Appealing to hitler fallacy

After prolonged thought about the slippery slope fallacy, I've decided that it is wrong to not appeal to it. Its a double edged blade. If a new hitler comes along and says, its wrong not to kill all life, and therefor your wrong for not agreeing because it's a slippery slope, they should be able to silence him for good purposes. Survival, replication, or better yet, solidification of the mind.

Slippery Slope, like many logical fallacies, is not wrong in and of itself. It's only a fallacy when it's used to make general assumptions ("If you start eating sweets, you'll never stop until it kills you"). In certain cases, like burning books, it can actually be a very real concern.

As with most fallacies, you err when you use them to automatically conclude something based solely on the fallacy. Each instance needs evaluation, especially if lives are involved. And not to nitpick, but assuming someone is going to be the next Hitler just because of something they said, and then "silencing them" for it sounds like Fascism at its best.

It's oligarchy at its core, and I believe it always truly has been.

To deny oligarchy is like denying cause and effect

Hitler was out of control, I don't think many of us will oppose that. It became a matter of how long until it was under control that concerns humanity

Hitler was out of control, I don't think many of us will oppose that. It became a matter of how long until it was under control that concerns humanity

Well... Not sure why you're talking so much about Hitler. Maybe this would be a better suited fallacy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum

Edit: Which it actually is, if you read the topic title?

Edited by pwagen

yes i think it would be fascism if we decided to start killing people just because of their opinion, However once you know someone is "the next hitler" because of things they have done and it has been proven with solid evidence, then it's a completely different argument whether to kill them. One that most likely would be made by special forces generals etc. I have no doubt that assassination attempts would probably be made.