quantum superconductivity

warped space

I've seen the quantum locking stuff and have a fairly moderate understanding of how it works but on the quantum level how does energy flow through a wire and a superconductor how exactly is it different

I'm asking this as in how does it flow on a quantum "level"

Superconductivity is still an open question, at least in some materials where the previous theory fails. Can the theories about resistivity be true if they fail to explain the absence of resistivity?

The honest answer should rather be: "this is still ignored".

Some mental models we have for metallic electrons must be grossly misleading, especially the electron gas. Metals' heat capacity would tell that few electrons are mobile, but Hall effect tells that many electrons move.

• 1 month later...

It seems to me that he got the last bit about 'levitation' wrong. Because if I take two magnets and try to place one on top of the other (like poles), the one on top will simply slide to the side and fall off. It is clear that the one on top not simply 'there' by the repulsion of two like poles, but rather it is 'locked' in position which is not a simple action of repulsion.

From what I understand what happens is that each quantum of magnetic field from the magnet is locked, grabbed or whatever word you like, by quantum tubes or tunnels of supercurrents in the superconductor.

It seems to me that he got the last bit about 'levitation' wrong. Because if I take two magnets and try to place one on top of the other (like poles), the one on top will simply slide to the side and fall off....

Yep - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earnshaw%27s_theorem

Its why you have to spin (or otherwise stabilise / constrain) those levitation executive toys like the levitron

Superconductivity is - as you mentioned - different.