The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hello everyone! I'm Vivec, I'm a twenty three year old, happily married father of a beautiful baby boy. I'm a stay at home dad with a love of science and education. I don't really have a whole lot of people around me who take an interest to the things that I find fulfilling. I live in Kentucky, an area commonly called the "Bible Belt," and I have a lot of friends, just very few who seek higher knowledge and understanding. I went to the dot-com science forums and found it to be extremely disappointing. Few people on that forum actually have any education or do any real research. They rather liked to argue over nothing and bash on the faiths of the world. Science is not a weapon for ridiculing the spiritually-minded. Science is simply a means of understanding. I have read a bit into these forums and I'm happy to see that many of the childish issues from the last forum are not AS present here. I do look forward to sharing ideas and experiences with you guys and I hope that we can learn a great deal from each other. Thanks for reading, talk to you soon! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

My name is Clara Tanone and this is the first time I've ever logged onto www.scienceforums.net.

Currently I am studying a Master of Design Innovation and Technology course and have previously completed a Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design).

I am creating an account here to ask basic questions relating to science and to maintain my highschool interest in chemistry.

I thought it polite to introduce myself before contributing to the forums here.

Anyway, nice to meet you all! :)

Kind Regards,

Clara Tanone

Edited by Clara Tanone

Hi, my name is Joe.

I tend to be in a state of confusion, or realizing that I am confused. I remember things for quite a while, but forget facts. I make assumtions, and tend to be naive. When I realize that I may have made a mistake of assumtion, I am anal about trying to fix it, but it is usually to late.

Apparently, my sense of humor is way too complex, and my communication skills are lacking. Of course it would help if this smart phone was as smart as they advertise it to be.

Understanding relativity is on my bucket list.

I seem doomed to be the perpetual newbie.

And really, the post button is way too close to where my cursor is, or needs to be.

Edited by jajrussel

Hi, I'm Mike!

I am NOT an intellectual! I do adore facts though, like Earth's moon 2160 miles in diameter and Pluto 1199 miles in diameter!

I understanding the very basic limits of Einstein's curved space and the unification of gravity into the quantum world! I am going to be perfectly honest with you all now! I don't understand String Theory!

My main loves in life are poetry ( not the garbage I have written myself! ) and music, especially orchestral music.

I love sharing with people the basic information about polymaths, such as who they were, their nationality, the dates they lived from and what they did, most of which I have forgotten!

I have given presentations in which I link poetry I recite to music, for example 'The Blackbird' by John Drinkwater with The Beatles' song 'Blackbird' from their phenomenal 'White Album'.

So in summary, I am not profoundly clever! I make the most of my limited knowledge! I am a Very Poor reader, I have some mathematical ability, and I like factual knowledge. I have read Patrick Moore's book 'Exploring The Earth and Moon' but most of it I have forgotten!

I like people who can create things such as, write a book, compose music, write poems or invent theories!

I stand as a child before you all with his eyes open to try and grasp the beauty and wonder of what you have to say!

Cheers - Mike

Hi guys I'm Scientist88, not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have a massive passion for human augmentation in all catagories including military, physical enhancement and nanotech to name some. I'm just your everyday Joe blow but would love to study and be a part of the experimentations? Does anyone know how I could do something like this full time having pretty much only passion? I constantly think about these things all the time, drives me nuts because I can't try and answer my own questions.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

My intentions here are strictly scientific, meaning I am going to try my very best not to get any posts deleted or worse banned, which for most goes without saying, tell that to Galileo, even Einstein.

Seriously though I have a Twitter account.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I'm Rami... Nice to join ya. :)

I am very new to science forums, I understand forum etiquette so I wanted to ask where I should post my topic.

I am Writing a screenplay which involves a futuristic world that involves force fields, time, Astroids/Meteors, and drastic climate changes.

The reason I am on science forums, is because I'd like to have my information as accurate as possible anyone have an idea what thread(s) should I ask my questions/topic?

Hello everybody!

My name is Chris and I’m from Vienna, Austria. After I found some pretty interesting threads and topics here in this forum over the last couple of months I have now decided to become a part of your community too.

I’m really looking forward to some decent discussions with you guys!

I am a 22 year old college student looking to make some new friends with common interests.

I am interested in all general topics of scientific inquiry. My major is video game design while I pursue my Bachelor's but I'd like to do well enough to transfer to my silly schoolboy fantasy dream college.

I'm hear right now because I've been feeling a deep and unyielding sense of isolation. I don't get out much and when I do talk to people they rarely share my interests and values.

I'm hoping to make some lasting friends here who can challenge my understanding of nature and society and through engaging discussion help me to find some semblance of meaning in my social interactions.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I answer to my wife first, and "Sydney" or - more likely ARE YOU LISTENING (!?) second.

My job in life was to make a discovery of a new science for which I had to coin and register a new name. CardioRetinometry was born.

Then I found that instead of everybody saying NOBEL PRIZE for Sydney Only one clever and famous medical columnist (Dr W Gifford-Jones MD) did.

All the other authorities (and many of my colleagues) HATED me!

THEN I discovered that LOTS of other people hated me.

