Sleep Help?

Guest YSChung84052

Guest YSChung84052

I don't know what it is that is causing me not to be able to sleep at normal times. I believe it might be a mental thing but i'm not sure. I want to go to sleep about 10pm but that does not happen. Last week, I had to take sleeping pills to fall asleep. I had to take 6 a night so i could finally fall asleep. I believe this started when I had to start waking up at 3 am for work, 2 weeks ago, so i would just stay up and then go to bed around 6 or 7 am. So here I am. I was able to go to sleep this past weekend around 2 am and I tried to correct my sleeping patterns and wake up 8 am or 9 but I just sleep right through it. Now I am wide awake 2am in the morning. I exercise daily and I get tired but when i finally go to bed, I find this extra energy that keeps me up. I'm going to try to fall asleep again but if I can't i am just going to stay up till tomorow night and see if i can fall asleep at normal time. This is very annoying because I get very tired at work.

Your sleeping pattern has only just started to become routine so you can easily get out of the routine again.

Do not go to sleep except at the normal times and whatever happens stay in bed for the normal times. Stop taking sleeping pills because tho they make on night easy to get to sleep the next few nights your body is expecting them.

At ten when you are trying to get to bed; get comfortable and relax. Try and concentrate only on your breathing pattern attempting to slow your breath down.

It works for me anyway.

Alex

yschung:

Do you find that if you get woken up after about 1/2 hour of sleep, that's it you're awake for the next 24 hours or so?

Also be very careful of some sleeping tablets, if you use them for more than about a week your body will adapt and start needing them.

Cheers.

infinately better (and safer) than sleeping pills would be a pint of Guiness half an hour before bedtime, the little bit of alc will help your muscles rellax and the vit B content is quite high too.

it works for me anyway :)

there could be a million and one reasons.

why not keep a diary of the days you do and the days you don`t with a breif summary of what you did that day and how well you slept etc...

and then see if you find a pattern.

that`s what I`de do :)