The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am joining this forum because it seems like a vibrant community of scientists/engineers, and I want to find a place where I can learn new things and discuss various ideas. I studied physics in the past, but found to my dismay that I wasn't fond of it at all. As such, I am actively working on a new career direction since I find myself much more interested in game theory and AI than I do in studying the minute details of physical phenomena. To assist with this I am going back to school soon so that I can both master the subject I actually like, and develop a viable network to get the desired career. Other than that, I hope to have a lot of fun here and discuss interesting topics!

Edited by 2501

Hello, I am joining this forum because it seems like a vibrant community of scientists/engineers, and I want to find a place where I can learn new things and discuss various ideas. I studied physics in the past, but found to my dismay that I wasn't fond of it at all. As such, I am actively working on a new career direction since I find myself much more interested in game theory and AI than I do in studying the minute details of physical phenomena. To assist with this I am going back to school soon so that I can both master the subject I actually like, and develop a viable network to get the desired career. Other than that, I hope to have a lot of fun here and discuss interesting topics!

Welcome to the bulging bunch !

Here you can : -

Gather Gems of Gold ! Find fact and fantasy.! Source Solid Science and Speculation.!

post-33514-0-91090200-1414795803_thumb.jpg courtesy of NASA

Mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

Hi there ! I Eve, 24yo. I have a background in arts and literature but I am now a science communicator. I'm trying to develop a scientific dynamic in my city, and I do help for some synthetic biologic project. I'm also a very curious and busy student. :)

Nice to meet you all !

Hi there ! I Eve, 24yo. I have a background in arts and literature but I am now a science communicator. I'm trying to develop a scientific dynamic in my city, and I do help for some synthetic biologic project. I'm also a very curious and busy student. :)

Nice to meet you all !

Do come and look at the ' Art in Science ' in the ' Other Science ' Forum

Mike . Welcome to the club

Hi

i'am a back-year chemist that makes rocket fuel with the same chemicals KNO3+C12H22O11+Fe2O3. I've made many rockets that work great but I've made a new batch that's making a teal green material as a byproduct. Its a new mix of 65 grams of KNO3, 35 grams of C12H22O11,and 10 grams of Fe2O3. Does anyone know what this material???

Hi

i'am a back-year chemist that makes rocket fuel with the same chemicals KNO3+C12H22O11+Fe2O3. I've made many rockets that work great but I've made a new batch that's making a teal green material as a byproduct. Its a new mix of 65 grams of KNO3, 35 grams of C12H22O11,and 10 grams of Fe2O3. Does anyone know what this material???

Welcome. I'm assuming you want someone to calculate an empirical formula. A physicist here, so even if I did the composition would not speak to me, lol. I am curious what material you are referring to though...

Hi

Hi, i'm no chemist had to google these chemicals, my guess after googling "iron sulfide toffee" :)

came across this while googling

Sorbitol & Potassium Nitrate Rocket Propellant

http://www.doranaerospace.com/Sorbitol.html

know what i'm making for next bonfire night.

Edited by sunshaker

Hi

So what is the punchline, stayoffmylawn? I know it contains K, N, O, C, H and Fe, lol

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, I'm a 24 year old that works with Eocene fossils on a daily basis. I'm a long time member on some other science forums, and I finally decided to create an account here as well. It's been a long time since I had to do one of these introduction posts, anyways if anyone has any questions or recognizes me from other forums let me know.

Hello, I'm a 24 year old that works with Eocene fossils on a daily basis. I'm a long time member on some other science forums, and I finally decided to create an account here as well. It's been a long time since I had to do one of these introduction posts, anyways if anyone has any questions or recognizes me from other forums let me know.

Hi Falconer,

Welcome to the forum. You will find me berried alive under some giant fossil bones in Earth sciences or berried alive under some locked threads in Speculations. They let me out once a year near Christmas . So Hi

mike

Hi Falconer,

Welcome to the forum. You will find me berried alive under some giant fossil bones in Earth sciences or berried alive under some locked threads in Speculations. They let me out once a year near Christmas . So Hi

mike

Hi Mike,

It's nice that they let you out occasionally. Giant fossil bones, huh? Where I'm at, I'm typically buried under piles of finely layered shale. I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. My name is Ana and I am a vegan physics major in California. I just signed up and hope this is a friendly and informative place.

Happy Christmas Ana ! And welcome to the forum . Perhaps the only one to join on Christmas Day . Maybe you will get a prize . He. He!

Mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

Hey guys! I am a Psych/Neuro/Physics student and I love science and talking on the internet so when I came across this forum.. well.. here I am :).

Hope everybody had a good Christmas/Holiday break and are looking forward to the next year!!

Chris.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I am working on a short documentary on online and long distance relationships.

We are looking for people who have been in a relationship for a while but haven't seen each other in months, because they live in different countries/continents.

Maybe one of them is a scientist working on the field abroad etc etc..

We would pay the couple for the time and we would also pay for their flights to see each other.

Would you happen to know of any?

This is for a London-based production company.

please email me at danaeleb@yahoo.gr if you are interest or if you happen to know anyone who might be!

Also please spread the word!

thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

My name is Rick and I'm a graduate student at the University of New Hampshire. I'm currently working towards my M.S. in Oceanography. I'm studying interstitial water chemistry in NH's largest estuary, Great Bay. I moved here with my new wife from Jersey after completing a B.S. in Marine Science from the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey. I am looking forward to engaging with the community, contributing what I can, and learning a lot from all you folks have to offer!

Thanks!