Color vs. Colour

-Demosthenes-

I prefer colour because thats how you spell it!

Americans have alot of words that make no real sense,indeed not more than one generation away from pidgeon english.If you want to 'nit pick' i totally find it offensive to call someones backside their fanny.

as I`m sure they would, if you "set lite to a fag".

at the end of the day it`s all about communication, Nothing else, and if you`re cappable of understanding a word and sentence correctly as it was meant, then such a difference is arbitrary.

colour color... WHO CARES! :)

Firstly' date=' it isn't "English" that Americans use dominantly. After all, we would be speaking German but for a vote or two. England has this disgrace of incorporating French as their predominant overstructure, when America, the heart of classicism (or at least it was), favored a return to Latin. Sayonara-cubed calls it degenatory, but linguistics disagrees. He rather keeps a barbaric language compared to the civilised Latin? Ha! Return, lost soul, to the heart of your culture.

Now, if you want to make a case with civilize v. civilise, or aeon v. eon, or amoeba v. ameba, I'll any day go with the British spelling. But you're at a loss with color.[/quote']

Whoa whoa whoa....are you saying that Americans spell civilize civilise, aeon eon, and amoeba ameba?????? We spell all of those with the bolded spelling....

And yes, I do believe we all saw that clerks animated episode...

Guy: Pack of fags

Randel: You're a fag!

Guy: It's a cigarette, mate.

Randel: I'm not your mate, fag!

~Steve

No, I was saying that Americans spell civilise as civilize, aeon as eon, and amoeba as ameba. At least, that's what I've seen in America.

As for Sayonara - I don't know what the bloody hell you're talking about, but if we want to get into special pleading, you've just discounted everything you've said previously. I'm really starting to doubt your intelligence.

As for Sayonara - I don't know what the bloody hell you're talking about, but if we want to get into special pleading, you've just discounted everything you've said previously. I'm really starting to doubt your intelligence.

Really?

The evidence - i.e. the fact that you can't follow a logically consistent argument - indicates that you are the one with the comprehension problem. As you just said.

I recommend you stop goading me.

Yes I would be offended if you "lit up a fag." And I have never met anyone under the age of fifty who says "fanny." I think what we should be concerned about is not spelling but idiomatic phrases that make translation damn near impossible. I heard today that there is a German expression which literally translated means "the children and the bowling pin" but actually has something to do with sinking ships.

Colour is the only civilized maner of spelling that word. And anything else is barbaric.

And the best way to argue is not with Bushisms; it is with Rummy-isms. Everyone know that, but they KNOW that. It is a unknown known.

See what I mean

Seeing as americans speak 'English' and not 'American' it seems sencible to use the English English i.e. Colour.

have you ever been here? we speak american, yo. fo schizzle, hizzle the rizzle. mac nizzle in da hiz-ouse. fo rel, yo, it be "color." peace out, homes.

Guy: Pack of fags

Randel: You're a fag!

Guy: It's a cigarette' date=' mate.

Randel: I'm not your mate, fag![/quote']

I prefer the joke immediately after that.

Dante: Fag, mate?

R: You're a fag!

D: No, fag means cigarette!

R: You're a cigarette!

Firstly' date=' it isn't "English" that Americans use dominantly. After all, we would be speaking German but for a vote or two. England has this disgrace of incorporating French as their predominant overstructure, when America, the heart of classicism (or at least it was), favored a return to Latin. Sayonara-cubed calls it degenatory, but linguistics disagrees. He rather keeps a barbaric language compared to the civilised Latin? Ha! Return, lost soul, to the heart of your culture.

Now, if you want to make a case with civilize v. civilise, or aeon v. eon, or amoeba v. ameba, I'll any day go with the British spelling. But you're at a loss with color.[/quote']

English is actually a GERMANIC language.

ameba? ROFLOL, dear dear me