What was your Corniest Lab Safety Video

UCF-Forensic

Hey guys, thought I would do something funny and interesting for my first thread. We in the scientific community all know that MOST lab safety videos are from the 1970's and are sometimes found drop dead hilarious by the viewing public. I would like to know your experiences, and what has been the funniest event described by a lab safety video, give details!!

Ok fine I'll post mine first.

The funniest thing I have seen in a LSV was: There was a student heating a test tube over a bunsen burner, and pointing it toward an adjacent student. The scene cuts and shows the adjacent student being shot in the eyes with an off-screen super soaker, and then calmly saying "ouch....my eyes".

Another funny moment was when a student was shaking a thermometer (which isn't necessary to begin with) and impacting the lab counter, breaking the thermometer....must have been a football player....hehe

... and now that I've wasted entirely too much time...I have a lab write-up to complete. Later!!

~Steve

we were doing one about... something about doing something with beakers?

anyhow, the video shows the beaker breaking and then the fake blood thing didnt work, so the guy like jammed the broken beaker @ his glove to get it squirting... haha

My General Chemistry lab safety video was utterly hilarious.

One particular scene (and I kid you not about this) depicts a boy stripping to use the shower. It shows him from the waist up and it assumed he is naked (the video talks about stripping off all clothes). However, what makes this scene noteworthy is that another boy is standing directly behind the "naked" boy, staring at his rear. It's very odd that they let that make it on to tape, but it's hilarious.

Other funny scenes: the guy who stabs himself in the ketchup pack, the spontaneously breaking thermometer (upon shaking), and the miraculous splashing chemicals which literally jump out of the flask (flask is offscreen, splashes seen jumping up).

Good times.

this wasn`t exactly a safety vid per se, more of a re-enactment of a true incident, where a student with copius amounts of hairspray on, leaned over a bunsen burner and did a Micheal Jackson impersonation.

ok so it wasn`t all that funny in principal, but the amount of over obvious hairspray on this young actor was alarming in itself (ya just gotta love those 80`s hairstyles) :)