The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hi I'm Cixe or r6. G.E.Diploma big fan of Fullers Synegetics ideas and my extrapolations thereof.

They Call Me Gem

Cixe alias OS-jbug

perhaps a diamond in the dip

casting Rubies onto the road

pearls from the sea

silica out of quartz

cyrstaline tears

protein bells

photo-pops

pie in the sky?

or,

a sandstone humus

combing my terra-cognitive

loosening the pebbles in my brain

absorbing the fungus among-us

feasting on moonlit vegetation

bathing in the algae and bacteria

I liquify and evaporate,

towards cosmic heaven.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello my Learner-ed friends,

I love science, engineering and generally all knowledge that's worth looking at, reading, listening etc....

I'm 41 from the UK, I run a small electrical / electronic engineering company so you could say engineering is in my thoughts constantly, I also volunteer at a community web radio show call stafford FM on a show call The Asylum where we discuss relevant topics in science, technology and engineering, we are web based and are on air on Friday nights 9PM to 1PM GMT. It's a non profit community radio show were we to try and get people engaged in discussion of science... etc.

Hopefully a few of you may listen or if not facebook likes are always welcome icon_smile.gif

Message me if you want further details.

Thx.

Garr1972 (Gareth)

Hi Admin,

I have posted a link of your forum on our facebook page please check it out----> https://www.facebook.com/The.Asylum.XLFM

C
heers

Garr1972

Hi!

My name is JL, I'm 27, and I'm currently a doctoral student in a fairly well-known sociology department. My research centers around the subfields of social psychology and demography, and I'm especially interested in exploring the intersection between the brain, consciousness, social interaction, and epistemology (how we know what we know).

Aside from my studies, my other interests are reading (mostly fiction and poetry, some philosophy), learning more about the natural sciences (yes, I know, I'm a nerd), hiking, and listening to independent music. I'm an atheist and philosophical nihilist, but I still try to keep a positive outlook on life and existence as a whole (hey, we're here, we may as well enjoy ourselves and help make the world a better place).

I look forward to having some interesting discussions around here. smile.png

Edited by kindheart

Hi, I'm Beakr (they call me Chris in this "real life" thing). I'm a 14 yo high school student currently studying theoretical physics, chemistry (hoping to go into organic chem soon), and microbiology. Computer programming is my true passion, however, and I've been doing it for years now.

Edited by beakr

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new here.

my main scientific interest is anthropology, mainly paleoanthropology.

i hate psychology though, since it's evil, designed to control, and single out some they "detest" (lol.. the irony of people saying that hatred is unhealthy, yet hating others is grand, eh?)

I've already posted once elsewhere on the forum. I guess I should have posted here first.

I can be known as "Old Salt." For real. I'm 70, verbose, and retired from 36 years as a Public Health Microbiologist. I bought my first microscope at age 12 and I'm still at it. I have a passion in my retirement for rescuing and studying older collections of microslides that are otherwise headed for the dump. These are treasures because they are the best that have been saved by whom are usually recently deceased educators, pathologists, and the like. What a waste. I do no work on actual patients or generate any real time results. There are no real names or other meaningful personal data on these microslides.