time travel i believe it possible

lukemcleod

Is it fair enough to be honest I think it's something I herd mentioned on a sci-ft program in reference to hyper space or something which I took hyper space to be a kind of plane you enter between space where anything below lightspeed and you exit hyper space this would allow you to increase your speed to twice, three or even 4 times the speed of light and more alowing u to travel greater distance in relatively shorter time. So say at lightspeed it took a month to reach mars in hyper speed if u remained at lightspeed nut if u acceleratedt to twice the speed of light it would only take half a month in hyper space till u arrived at mars

Hyperspace is a cheat used in science fiction to circumvent some inconvenient physical laws, but it usually ignores the fact that if you could travel faster than light, you'd wind up going backwards in time and arrive at your destination before you left.

obviously time travel is impossible else you could travel back in time and shoot yourself dead.

Loved the bit in the Family Guy video where one oft he Brian's was dead and Brian says shouldn't they all be dead then?

The answer is of course no, if they were from before he died they coudl be alive , there should be no Brians from the future after he was dead.

Brians from the past could have travelled into the future past his death though (if time travel forward is possible) so I guess forward time

travel could be posssible, but not back.

Hyperspace is a cheat used in science fiction to circumvent some inconvenient physical laws, but it usually ignores the fact that if you could travel faster than light, you'd wind up going backwards in time and arrive at your destination before you left.

Actually...the concept of Warping Space/Time or Folding Space/Time...is possible if you know how to do it.

One would have to have an understanding of the UFT or Unified Field Theory....have an Isotopes of Element 115...some Antimatter and one hell of a Quantum Computing System for Navigation.

Theory is...since all particles of Mass are completely comprised of Quantum Particle/Wave Forms...such as the Higgs-Boson...if you could generate a huge amount of energy to represent Mass...you could create a Gravity Well directionally and have a craft either FALL towards the Gravity Well...or FOLD Space/Time and thus you would be able to Travel without Moving.

This solves such issues as Faster than Light Travel as you would not be doing this as well as you would not have Time Dilation issues.

The method theoretically is that a specific isotopes of Element 115 when bombarded by High Energy Protons will have this elements Atomic Nucleus exhibit what is known as the STRONG FORCE OF GRAVITY. Antimatter is then added to create a reaction generating huge amounts of energy.

Since there is not enough Antimatter in our Universe to create the required energy needed...this Element in reaction with the Protons and Antimatter creates such energy in a Multiversal Energy Cascade.

Split Infinity

Brians from the past could have travelled into the future past his death though (if time travel forward is possible) so I guess forward time

travel could be posssible, but not back.

We do travel into future time--can't help doing that.

that's true ed If you consider time is always moving forward and we move with time so technically we are time traveling throughout the course of our life. loving the comments everybody some real interesting stuff give me more theories let me soak up ur knowledge and become wiser

No dint say that but were all entitled to our own beliefs and I chose to believe other theories beside his on this subject

In science there should be no beliefs. There are hypotheses that are confirmed, modified or rejected on the basis of verifiable observations and experiments. A scientist is obligated to provisionally accept such a hypothesis until evidence justifies its rejection. One is not entitled to any beliefs in the matter.

Yeah but how do u explain one how one scientist would believe that string theory is correct but another scientist might believe it's wrong and prefer to believe the unified field theory or m theory is correct instead is that not believe

After all if isacc newton didn't believe there was a force holding us on this planet would we have discovered gravity or if scientist don't believe splitting an atom could create incredible energy out put would they have run the experiments that created the atom bomb on the contrary I think believe is part of what drives the search for answers through scientific experimentation along with the drive and passion for understanding our universe better

Newton didn't believe these things, he accepted them because that is where observation, experiment and logic directed him. Provisional acceptance is the correct stance for a scientist to take. If the scientist starts believing things they have, temporarily at least, abandoned the scientific method.

