What is one to Do?

Fellowes

I have had dial-up for a loong time now. I have lived with it and have had enough.. Now , the only reason i still have dial up is that i am unable to get highspeed or dsl or broadband because of where i live. Ive looked around but havent had much luck with programs to make my connection faster..

any help anyone?

what speed dial up? because there's 56K instead of the older 38K.

interesting that you actually CANNOT get ANY faster than dial-up, where do you live, like what country/town, i dont wanna stalk ya!

there's not much you can do with a standard dial-up, you can hotwire, if that's the right word a broadband connection to take the max bandwidth you can off your ISP, but that's illegal and obvious to the ISP who suddenly runs outta bandwidth and a customer on 512Kb/s starts getting 15Kb/s !!! still, it exists.... but dial up there's not much to do...

stay off images, disable smilies, allow you computer to store past pages so they are quicker loading.

make sure your internet is running at the speed of your internet connection and not your computer... so for instance my old old computer which had like 32MB RAM or maybe 64MB or sumin, it could download the web page but then the computer spent a few seconds actually displaying it, a RAM upgrade sorted that out... if your computer cannot keep up with a dial-up connection then just a cheap RAM stick should sort your prob.

sadly there's not much else ya can do... i dont think.

you may have read about programs which speed up your connection, they work by storing pages and cutting out images... if you are desperate and have a few spare pounds then you could try one, but i wouldnt call em amazing.

huh? that just confused me!

i am in london yes, i did notice that, i live their!!!! and i do have high speed internet connection.

fellowes doesnt, i dont know where he lives.

most of britain has high speed internet.

There are some internet connections that use sattelites...though I haven't heard too many good things about them.

I personally have a dsl connection, and I'm quite happy with it. I recently made the switch from 56K. It's a bit faster but it's great to have a constant internet connection. It's a pain to have to dial up everytime you want to get online...it ties up the phones too.

I have had dial-up for a loong time now. I have lived with it and have had enough.. Now ' date=' the only reason i still have dial up is that i am unable to get highspeed or dsl or broadband because of where i live. Ive looked around but havent had much luck with programs to make my connection faster..

any help anyone?[/quote']Your bio says you're only four years old. You should be happy your folks let you use the phone to dial up with.

Don't you have broadband at preschool?

no haha im not 4 years old im mid teens, and i live on the east coast of Canada. Ive seen some commercials about Bell mobility having some high speed capabilities, what do some think of this or do you know of any feedback from Bell users?

no haha im not 4 years old im mid teens, and i live on the east coast of Canada. Ive seen some commercials about Bell mobility having some high speed capabilities, what do some think of this or do you know of any feedback from Bell users?

Bell High Speed rocks ;)

"oddly enough, we can have BB here and yet my Uncle (about 200 yards away) cannot, because he`s only JUST out of the viability zone, Crazy Huh!"

Same thing here, I recall a friend of mine being one street away from the zone. :))

"No, we're too lazy to attach a 10m extension cable, even for a payment!"

Same thing here' date=' I recall a friend of mine being one street away from the zone. :))

"No, we're too lazy to attach a 10m extension cable, even for a payment!"[/quote']In the US, the cable companies are allotted territories where they are the exclusive carriers so they all don't spend a fortune crossing over each other. Then the problem is that some companies carry high speed and some don't. So it's not a matter of lazy here, it's a legal thing.