DDoSing in Linux

Guest Icon

Hello , Im new to the whole Linux Game so im going to be blunt.

I'v Recently loaded Linux RedHat 9.0 on a crappy P1

And i'v Been try, for the life of me , to figure out how to DDoS on it!

i'v Tryed every search engine , But all i get is " how to Stop DDoSing " Ect Ect..

I was wondering if any of you guys had any links or References?

It would Greatly Help

Also if any of you guys have RedHat 9.0 , Up2Date is not working and i wont let me Register to RHN

If you really wanted to figure it out, you'd learn how ports work.

If you just want to be told what to do, you can go and look on a "hey we're 13 yr old script kiddies and lonely key-punchers, come be our friends and we'll irresponsibly give you naughty treats that'll make you look cool" web site.

Red Hat's technical support services would be a better place for your second question.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to mention, that its about as mature as throwing water balloons at cars. Do you have a reason to do it? Is it gonna help people, or are you going to right an injustice by DDos'ing? I am assuming you know how it works in the first place, right? If you know how it works and just want to be malicious, whatever. But, if you want to learn hacking the way it should be taught, find a good hacking community. If you arent familiar, anything labeled white hat is good. If you dont know how to get started, and are willing to humble yourself and not go over to the script-kiddie side, pm me, or email me.

You're going to need to write a program that can be run on a windows machine, since taking advantage of other OS's is pointless. C would probably be the mots common language choic.

Now, depending on how fancy you want to be will affect how difficult it is. You could write a program to connect to an IRC server, through which you can pass commands to all your zombies. Like I said though, that's more difficult. If you want to be very blunt you could just make a simple program that will automatically target the system of choice, then manually install it on all of the systems you want to infect. Or you can be a bit more advanced and make the program send itself to any email addresses it finds on the host system. You can also make the program a service that will open up some port and be ready to take commands as to where it should target. In any case, you will need to ensure that it runs at start up and is not easily deleted (like it makes copies of itself on the host).

You're attempt at making a DDoS program will probably fail, or you will decide to go back to playing counterstrike. Don't give up on linux though. We need all the users we can get! You can find lots of help on the subject on the red hat main page and http://www.linuxquestions.org Also, I suggest learning some more basic C/C++ programming, then moving on to bigger and hopefully more worthwhile things.

Now, to those of you outraged that I just told him all that, I am counting on the fact that he really doesn't know how to do it, because if he did then he wouldn't need to be asking here. Also, I believe in making information freely accessible, so if he wants to know something, then I will by all means tell him (within reason; I can see why we don't tell people how to make bombs on the chem forum). I mean, I didn't even give him details, just an outline and some suggestions.

...Now, to those of you outraged that I just told him all that, I am counting on the fact that he really doesn't know how to do it, because if he did then he wouldn't need to be asking here. Also, I believe in making information freely accessible, so if he wants to know something, then I will by all means tell him (within reason; I can see why we don't tell people how to make bombs on the chem forum). I mean, I didn't even give him details, just an outline and some suggestions.

No argument there. Im not against teaching people how things work, but it would be pointless to teach him if he didnt understand what was going on. Starting on things they already knew, and then building from there, would be alot easier than tackeling a montain before a molehill.

Im not much of a linux\unix buff myself, so ill leave that to you silencer. :)

Now, to those of you outraged that I just told him all that, I am counting on the fact that he really doesn't know how to do it, because if he did then he wouldn't need to be asking here. Also, I believe in making information freely accessible, so if he wants to know something, then I will by all means tell him (within reason; I can see why we don't tell people how to make bombs on the chem forum). I mean, I didn't even give him details, just an outline and some suggestions.

The reason nobody is going to give him specifics is not just because he could use it to do harm, but because anybody else could read the thread and abuse the information - we lose control of the information once it is posted and spidered, but remain accountable. Therefore his levels of skill and dedication are largely irrelevant.

The same policy is used on any other computer forum worth its salt (try http://www.codingforums.com as an example).