to the event it was supposed to track. By occasionally inserting (or intercalating) an additional day or month into the year, the drift can be corrected. "

Where is the orbit for time dilation???

Time dilation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation

" In the theory of relativity, time dilation is an actual difference of elapsed time between two events as measured by observers either moving relative to each other or differently situated from gravitational masses.

An accurate clock at rest with respect to one observer may be measured to tick at a different rate when compared to a second observer's own equally accurate clocks. This effect arises neither from technical aspects of the clocks nor from the fact that signals need time to propagate, but from the nature of spacetime itself. "

Edited by krash661

Time dilation

" In the theory of relativity, time dilation is an actual difference of elapsed time between two events as measured by observers either moving relative to each other or differently situated from gravitational masses.

An accurate clock at rest with respect to one observer may be measured to tick at a different rate when compared to a second observer's own equally accurate clocks. This effect arises neither from technical aspects of the clocks nor from the fact that signals need time to propagate, but from the nature of spacetime itself. "

Except the observable, There's no time dilation which objects that do not have acceleration speed. This is the case of our solar system.

Except the observable, There's no time dilation which objects that do not have acceleration speed. This is the case of our solar system.

yes i know,

i was trying to be nice.

if you look at the post i quoted,

you will see that it's the poster's comment.

so i posted what time dilation is

so the poster can see and correct there comment.

Leap year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_year

" Because seasons and astronomical events do not repeat in a whole number of days, a calendar that had the same number of days in each year would, over time, drift with respect to the event it was supposed to track. By occasionally inserting (or intercalating) an additional day or month into the year, the drift can be corrected. "

Time dilation

Could pi ratio also be configured in this fashion??

The reason for me asking is because how pi ratio is used in trigonometry to help guide satellites to and from earth in outer space rather " guided through" other motion moving planets moons and etc.

Yes I kinda know what you may be thinking. But, pi ratio can be used as many scales including Quantum Atom Theory.

The reasoning behind this is because of translations, but of coarse this is a circle we are talking about in respect to its diameter.