The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Salve.

I am a young lost soul searching for something without a colour or shape, better known as knowledge!

Though, I excuse for my english before making any mistake. It is not my mother tongue.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome to SFN Disenssio.

Hope you enjoy our communitysmile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Kept meaning to do this.

Six years in the Navy serving on Submarines. Got to drive it, that was cool. All kinds of nifty accidents which were not so cool. Got out after my contract was up. Went to college and received my degree. Enlisted in the National Guard(bullet better than accident). Have been doing that for a couple of years now.

I'm primarily trained in mechanical theory(hydraulics, pneumatics, diesel, O2 generation, CO2 removal). Have a degree in IT(logic systems, networking, electronics). Programming mostly self taught, primarily focusing on online automation. Later trained on Satellite Signal communications. My Uncle Sam gave me a cool death ray to make up for taking away my 2 billion dollar toy.

I'm mostly just good at remembering what I read. Most everything is a page away for me. Poor man's photographic memory. Makes it easy to research my own random projects and answer the questions of others.

Pretty much me in a nutshell. :)

oy, there!

Im a german geology student. Taking interest in oceanography, arctic geology, vulkanology and tectonics. I just started my studies last year so I naturally still have a long way to go, but I definitely intend to go for my masters in one of those disciplines and might even go for a PhD, but Im pretty easy concerning that as I can also see myself finding work after my Bachelors or Masters.

Nice too meet you!

Hi, still fairly new to the forums. I am a geneticist with interests in genetics, evolution, molecular biology, plant biology, and agriculture. Spent 8 years in the National Guard as a combat engineer and served in Afghanistan. To a lesser extent I have interests in conservation, ecology, literature, international politics, the military, and history.

I am Planetman, just started browsing the forum.

Interested a.o. in the functionalities of matter and movement, the sources and consequences of things happening around us.

Hi, Planetman here, browsing and learning.

Dynamics within matter, and functionalities of motion interest me a.o.

Hi. I found a link to this site on Schneibster's blog, and thought it looked interesting :)

I'm a musician-trained-in-architecture-turned-neuroscientist-late-in-life and I like physics, but don't know much about it other than what I've picked up as part of music/architecture/neuroscience, popsci, and being married to a physicist-turned-neuroscientist (not nothing but not a lot either).