Ed you said

On the other hand, if you insist on having beliefs, enter a seminary.

please elaborate more as I was under the impression a seminar was like wen a writer brings out a book and holds a public gathering in which they speak about their book and the driving force's behind what their publishment is about and how they reached their conclusion

Ok fair enough I see ur point one has to be truely be unbiased toward the subject to arrive at the true and properly conclusion other wise the experiments become tainted and unfair thus false results and I appreciate your contribution I would like to here your thoughts on something I heard about the hydrogen super colider in Switzerland apparently there were some unexpected side effects from it being operated I heard something happened that apparently caused a micro black hole or something like that it was only big enough for an atom to get throught and dissapated wen the equipment was switched of I'm highly skeptical of this but would like to be better informed

very informative thanks for the links

The LHC is not called the hydrogen super collider, it is the Large Hadron Collider. I do not work there, but do not know of an accident related to micro black holes. There has been a lot of concern in the press related to the LHC making a black hole, but as far as I know none have been made thus far. And, I believe nothing bad will happen if they do make a black hole.

I also believe you should start another thread if you wish to continue discussing the LHC and black holes, because it is a different subject than the title of this thread.

Ok fair enough I see ur point one has to be truely be unbiased toward the subject to arrive at the true and properly conclusion other wise the experiments become tainted and unfair thus false results

Some people live their entire lives without understanding this essential point about the practice of science. Congratulations on grasping it so quickly.

when i'm thinking of time and such,

i'm always lead to the thought of time having it's own speed.

edit-

if anything is faster than radiation,

then time would have to be one.

Edited by krash661

The method theoretically is that a specific isotopes of Element 115 when bombarded by High Energy Protons will have this elements Atomic Nucleus exhibit what is known as the STRONG FORCE OF GRAVITY. Antimatter is then added to create a reaction generating huge amounts of energy.

!

Moderator Note

Please refrain from hijacking the thread with speculative discussions.

————

lukemcleod, this has been an engaging discussion but the language here is English, not text-speak. It's considered a breach of etiquette to use the shorthands, such as u and ur. It detracts from the discussion. Clear communication is important.

No need to respond. Carry on.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake ed I did mean to say hadron and I don't quite understand what this message is about the official lookin one but from now on I'll respect it's wishes but let it be known I'm typing on a phone most of the time and spell correct gets it wrong from time to time

And lite thank you for the complement I find in subjects that intrest me my ability to soak any knowledge offered is far grater then when I don't particularly find intrest in that is why I think I am able to grasp the basic understanding of things quickly and once in a while maybe even the more complex concepts of subjects

The moderator note from swansont was directed at splitinfinity and all of us, because that rule makes it easier for someone to look at topics and find information about the topic, rather than having to read an entire thread to determine what the discussion was about.

You would not want to go to a library to find information on solar storms, find a book titled Solar Storms 1913, only to find after reading the book it was really about Shakespeare.

Oh yeah I missed that thanks again ed so is swansont like a founder of the web site or something like that coz that message looks like one of the oofficial warning signs you would get from people running a site before they boot you of and there's that bit specific to me so I don't wanna get booted of I joined to find answers and to improve myself by improving my knowledge

Oh yeah I missed that thanks again ed so is swansont like a founder of the web site or something like that coz that message looks like one of the oofficial warning signs you would get from people running a site before they boot you of and there's that bit specific to me so I don't wanna get booted of I joined to find answers and to improve myself by improving my knowledge

The moderators are volunteers, who do a very difficult job of keeping the forum content quality high. They can ban people, but I don't know of any reason you would be banned at this time. I do not know who founded this forum. Swansont is also a very smart and well educated person who posts good answers to many questions, and the same is true for all the moderators that I have noticed.

There are also administrators, who work to ban spammers and some other things that I don't know much about. They do not post as often as the moderators; thus, I don't know much about them.

We should be posting about "time travel i believe it possible," not the moderators and administrators. That way, we will not give them reason to intervene. If you wish to continue the discussion about moderators and administrators, you should start another thread.

Edited by EdEarl