Isn't it funny...

Cap'n Refsmmat

"Exactly what it says on the tin. They're mostly here to argue, not discuss."

Splitting an atom with a shovel is easier than winning a debate with a fundamentalist. :)) My 7th-9th grade history/religion teacher thought somewhat this way too.

Also, I'm starting to think there are a lot of bored (not necessary even religious) people in the world that just use forums to debate religion, pretending to be a fundamentalist, just to have something to do. :)

Debating religion and hitting your head against the wall - you can do it all day, and achieve nothing. Except a severe headache.

I've noticed a definite trend with the threads centering on various debates about religion.

Debating religion and hitting your head against the wall - you can do it all day' date=' and achieve nothing. Except a severe headache.[/quote']

I couldn't have said it better. ;)

Exactly what it says on the tin. They're mostly here to argue, not discuss.

Sometimes i go looking for an "argument", if that's what you want to call it, because i want to learn other's opinions and learn from it.

Small arguments never hurt anybody.

Who is 100% sure god does not exist, if not then carry on asking questions.

You can ask questions, and people do. But arguing from an unevidenced position is right out.

I'm pretty sure that God is equivalent to the square root of negative one :P

God = i?

This is generally because religious types are more likely to argue a losing position.

How could anyone have a losing position about their opinion. Thats the problem with thiis forum. Everyone thinks they have the ultimate right answer about everything. Why can't anybody admit they could be wrong or don't have an answer.

Yes, I beleive in God, but I;m not 100% sure. I accept the fact I could be wrong. Why can't anyone else do the same.

I found it funny how early last week the local weather people said that at this point in the winter our area had half as much snow as we had last winter at this time. Then this weekend over 2 feet of snow fell on Saturday night. Now I think we're all caught up. :P

How could anyone have a losing position about their opinion[/u'].

You appear to be confused. If people say 'I believe in god', I don't say 'lol ure stupid, god doesn't exist', only if they make empirically refutable or logically incorrect statements do I argue.

You appear to be confused. If people say 'I believe in god', I don't say 'lol ure stupid, god doesn't exist', only if they make empirically refutable or logically incorrect statements[/i'] do I argue.

Granted, some people do say really dumb things at times. But that doesn't mean their opinions should be discounted.

I'm 100% sure.

The whole concept of God is so abstract that his existance is impossible to prove, yet at the same time impossible to disprove. To 100% sure of the noneeistance of God is extremely nearsighted and foolish.

he whole concept of God is so abstract that his existance is impossible to prove, yet at the same time impossible to disprove. To 100% sure of the noneeistance of God is extremely nearsighted and foolish.

I suspect he was just messing with you.