Computer not showing up responses, please help

Hi all, first time needing help here.
The other day, i received an email notification for a reply to a topic that i had created. I had no idea why the response was not showing up, So i just ignored it, maybe i was hoping it would show up later on, or maybe i thought it was a mistake i cant quite remember. Either way i was wrong.
I just checked my email there and had another 2 notifications. stating i had 2 new responses to another topic i had posted. (different from the first one) I clicked on the link to take me to the page and there were no new responses i could see, None from the member that supposedly posted them. I have nobody on my block list and have tried clicking on the link as well as visiting the site seperately and trying to view the topic.

Now im not sure if il even be able to see responses to this. But il let you know if i get notifications and cant see anything.

Has this been happening widespread? Is it just me?

Thanks for all your help guys.

It is possible that the reply was a spammer. When the spammer is spam banned their posts are removed.

The OP's problem was one I had on another forum which puzzled me for a good while and your answer is a very plausible one.

Edited by StringJunky

We're very sorry for the lapse in our spam filter coverage. We've been banning them on sight but they are relentless. Thanks for everyone's help in reporting them, and again, we're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to have the problem remedied shortly. The relevant Admin is being prodded with a bovine taser as we speak.

• 1 month later...

This spam business is a pain, I for one think I've had my email infiltrated recently. The clue was upon registering with another science forum when my registration was rejected because they don't like spammers! I've never spammed in my life! I've also received the odd peculiar email or two.

What else has my name been wrongly attributed to?

All this seemed to coincide with registering with my ISP's wi-fi facility.

I was quite relieved when my registration on this site wasn't similarly rejected.