The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Salutations!

My name is irrelevant as I am a firm believer in anonymity (though not necessarily "Anonymous") on the internet. I'll try to keep this short as I know most folks hate reading about other people. There are many things I wish to learn and I sometimes have a difficult time seeing how it all ties together. This problem mainly stems from not knowing anyone else in the real world who has any working knowledge of science or mathematics (Most of them are too busy getting punch drunk or watching Duck Dynasty). I would like for this forum to be a place I can go to learn new things, ask questions, and possibly answer them. I will be frank here too: This is NOT my first forum. I've been to several and most of them have been a huge let down for one reason or another (Mostly because the site MODS turned out to have swelled heads). I'm not saying I expect any special treatment, but I don't want to get in trouble for some ridiculous trumped-up esoteric site regulation. It's happened before and I assure you it is the quickest way to keep away new members.

That being said, I am an easy person to talk to and would enjoy meeting new people on the site. Feel free to message me. Anything else can be read about me on my profile. Cheers!

-The Pragamatist

Salutations!

My name is irrelevant as I am a firm believer in anonymity (though not necessarily "Anonymous") on the internet. I'll try to keep this short as I know most folks hate reading about other people. There are many things I wish to learn and I sometimes have a difficult time seeing how it all ties together. This problem mainly stems from not knowing anyone else in the real world who has any working knowledge of science or mathematics (Most of them are too busy getting punch drunk or watching Duck Dynasty). I would like for this forum to be a place I can go to learn new things, ask questions, and possibly answer them. I will be frank here too: This is NOT my first forum. I've been to several and most of them have been a huge let down for one reason or another (Mostly because the site MODS turned out to have swelled heads). I'm not saying I expect any special treatment, but I don't want to get in trouble for some ridiculous trumped-up esoteric site regulation. It's happened before and I assure you it is the quickest way to keep away new members.

That being said, I am an easy person to talk to and would enjoy meeting new people on the site. Feel free to message me. Anything else can be read about me on my profile. Cheers!

-The Pragamatist

"swelled heads" smile.png I learned a new vocabulary today.

For your user name maybe it's a typo and you meant to say pragmatist? from pragmatism ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello scientists!

I am a student in Portland, OR, majoring in molecular biology with a psychology minor. I'm about halfway through and planning to apply to the neuroscience graduate program at OHSU.

It's bizarrely difficult to find other people with an interest in neuroscience online, so I'm hoping to find some here. It looks like a great forum so far!

Hi there, my name is Jose. I am new to this forum, and I have been looking around for an "introduce yourself" subforum but I couldn't find it. This is why I will do it in this post.

My home language is not English but Spanish, this is why you may find some trivial errors in my writing. At the moment I am studying Aerospace Engineering in Seville, Spain, and I am about to end my undergraduate course! I have always been passionate about science and how things work. My area of interest may be Modern Physics, and I think I will be getting some interesting answers in this forum (I got here because a user recommended it to me).

The last thing I would like to say is that I started a new webpage about interesting and quotidian questions we all are curious about, link removed. I would greatly appreciate if you kindly give it an opportunity, as I think I am creating dynamical and interesting contents each day.

That's all I have to say about me. Hope to hear about you, too.

See you,

J. Lopez

Edited by hypervalent_iodine

Hello everyone,

MemNexus81 here.

I am currently searching the internet for places, that appeal to my personal interest and were I can spend some of my time.

-So since this site seems to be interessting ..I signed up (-especiallly like the Biology- and Medical Science- Subforum on this page!)

and by the way:

regarding Radical Edward, how common is it for science people to be into Hellsing?!?

-I very much appreciate that smile.png

Hi all!

My name's Aaron. Married but separated. Also the father of one very beautiful girl. Currently work on third shift if the lab of a wastewater treatment plant. Going to community college right now to get some formal education. Working towards my Associate's degree first, then will be transferring to a university to pursue my Bachelor's, then Master's degree in biochemistry.

Hello everyone.

Just landed here after a quick recon of this place. Looks very interesting.

I am currently studying for a degree in Physics. I'm in love with everything scientific, maths/physics/chem/biology, you can't pin me down. There's just too much interesting stuff to learn and discover.

I'm hoping to meet many new people here and learn a lot from all of you.