The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

I just decided to write a little bit more about myself.

Let's see..

Orginally I'm from Poland, now living in Germany, so I'm not a native-english-speaking person so don't blame me for any spelling or gramatical mistakes please ;) .

I'm a student at the university of hamburg, stuying chemistry.

My special interest is analysing chemical structures and their properties.I also like Toxicology.

Next year I'll propably move to Heidelberg, not that I'd expect you guys to know where that town of about 200.000 inhabitants is.

I also like running, sociology and literature.

Science fiction is something I'd rather lough about, sorry to every SiFi-fan :P .In fact sometimes I tend to have serious doubts about the moon landing of man, well, as you see conspiracy-theories are something I also like to think about, but only from the analytical perspective.

That's it for now.

p.s.: I'm still looking for a picture which fits best my look and interest...

Guest justine

oh well im justine i live in the UK and just like to know things i love maths and most sciences but i get confused bu the bakward logic in electronics

I live in Sweden and will soon be 19 years =).

Graduated from college this spring (school system in Sweden is different so college is not exactly the same as in the US, I've been to school for 12 years however).

I like most types of science, except biology. Think I like Classical physics the most...

Hi. I'm new and I signed up because I have a strong in science and I am taking a human biology class this semester.

I wanted to post a question but I don't have privilages for some reason to post a new thread.

They say you can see DNA with the naked eye. Please locate me to a site with a picture of DNA. thank you.

I wanted to post a question but I don't have privilages for some reason to post a new thread.

You cannot post a new thread because you have not validated your account.

You should have received a confirmation email with instructions.

hello everyone, I've just found this forum from another's forum topic (about what other forums users use). I've read some topics and i see it's a very good forum/ i'm from romania, 14y old... and I like soccer, rock music, IT, maths and history .

I`ve put it in here for you Sandros :))

IF you`de like to add your own entry to here, I`ll delete this post for you :)

Guest Aranamarunda

Well, here I am, Aranamarunda is the name, although, offcourse, it is not a real name (Who would think of naming a child that way anyway?).

My interest in anything that has to do with science, doesn't have a real foot to stand on. I like science, and I am working on several theories of my own that have to do with Infinity and metaphysics... I think ;) Anyway, I will be looking over some threads to begin with, making some small comments and asking silly questions, but I hope that this will stimulate my own ideas about the Order of Things... See you around!

PS: How do I edit my sig, of which I have non at the moment...

PS: How do I edit my sig, of which I have non at the moment...

Hi there. Editing the sig is under the toolbar at the top of each page. It should say "User CP". Click on that and then look down the left side of the page. One of the first links should be "Edit Signature". :D

Guest Evidence

G'Day

I'm Evidence, I am who I am because of two reasons.

1) I am in a Counter-Strike clan called "[zero]" url: http://zero.ozclans.com/, I am called "zero evidence" in the game, because I am undetectable and very stealth like, I leave no trace of where I have been, or where I am going.

2) I have been know to (as my friends call it) "Teleport" I do this by creating illusions, being sly, undetectable and stealth like, very much like what I do in the previous statement. So therefore I have taken upon the Name "Evidence"... because I leave no trace :)

Other than that.

I am also a 16 year old SuperGeek that loves maths and pretty much any form of science, but my favourite is the whole range of physics, you name it I like it. I class myself as a SuperGeek because, not only do I declare myself reasonably smart or my age, by also have good looks, and a great personality, and a rich taste for material posessions, I often get mistaken for a pimp, because I have lots of (female) friends... Yeah I know what you are thinking, let me asure you that they are only friends, and nothing else ;) And last but not least, if you haven't noticed already, I have a chip on both sholders, and no one's ego could rival mine.

After I leave school I wish to be an astrophysicist, and I am looking foward to that emensly.

I come from the dull land of Australia, where the technology is 10 years behind.

I joined this forum so that I could be apart of an online community, that I actualy enjoy and look forward talking to people of greater knowledge than me, so I can learn and explore idea's.

I hope to see you all around the forums sometime.

Evidence.

I come from the dull land of Australia, where the technology is 10 years behind.

Thats a rather pessimistic assumption. While we are not world leaders in physics we have made substantial contributions to Astronomy and Medicine. Given our population I would say we're punching much above our weight.