Lots of VERY NASTY people have corrupted education of health professionals, told lies, and, we think, stopped

newspapers, medical journals and broadcasters telling the truth by paying UNBELIEVABLE amounts of

money to control the media, because even MORE unbelieveable amounts of money can be lost if the truth gets out.

So whether you out there, with any luck - reading this - want to know or not, there is a WAR going

on and YOU are being suffocated by an invisible spray of poisonous untruths that is shortening

your lives. In war people get killed. This is no different at all.

IMHO you are being robbed of at least 25 years of life expectancy and made to suffer universal

coronary heart disease and much cancer.

Google me to learn the rest. Every forum bans me eventually. This one may be no different.

The forces of darkness will try to pay to achieve my being silenced. They excluded me from the Wikipedia.

Thank you if, you have read this far. You have my sympathy for reading this unusual "Hello."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey y'all, I'm a female CroMagnon, US Ozark country. I have an interest in just about everything, controversial opinions to boot, but I come in peace. Or at least I try. Family, nature, history, and both physical and mental self-betterment are my passions; hobbies range from spearfighting to sewing to painting to hours of research on entheogens. I love to learn, studying a variety of arts, belief systems, and sciences.

My niches are the earth sciences, namely geology (especially volcanology), ecology/biology, the stereotypical womanly arts of gardening, cooking, and housekeeping, and animal behavior, including psychology, anthropology, theology, and philosophy. Physics draws my mind as well, but I can't compute math past 7th grade pre-algebra. I marvel in the many unique ways our universe expresses life, from soft colorful flower petals to the mysterious minds of cephalopods, and I seek and take pride in our shared roots.

My own life is simple but grand, as close to the earth, to the old ways, to our cousins and ancestors as possible in this age of property taxes and GPS. I wake with the sun, tend to family and household duties, spend my time outside and active until my legs are jelly, work out my mind while my body rests, and go back to sleep with the sun. The Digital Age holds no interest for me, I'm satisfied with dogs, trees, bluffs, and books.

I write science-fantasy, or I guess that's what it'd be called, purely as a fun mental exercise. No one but my mate will ever read it. Nonetheless, I'm absolutely anal about proper spelling and scientific fact. I love the general premise of fantasy, the dragons, swordfights, magic, and spirits, and I by no means limit my writing to hard scientific fact, but I love our own world's known workings too much to just "magic" everything. I like my magic/psionics to have limitations, environmental impediments, energy requirements, somewhat plausible mechanisms; likewise, I want my characters to suffer realistic effects from their injuries, for deserts to follow mapped out weather patterns, for my canine communication to be accurate. It helps to avoid logical inconsistencies and create interesting in-story challenges, something fantasy forums don't get. Always just "make it up".

Most of my posts will thus be for literary research, just open, friendly, imaginative, thought-out brainstorming on random topics like plasma physics and electromagnetism. I dislike conflict and debate, I'm just here to refine ideas Iack the math skills for on my own. Hopefully people here are friendly and up for a little off-the-wall. See you around!

Edited by CroMagnon

Hi there, you can call me @Cryptid. Im someone who completely loves learning about the unknown (weird creatures, unexplained things, science), and have a passion for writing.

I am on the Unexplained Mysteries forum as Vessel, so you can find me on there too, but I was also intrigued with science things, unexplained things and more, so I thought: Why not join this forum?

I really quickly made an account, so now here I am! I just thought that introducing myself would help more members know who I am since Im new, and probably no one even knows I exist here right now.

I hope to see you all around, and hear about yourselves.

Cryptid

Edited by Cryptid

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Today, 03:12 AM

Hello,

I am so glad to find scienceforums.net!

I have been reading, watching endless documentaries, and practicing what i know, but havnt talked to anyone else about it all yet. Im excited to meet people who care about more then tv, image, and gossip. People around me think its strange to want to know about math, but i really believe life is more than the car i drive or the size of my body.

I am the only person i know who has interest in learning. I have been trying to teach myself about all sorts of different subjects and found out i have a passion for math and science and love learning about practical application. I want to meet other people who are excited about understanding the world, and innovation, and i am very happy to start in this forum community.

thanks for being here everyone.

-SpaceMonkeyX

Edited by SpaceMonkeyX

Hi I am a dude who likes to read alot and most of my experience lies in the paranormal such as remote viewing,pre-cognition, ghost encounters, and recently a few bigfoot encounters where I saw one and then months later had a vocalization incident. My mother was present the first and second time where the first time she was stunned by infra-sound and the second encounter she was wide awake and heard the squatch roar. Felt like the twilight zone both times.

I figure if I get any science type questions I can ask you guys and learn something useful along the way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm ultimate infinty and I am a 16 years old. The only scene education I have ever received is a basic biology class I love farming fishing and hunting but more than anything I love how awesome the universe is

Sounds like you have the right idea!

Hi I'm ultimate infinty and I am a 16 years old. The only scene education I have ever received is a basic biology class I love farming fishing and hunting but more than anything I love how awesome the universe is

How can you not have had a basic science education - is it not mandatory in the country you grew up in? That is a real shame - I hope you are able to catch up soon because the nut and bolts of science are brilliant fun and allow access to a world of investigation