The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hello all I just joined. I am a 16 year old from Iowa I love farming fishing and hunting. I have always been interested in big picture philosophy. For some reason I could never be interested in the small details until I understand the big picture. I hope some of you can help me develop some of my ideas

Did I ever introduce myself properly? :blink:

Looking at the first posts, seeing how those newbies have become staff members, how adorable and, for the most of you, probably nostalgic, but I was still in elementary school back in 2004 ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody. I'm Dlouro from Portugal and I am interested in understanding life, the Universe and almost everything. naturally my native language is portuguese so, please forgive my grammar errors .

Hi everybody. I'm Dlouro from Portugal and I am interested in understanding life, the Universe and almost everything. naturally my native language is portuguese so, please forgive my grammar errors .

Welcome , aboard . I am a Brit but also from Aljezera in Portugal ., in the Algarve . We have land overlooking the Atlantic Ocean . One of our Daughters will develope it one day . . Beautiful coast for surfing ? Xavia ! Surf the surf!

Mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

Just to clarify:

Overall, I enjoy wit and making jokes, but apologies in advance is something appears too sardonic.

Hi, I'm Nukeyfox. I'm a high school student in Malaysia.

Now I am preparing for my IGCSE exams at the end of the year and I'm working hard to hopefully get straight As.

Conservation and ecology are what I hope to study in my tertiary education.

Eventually, I hope, I can be a ranger and a naturalist.

Nature is my passion, and I enjoy the outdoors and going on hikes.

Also my other hobbies include drawing, cardistry, philosophy and writing.

My names john n i have a recurring dream about being forced to sleep in the same bed as my older sister.

What? Lmao

Hello my name is Mitsurugi. I am an amateur scientist and enthusiast of science. I try to live a life as rationale and observant as possible. I try to avoid, confirmation bias, hindsight bias, paradolia bias, and authority bias. Lol I tried to name them all off the top of my head.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new in this forum.

Hope to learn many things...

Start by eradicating theorems that are, for very obvious reasons, wrong, from your mind. (Yes, I am referring to your "Prove it" thread)

Besides that, feel welcome.

Edited by Function

My name is Edith, I am 19 years old and living in Columbia, South Carolina. I hope to start career in statistics someday. I am mathematically inclined and gifted in the arts as well. I am here to seek advice and advance my understanding of my future classes, because this fall I'm going to have a lot of new ones.

I apologise to be late on my introduction. I did look for an introductory thread a few days ago when I joined but didnt find it, it popped on my phone in recent contents just now - nevertheless a faux-pas so I do apologise.

Im middle aged, I teach engineers as a contractor for a coropration, I'm putting my life together after a 6 year long divorce, I have a 4 month old kid. I build flashlights for fun, I like armwrestling, cars, used to make my libing as a dj, played snooker semi proffesionally. I also like jack & coke and physics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey my name is deangelo i am a student that wants to help the world with a new type of joy, fun, transportation, and soon a sport :) i am on the final stages for building air treks. in reality all components used have never been used before (Custom made parts factory specific design) and a whole new mechanical system their is only one problem and that is the ability to get the product out towards the community. link removed

Edited by hypervalent_iodine
advertising removed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello! My name is Geoff! I'm a magician and actor with a great interest in theoretical physics and mathematics, but without an accredited education in either. I just enjoy reading and consuming knowledge and information, and will be lurking much more than I post. Thanks for having me.

Hi there,

I am a Biological Science PhD student, I am looking (as always) to expand my knowledge and improve upon the existing body I have built. Particularly I am interested in no one subject alone rather trying to look at the interactions between all.

Thanks for having me too!

Hi there,

I am a Biological Science PhD student, I am looking (as always) to expand my knowledge and improve upon the existing body I have built. Particularly I am interested in no one subject alone rather trying to look at the interactions between all.

Thanks for having me too!

Bienvenu! Make yourself at home ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just joined.

Professionally, I am a PhD Chemist working in industry. Most of my work has been in the materials science end of inorganic chemistry - crystal growth, ceramics, things like that.

I've been interested in science and nature since childhood. Outside of chemistry I am most interested in things like ecology, environmental science, herpetology, things like that. I volunteer with a local park system - have for 30 years.

I also like photography and model railroading.