Since Thales has been so kind as to illuminate me on several occasions as to the current foreign view of the US and Americans, I will return the favor by saying that "dull" is not the word generally used in the US to describe Australia and Australians.

I am palebluehuh, but my true identity is best kept to myself and myself alone.

And maybe my therapist.

Yeah, my therapist should know who I really am...

Anyways, the palebluehuh you know and I have revealed unto you is a student at the University of South Florida, planning to get a biology or medical sciences degree. I have a weakness for good Chinese food and like long, languid naps in the late afternoon hours. My personal interests are langauges, theology, the arts and playing out in thunderstorms.

And now, because I'm insufferably anal, here are some corrections to the German phrases shown in this thread:

Ich möchte Geschlecht mit Ihrem Llama haben.

I would like to have sex with your llama.

I doubt that the Germans use the phrase 'Geschlecht haben'; 'Geschlecht' is closer to 'gender' in meaning. A better alternative would be 'Sex haben' or somesuch.

Mein Pankreas ist in den Schmerz.

My pancreas is in pain.

"Mein Pankreas hat Schmerzen." German never uses 'in den Schmerz' (which would be in the dative case anyways, "im Schmerz'). Instead of 'being in pain', something 'has pains'.

Ich werde getrunken und ich lasse nicht Communism zu.

I am drunk, and I do not permit Communism.

'Communism' and other '-isms' require an article: "Ich bin getrunken und ich lasse den Kommunismus nicht zu."

Meine Katze spricht Deutsches...wo die Würste sind?

My cat speaks German...where are the sausages?

The phrasing's off. "Meine Katze spricht Deutsch... Wo sind die Würste?"

Ich herausforderung dein sexual autorein

I challenge your sexual authority

"Ich fechte deine sexuelle Autorität an."

Dein hund versucht, mit meinem Bein, Sex zu haben.

Your dog is trying to have sex with my leg.

Phrasing is a little clumsy (and don't worry; German word order kills me too). "Dein Hund versucht, Sex mit meinem Bein zu haben."

Otherwise good German, though; I've been studying it for at least four years, and it still throws me off. I eventually gave up learning languages with any goal in mind (i.e., fluency), because I doubt I'll ever really need to. Nowadays, I just make them up.

Guest Evidence
Thats a rather pessimistic assumption. While we are not world leaders in physics we have made substantial contributions to Astronomy and Medicine. Given our population I would say we're punching much above our weight.

That is true, I never thought about that..

But I think I was more directing it to the place where I live. We live in the sticks, with no cable :-( ... thats what I ment ;)

How rude of me. Here I am posting around the forums without coming here to introduce myself first... :P

Well here it goes.

I have been lurking on SFN for quite some time now and I have already learned a lot.

When in the "real" world (I day dream whenever I can :) ), I am a 2nd year student at a local Business school. After my 3rd year I plan to take a quick 2½ year of a programming "course". Following that I hope to continue at a university going for the bachelor degree in Software Engineering (if by the time I get that I will still be interested in going to school, I'll look into getting myself a master degree). My level of knowledge in the area of computers is, by my own estimates, between intermediate and advanced.

I don't drink alcohol, don't smoke or take drugs. I even prefer not to take medication unless it's nesecary, usualy waiting untill headaches or other pain passes by itself (which remainds me that on average I have 1-3 headaches a year).

Well, I think that's about it. As you can see I'm a very boring person :)

Oh and almost forgot...I'm an 18 (soon 19) years old male :cool:

Hi obduro, I'm also 18, soon 19, and daydream all the time =).

I don't drink alcohol, don't smoke or take drugs. I even prefer not to take medication unless it's nesecary, usualy waiting untill headaches or other pain passes by itself (which remainds me that on average I have 1-3 headaches a year).

I drink alcohol, smoke cigars (occasionally) but don't take drugs.

I avoid medicines, exactly like you. As a result I haven't been ill for more than 5 years except two colds every year (fall and spring).

Earlier I had headaches very often, but now I don't. I think the best way to prohibit them is to sleep much, and avoid stress. However, my headaches mostly were migrain.

Hope to see you more =).

BTW, where do you live?