SFN the Novel

Cap'n Refsmmat

After the SFN the Musical thread, I realized we would be much better in a novel. Sign-ups for characters are here. I cannot guarantee you will be included.

Requirements:

• A character description--What you look like, what you do, if you want to be good or bad, etc.
  • A name. Some people, like YT2095, have a name that wouldn't really fit in a novel. Give me any name you want for your character; it doesn't have to be your real name.
  • Gender!
  • One thing is you must have some sort of personality. I don't want plain old boring people, I want someone with personality. Quirks and such are great.

Plot ideas are welcome, but I am formulating the plot already. Your suggestions may, however, be used in the final plotline.

Go for it!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im really no story writer but i can be imagineative!

Name: Jonathan (that's my real name)

Codename: 5614 (had to throw it in somewhere!)

Profession: Computers

Use: hacking!

Appearance: short brown straight hair, brown eyes

Nationality: British

Charachter: whatever will fit in... a hacker could be used for good or bad, like in the Italian job (the new one) that kinda hacker is bad but set out in a good way.

this is assuming that the story will be some kinda thriller/action.

alternatively i could be some kinda physicist, although here with swansont, severian etc maybe not!

i think we need some kinda topic... like if this is a purely romance thing then a hacker is no good... whereas if its a sci-fi chem war in a world lead by quantum phonomenons and biogical enhancements with robots controlled by computer mainframes all us computer/physicists/chemists/biologists could play a suitable part if ya see what i mean!

I'd like to be in it. Im thinking along the lines of an advanced A.I, kind of like a deus ex machina to save whoever we have as our protagonist, but afterwords turn evil. I think I should keep my name. I should be a backround character like in the musical. As for me personality deeply logical, philosophical, cold, intelligent, and meticulous. :)

So you save the good guy's life, then turn evil.

Characters I've Picked:

• Sayonara³: Protagonist and scientist.
  • Me: Another protagonist.
  • Demosthenes: My sidekick. Big and beefy.
  • 5614: Expert help/scientist.
  • YT2095: Mad scientist type person, protagonist.
  • Jakiri: Physicist.
  • Bettina: Assassin.
  • Tesseract: Background character who saves a good guy's life, then turns evil.
  • Zarkov, Adam, and ExtraSense: Stupid protagonists.
  • Pinch Paxton: Evil (not so smart) genius.
  • Lance: Evil goon/zombie. Hit man.

I need more bad guys!

Geez...the other thread is dead already. I never got a chance to act and I'll bet I would be good too.

I want to be in this one please.

I would like to be some type of secret assasin. Bettina is my real name and that's my real school picture. Maybe I can kill off Lance.

Anyway, two suggestions.......

1] I would suggest a short chapter be published every night so we can have the suspense last a longer time. Then, if need be, you can add to the story as you go along.

2] Don't kill off anyone too early. It will be boring for the dead person.

Bettina.....Please don't forget me ;)

I'm begging now.....I'll be anyone you want.

plot

ok... now remember this must be compatable with physics!!!

so no flashing bullets and all!

a) an originally civilised race to build a new technology goes wrong as groups team up in a deadly 'war' against each other and then it turns out the new technology can be used for evil stuff

b) with the idea of the new quantum bomb (some new quantum phonomenom) evil groups around the world race physicists to build it first

c) as quantum computers become global hackers can crack/hack quicker than ever and the action starts when some bad ass hacker gets into govenment records (needs development for a new improved idea!)

i dont know, im just kinda brain storming... pick and mix, edit, play around with... they're just ideas!

Geez...the other thread is dead already. I never got a chance to act and I'll bet I would be good too.

I want to be in this one please.

I would like to be some type of secret assasin. Bettina is my name. Maybe I can kill off Lance.

Good or bad assassin?

Anyway' date=' two suggestions.......

1'] I would suggest a short chapter be published every night so we can have the suspense last a longer time. Then, if need be, you can add to the story as you go along.

I think what I'll do is finish it all and then post it chapter by chapter, so it can be edited and done properly before it's posted.

2] Don't kill off anyone too early. It will be boring for the dead person.

Sure.

Bettina.....Please don't forget me ;)

Don't worry, I'll get you in somewhere. Assassins can be useful.

after the last one i dont think ya wanna say! ;):)

feel sorry for ed84c... i think maybe you could still go ahead... cant see how you were gonna do a musical over a forum, you should team up with capn and do this joint.

ok... now remember this must be compatable with physics!!!

Why do you think I put four known psuedoscientists in the mix? So I could make it ridiculous, but with the good guys using real science.

so no flashing bullets and all!
Agreed, and the psuedoscience I do use will be the stuff that the antagonists (zarkov, adam, ExtraDense) already posted.

a) an originally civilised race to build a new technology goes wrong as groups team up in a deadly 'war' against each other and then it turns out the new technology can be used for evil stuff
I'm liking this idea... but with some modifications. I'll work on it.