Thread hijack - Reputation versus time

krash661

What's weird about it? The count of profile views is for the entire history of having your profile. Surely you wouldn't want the latest visitors list be equal to your profile views. I've got 11,627 profile views, which would make the visitors list needlessly long : )

well that would mean each visitor has viewed my profile 200-250 times each person.

to me that does not make sense.

edit-

i'm wondering if the views are from java script ( hover over name and short profile comes up)

and the visitors are the ones who actually clicked on your name to view your profile.

that to me makes sense and lines up with the numbers.

Edited by krash661

No... Your visitor list has been truncated to show a much smaller and more recent list of the people who viewed your profile.

you are not understanding,

i have been tracking this since the day i signed up here.,

i only have 27 people (including you) on the last visit list,

i have 4,150 views,

that would imply, what you state, that all visitors has visited my profile 208 times each visitor.

what i stated makes sense and lines up with numbers.

i have 4,150 views,

that would imply, what you state, that all visitors has visited my profile 208 times each visitor.

Where are you seeing a list of 27 people? This is getting off topic, but I can only show the last 5 visits to my profile as determined in my settings. I created a screen shot showing my settings page along with my 5 latest visitors. I cannot find a setting that allows me to view more than 5 of my last visitors.

post-51329-0-33598000-1372867497_thumb.png

As CaptainPanic stated earlier...

It's probably Google, Bing and a bunch of other search engines. They visit everything online frequently.

Out of interest, what do you hope to gain by tracking the number of (human) visitors to your profile ?

EDIT: That was in response to krash661

Edited by Royston

Where are you seeing a list of 27 people? This is getting off topic, but I can only show the last 5 visits to my profile as determined in my settings. I created a screen shot showing my settings page along with my 5 latest visitors. I cannot find a setting that allows me to view more than 5 of my last visitors.

attachicon.gifMySettings.png

you lack comprehension, or you do not fully read what i stated.

simple.

As CaptainPanic stated earlier...

Out of interest, what do you hope to gain by tracking the number of (human) visitors to your profile ?

EDIT: That was in response to krash661

nothing i was just curious after reading some of these post,

and was bored and joined conversation.

simple.

There is a third possibility. You aren't explaining yourself well enough to be understood. I also can't figure out where you could see 27 people on your Last Visit list.

Let's be civil. No need to make assumptions regarding my level of comprehension. I simply asked you a question about where you are seeing a list of the 27 people who visited your page last. I guess you are manually creating a list as new people visit your profile because I can't find a setting that allows me to view the last 27 people who viewed my profile. I assumed that you read the entire thread and realized that when non-members view your profile that they don't show up in the visitor list, but do count towards your profile views.

Edited by Daedalus

Let's be civil. No need to make assumptions regarding my level of comprehension. I simply asked you a question about where you are seeing a list of the 27 people who visited your page last. I guess you are manually creating a list as new people visit your profile because I can't find a setting that allows me to view the last 27 people to view my profile. I assumed that you read the entire thread and realized that when non-members view your profile that they don't show up in the visitor list, but do count towards your profile views.

talk about " assumptions ",

you assumed i was using the sites list.

and second, i clearly stated " i have been tracking this since the day i signed up here ",

before you posted,

" Where are you seeing a list of 27 people? This is getting off topic, but I can only show the last 5 visits to my profile as determined in my settings. I created a screen shot showing my settings page along with my 5 latest visitors. I cannot find a setting that allows me to view more than 5 of my last visitors. "

which leads to my other post.

simple.

I assumed that you read the entire thread and realized that when non-members view your profile that they don't show up in the visitor list, but do count towards your profile views.

yes, i did think about that,i do not run on auto pilot all day long.

i actually stop and think

i clearly stated " i have been tracking this since the day i signed up here ",

Well, that isn't clear at all. You left some ambiguity on how you were tracking the site, which lead to the confusion concerning your situation. Yes, I did make some assumptions as a result. However, none of them were insulting or meant as a derogatory statement regarding your comprehension. Perhaps, you should be more clear in your meaning as to avoid future conflict.

Edited by Daedalus

Well, that isn't clear at all. You left some ambiguity on how you were tracking the site, which lead to the confusion concerning your situation. Yes, I did make some assumptions as a result. However, none of them were insulting or meant as a derogatory statement regarding your comprehension. Perhaps, you should be more clear in your meaning as to avoid future conflict.

track·ing

track·ing [tráking]

n

1. following of trail: the act or process of following the trail of a person or animal

it was the auto pilot thinking that lead to assume i was looking at the list,

simple.

edit-

lol,

here comes the hilariously typical negative points.

lol always from bias,

like what katz and mice stated.

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/67349-why-is-there-a-reputation-system/?p=686629

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/67349-why-is-there-a-reputation-system/?p=686645

edit 2 -

lol got to love the low level/average minded.

lol when wrong and offended, just resort to negative points. smile.png

Edited by krash661

it's a matter of auto pilot thinking,

i said 27,

the first response was ,

how could that be, there's only 5 showing,

if anyone stopped to think, maybe they would have realized, there was another method,

so i clearly stated (civilly),

" i have been tracking this since the day i signed up here ",

since no one stopped to think this.

then the result was,

it appeared, no one knew what tracking meant.

