Election 2008

MolecularMan14

I know it's a little early for this type of thing, but Im just wondering about your thoughts on the (US) Election in a few years.

Who do you think the front runners will be? What sort of issues do you think will be deciding? This will be the first election in which I'm allowed to vote, so you can imagine my interest. :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps no one will care about this in 2008 unless they have slid there, but I would like to see a focus on poverty in America. Maybe by the time Bush's second term is almost up and the gap between the haves and have-nots has widened, people will be of a mind to show some compassion.

dean obama '08

Obama Dean would be better...

I think a moderate republican not in the mainstream currently will come out of the woodwork. I think that will be appealing in 08' Arnold fits that bill, but he has the birthright problem.

i think my man Nader will have another go. I don't think he will ever declare defeat.

but i would really like a female Pres. for once' date=' it would be spectacular to see that happen first in my lifetime.[/quote']

It'll never happen. The majority of americans are too close minded.

I would like to see guiliani run, I think he would make a good candidate.

he's ok but i am really turned off by the whorish nature he displayed towards the bush admin

Obama Dean would be better...

obama needs experience. being vp would be good for him and he'd run in, say, 2016.

i really think dean obama because dean will be the dem chairman by then. he's done so much to organize the party and his views are agreeable...and he's a true democrat.

thing with clinton is the dems will say the us isn't ready for a female president.

thing with obama is he doesnt have enough experience yet

I would hope that Guiliani (I think he's a great guy...but I wouldn't want him as president) will defeat Hillary in (I think) governor of NY. That would seriously damage her chances at presidency in '08. I truly feel that there is too much going against Hillary to run. As in the last election, many people would vote against her, rather than for another person...which I would like to avoid.

I honestly there will be a president who is neither radical nor reactionist. I want a president who will not allow a furthering of the partisan wars. b/c believe me, I dont like how passionate some people are so deliberate in their actions to do harm to the opposite side of the political spectrum.

As I've said before, I dont consider myself liberal or conservative, because I agree and disagree with different aspect of both. (I just cant wait to run for class president for the next 3 years- Im going to have some very partisan competition) :)

oh but it does. if he is a whore to bush, it means he may be easily led towards things that aren't in the best interest of the nation

You could be right. But also he really is not in any position to go against Bush, and if he has aspirations of being President of the United States some day he would have to do what he has to do to keep face and trust. I think his true self was more shown in the 9/11 crisis. To be honest I don't think he will run though.

I know it's a little early for this type of thing' date=' but Im just wondering about your thoughts on the (US) Election in a few years.

Who do you think the front runners will be? What sort of issues do you think will be deciding? This will be the first election in which I'm allowed to vote, so you can imagine my interest. :)[/quote']

Hasn't Hilary already announced that she's running? I have no clue who the republican candidate will be, but personally, I think Guilliani (sp?) is going to be one of the candidates...

• 2 months later...