The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hello, I am Lightmeow, because of my love with cats, and my obsession of making light from blowing stuff up. I have done a lot of sciency things, I am a bad speller, I love math. I invent a lot of things from things most peoples think shouldn't be used to invent stuff with. I made a helicopter out of my dads lawn mower when I was 10(didn't go down well didn't ask first) made a dune buggy by soldering broom sticks together, and putting a chain saw engine on it, made gas powered rollarblades with the same chainsaw engine, I like to make music, and have no clue what I am going to do with my life(OK though, still in 9th grade). Well, edit, I have narrowed it down to being a scientist, musician, or artist. Thats the story of my life, and hello to all of the peoples out there.

Lightmeow

And PS, My favorite book is the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Edited by Lightmeow

Lightmeow, welcome to SFN. I'm not sure what to make of "soldering broom sticks together" to make a dune buggy. Discussions on this forum are generally serious, scientific discussions and debunking of those who have bogus ideas. Broomsticks are usually wooden and cannot be soldered. Moreover, solder is not very rugged, especially in an environment with motor vibrations. Perhaps your native language is not English. Your idea of a dune buggy sounds buggy.

Lightmeow, welcome to SFN. I'm not sure what to make of "soldering broom sticks together" to make a dune buggy. Discussions on this forum are generally serious, scientific discussions and debunking of those who have bogus ideas. Broomsticks are usually wooden and cannot be soldered. Moreover, solder is not very rugged, especially in an environment with motor vibrations. Perhaps your native language is not English. Your idea of a dune buggy sounds buggy.

I am sorry, I sometimes get confused with words. The word I was referring to was wielding, not soldering; soldering as you know is used for electronics. I was also referring to metal broomsticks. I appreciate the clever pun you made... My dad is also a computer programmer, was a land surveyor, and likes mechanics. I have many nitro powered RC cars and a four wheeler and am very good with mechanics my self.

I apologize if you thought that I was insulting your intelligence, and hope that you will forgive me. My native language is English I can assure you. I have very poor attention to detail, and am dyslexic, if that explains anything.

I am only fourteen also. I may post some ideas, but I don't have any math behind them, or they may have some holes because of some thing that I haven't learned yet. I do hope that I contribute something to this forum.

Thank you for your time.

If you have any questions, please private message me.

Edited by Lightmeow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hum, have I killed this thread?

Please introduce yourself, have a look at the previous 148 pages.

No Michel , it was your beautiful blue box that made me notice this " introduction party "

Seems a good idea, seeing how as we meet from time to time on the forum ,with different postures. Like being pulled out of the mire from time to time after a battle with " spiders".

Not sure how long this party has been going but here goes.

I am mike, I am 70 years old, retired electrical/electronic engineer/physics teacher. I have 5 women in my life , ( God help me) wife and 4 daughters ( talk about being mauled by spiders )

I am using my retirement by painting, thinking, trying to work out what it's all about, out on my motor bike,out with the Jack Russel dog on adventures, swimming,( back and forward to the Mediterranean oops not swimming there), doing some geology ,rocks ,life,environment and generally being a bl..dy nuisance . Anyway enough prattle . I am Mike .

Oh and keeping all these women from eating me alive ! I think they are winning!

post-33514-0-06427100-1388316064_thumb.jpg

I am the shrunken figure with white hair in the background, all my women and their suitors are in front. One of the daughters taking the picture. My wife in the middle just above jack Russell. Out on Dartmoor.

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

I am not sure if I ever introduced myself at this forum. If I have done so, I am more than happy to have the following introduction which I have attached---deleted.-Ron Price, Australia

-----------------------------------------------

Hey guys I'm new here. I like how our introductions have included dreams of us sleeping in our sisters bed, how we don't like calculus, how we are addicted to lasagna, and other really odd but pretty amusing conversations. I like physics though I may post a bit on philosophy.

Hey guys I'm new here. I like how our introductions have included dreams of us sleeping in our sisters bed, how we don't like calculus, how we are addicted to lasagna, and other really odd but pretty amusing conversations. I like physics though I may post a bit on philosophy.

Welcome to SFN!

I know this really does not belong in this forum, but where do you ask questions? I looked around for a questions about scienceforums but didn't find anything. Did I miss it somehow? Where should I ask questions about the site?

I know this really does not belong in this forum, but where do you ask questions? I looked around for a questions about scienceforums but didn't find anything. Did I miss it somehow? Where should I ask questions about the site?

You're welcome to try the Suggestions, Comments and Support forum.

i m an idiot person which is the reason of my low reputation points and no one takes my posts seriously sad.pngfrown.gif

No Rajnish, you need to step back and watch what is going on here, you are not an idiot but you tend to assert things with no way to back them up, go slow, research your questions and answers as far as you can before putting them out there. Don't worry about reputation points at this stage, learn to ask the right questions in the right way... If you disagree with an answer then research it and find out if you are wrong or if maybe the other person is wrong, don't rashly jump to conclusions... google is your friend, sometimes the way the question is asked is as important as the question...

Hey, it could be worse! At least you are not being ignored. smile.png

you are wrong.

moontan is right.

Your reputation will increase soon.

No Rajnish, you need to step back and watch what is going on here, you are not an idiot but you tend to assert things with no way to back them up, go slow, research your questions and answers as far as you can before putting them out there. Don't worry about reputation points at this stage, learn to ask the right questions in the right way... If you disagree with an answer then research it and find out if you are wrong or if maybe the other person is wrong, don't rashly jump to conclusions... google is your friend, sometimes the way the question is asked is as important as the question...

thnx friends