(still on auto pilot thinking)

simple.

so i posted what it meant

then i received negative points,

because individuals did not understand,

simple, so when they realize they were wrong and offended from being wrong, the result was negative points,

like always.

lol it's as simple as individuals becoming offended of the " not understanding/comprehending " word,

which i find very funny, says a lot about an individuals mentality.

and there's a definition for it.

Edited by krash661

This is how the conversation went...

what is the difference from Profile Views and Latest Visitors ?

One is a count of the total number of times your user profile has been opened by someone. The other is a list of the last few people to do that.

hmm, kind of weird since my profile views are far more greater than visitors by the thousands.

but all in all , thanks.

Here, your statements suggest that you do not understand why profile views are greater than visitors. You make no mention of your method of tracking. So I am left with reiterating what iNow said:

What's weird about it? The count of profile views is for the entire history of having your profile. Surely you wouldn't want the latest visitors list be equal to your profile views. I've got 11,627 profile views, which would make the visitors list needlessly long : )

Although I tried to answer your question given the limited information you provided, I even included a smiley face to indicate I was exaggerating and not actually being serious.

well that would mean each visitor has viewed my profile 200-250 times each person.

edit-

i'm wondering if the views are from java script ( hover over name and short profile comes up)

and the visitors are the ones who actually clicked on your name to view your profile.

that to me makes sense and lines up with the numbers.

No... Your visitor list has been truncated to show a much smaller and more recent list of the people who viewed your profile.

Again, you do not mention anything regarding your actual thought process and how you've been tracking visitors. So we are left in the dark.

i have 4,150 views,

I'm not cherry picking these quotes. Here, you accuse me of not understanding without sharing your thought process, and it's all downhill from there. I'm not insulting you or directing derogatory statements towards you. I only gave you 1 negative rep point for your attitude and tone of voice. The rest you earned yourself. It is not I or anyone else who is being average minded or obscure in trying to answer your question. You can only have your questions answered if you provide enough information. This will be the last time I post regarding this as it has derailed and hijacked this thread!

Edited by Daedalus

This is how the conversation went...

Here, your statements suggest that you do not understand why profile views are greater than visitors. You make no mention of your method of tracking. So I am left with reiterating what iNow said:

Although I tried to answer your question given the limited information you provided, I even included a smiley face to indicate I was exaggerating and not actually being serious.

Again, you do not mention anything regarding your actual thought process and how you've been tracking visitors. So we are left in the dark.

I'm not cherry picking these quotes. Here, you accuse me of not understanding without sharing your thought process, and it's all downhill from there.

first, i know and understand the conversation, i actually read every post fully, and continue to read it until i know i understand it,

simple,

and second there were no other questions,

i said,

" hmm, kind of weird since my profile views are far more greater than visitors by the thousands.

but all in all , thanks. ',

it was your own mind and choice to think it was a question, then jumped in with your comment,

simple.

again, this is your own thought to something that never was,you interpreted your own thought to my words.

( again, another form of auto pilot thinking)

simple.

again,

there were no other questions,

it was your own mind and choice to think it was a question, then jumped in with your comment.

and also, what a nice attempt to talk your way out of it.

first, i haven't mentioned any tracking at all at this point

and second,

which is why i clearly stated (civilly),

" i have been tracking this since the day i signed up here ",

in the following post.

but you had no clue what tracking meant,or did not read the full post or something.

I'm not cherry picking these quotes. Here, you accuse me of not understanding without sharing your thought process, and it's all downhill from there.

yes,because you did not, which i had no problem with so i told about me tracking

.i wasn't or not the one who became offended of the words " do not understand ".then,

on top of that you still did not understand or stop to think about what tracking means,

simple.

Really? You thought it was weird. This is an open forum where anyone can participate. I simply asked you what was weird and provided you with my explanation. If you didn't want further clarification, then you could've taken a very different aproach to your replies, but you didn't.

Really? You thought it was weird. This is an open forum where anyone can participate. I simply asked you what was weird and provided you with my explanation. If you didn't want further clarification, then you could've taken a very different aproach to your replies, but you didn't.

unfortunately,

the word weird is not a question,

again, this is your own thought to something that never was,you interpreted your own thought to my words.

( again, another form of auto pilot thinking)

simple.

I simply asked you what was weird and provided you with my explanation.

and i responded with,

" well that would mean each visitor has viewed my profile 200-250 times each person.

edit-

that to me makes sense and lines up with the numbers. "

If you didn't want further clarification, then you could've taken a very different aproach to your replies, but you didn't.

again, i was not the one who does not understand what a question is,

then i gave you an answer that you again did not understand.

then became offended when i stated you did not understand.

simple,

the bottom line is,

you did not understand and became offended of it.

simple.

ridiculous,

trying to answer your question. You can only have your questions answered if you provide enough information.

again, there was no question,

it's you not understanding what a question is.

I only gave you 1 negative rep point for your attitude and tone of voice.

lol first, there is no voice, this is what's called typing,

second,

again,

there were no attitude or tone,

this is your own thought to something that never was,you interpreted your own thought to my words.

Edited by krash661

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.