SFN the Novel

Cap'n Refsmmat

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name- Alex

Age-14

Profession-Microbiology (and sharpshooting on the weekends)

taking sides?-Dont care if Im a good or bad character

Appearance- 6'2", brown hair, blue eyes, and Im all about upper body strength :)

Gender- male

Nationality- German

Quirks-...I can make a joke out of just about anything...; I often work with ballistics (making the stuff that comes out the barrels :D); I get to play with several rifles, pistols; and of course...get to make some nice stuff in the lab! (cough...chemistry would come in handy..cough cough...) :D

Other stuff- I might make a good assassin... <:-/

(I've only read the first post, so I dont know what all the other characters will be... fit me in somewhere) :)

-the scientist should have a sexy daughter that is being held by the bad guys and has to rescued by our protagonist

Geez....it didn't take me long to get caught!

How about I am important, because I carry a secret given to me by my father.

Ok....thats no good because I dont take torture very well.

So....borrowing from the DaVinchi code which my friend and I have been secretly reading, I carry the secret given to me from my father when I was young. The enemy knows this. But, I must be brought to a painting somewhere. Then, when I see it, I will instantly know what the code is.

That way, they have to keep me unharmed.

Bettina :)

It sounds like a sort of Austin Powers/No One Lives Forever type of thing would be good, but replacing the 60's references with science ones or some such. Lots of secret agents and ninjas and scientists, and aliens if possible!

Aside from that though, and you'll excuse me if I go into writer mode here and offer some constructive (or perhaps destructive) criticism... but I don't think there should BE a plot. There should just be an initial situation (evil takeover plan, alien invasion, world war, etc.) and a set of characters who could do something important in it. Laying down the plot now will cause problems later when we inevitably find better, more natural ways for the story's course to develop, as plot tends to restrict characters and make them do silly things, given their personality and psychology, and rarely all fits together with one sitting's consideration. I mean, we all know that Sayo wouldn't do what every other evil genius does and feed the captured YT dinner, spilling his plans in the process, before putting him into the shark (or scorpion) pit, thus giving him a chance to escape; he's going to go straight for the brain probes. The only problem with that somewhat more realistic event is that the main character dies and the story ends.

We also shouldn't push to have a new chapter out every night, as that puts a lot of pressure on the person who writes it and would probably make the writing itself of poorer quality. One chapter a week is a bit more realistic (I'm assuming about a 1000 words, mind you), and gives time to revise the chapter and check it for consistancy with the previous ones.

Is it too late for me to get a part...?

Name: Unknown (Everyone calls me Nacho)

Looking like: med. size with blonde hair and brown eyes

Stuff: I like to blow stuff up. I also like cheese. Humor is good for me, too.

Side: Evil or good, I don't really care. (Switching sides/both sides?)

I hope you can still add me in...

• A character description--5'6", I have long, brown hair and brown eyes. (picture
    or this one
    I like science (obviously) sci-fi/fantasy, D&D, roleplaying, music...
  • My name is Zach, or Zachary, if you prefer.
  • Gender, male
  • Personality - I am a scientist who sometimes forget whether he living in this world of a fantasy world. I occasionally think I am in another world. A sort of Walter Mitty.

Thanks for doing this...if you need any help writing don't hesitate to ask.

Characters I've Picked:

Sayonara³: Protagonist and scientist.

Cap'n Refsmmat: Another protagonist.

Demosthenes: Cap'n's sidekick. Big and beefy.

5614: Expert help/scientist.

YT2095: Mad scientist type person, protagonist.

dave: YT's sidekick, mathematician.

MolecularMan14: 14 year old ballistics dude. German, strong, and makes loads of jokes. Sharpshooter.

Jakiri: Physicist.

ecoli: Zach. A scientist who sometimes forgets whether he living in this world of a fantasy world. Occasionally thinks he is in another world. A sort of Walter Mitty.

Bettina: Assassin.

Tesseract: Background character who saves a good guy's life, then turns evil.

Zarkov, Adam, and ExtraSense: Stupid protagonists.

Pinch Paxton: Evil (not so smart) genius.

Lance: Evil goon/zombie. Hit man.

microx: Called Nacho. Explosives expert. 15-20 yrs old. Likes cheese, blowing things up.