The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Greetings.

I think I may have joined this forum quite some time ago, however I cannot remember the email address I used nor the username or password - so I just joined again (or maybe not?) with this account, using a username that I have on 2 other science forums.

Anyway, I am 18 (nearly 19) years old and am studying Physics at degree level at the University of Birmingham (UK - Russell Group and Red Brick Uni) which I am very much enjoying - I'm in my first year.

My main interests within Physics are Quantum Mechanics, Relativity, Cosmology, Particle Physics to name a few (QM being my favourite I think). And my interests within Mathematics are Calculus, Vectors, Complex Analysis, Group Theory again to name a few.

I recognise a few members here (such as iNow, Ophiolite and DrRocket) from other science forums, and so I hope that I shall enjoy my time on here.

Hey everyone! Thanks for checking out my post.

My name is Michael Kovich and I am a 20 year old, 3rd year Biology (Pre-Medicine) major at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA. I joined this forum with the goal of hearing the thoughts of others, learning from their knowledge, and sharing my own as well. When it comes to my interests... well, there are just far too many to name - such a wide array of topics interest me. However, I have a special focus on medicine, mitochondria, transhumanism, and genetics. Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to chat. I look forward to meeting all of you and becoming a part of this community.

Have a happy New Years! smile.png

I'm in my first year. My main interests within Physics are Quantum Mechanics, Relativity, Cosmology, Particle Physics to name a few (QM being my favourite I think). And my interests within Mathematics are Calculus, Vectors, Complex Analysis, Group Theory again to name a few. I recognise a few members here

Glad to see you made it over, mate. Looking forward to our continued interactions here and elsewhere. :)

I forgot to introduce myself here. i m new bie here as you all now know. I like such forums and happy to found this one. I would love to exchange information here and Thanks admin for accepting me as a member of this community

Edited by marqus

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings gentlemen, ladies and hermaphrodites.

I'm from Sweden, which happens to mean that the weather is awful most of the time and there really is no reason not to stay in and do science. My preferred areas of science is math, physics and engineering. At the moment I'm studying for a masters degree in vehicle engineering with a focus on aerospace.

Hey all Im SomethingToPonder Im New and Interested in mainly experimental physics and astrophysics But anything catches my eye and im all over it .
I cant escape it, But i'm a hell of a philosopher too happy.png .

I forgot to say as well, Thanks to the admin for accepting my request to join.

Edited by SomethingToPonder

Hey,

my name is 'Ceasium'. I am in my last year of high school, and after this I will either study chemistry (hence the name ceasium, my favourite element) or physics, or if possible to get a bachelor in both at the same time. I've joined because I am interested in most sciences, and love to discuss about these/helping others out. But with my limited knowledge I think it will be difficult for me to actually help anyone, apart from other high school students. And I've joined of course to learn and to upgrade my knowledge, and last but not least, to enjoy myself here.

Btw, I'm half Dutch/ half German

Edited by Ceasium

Hya everybody. My real name is Donald but I go by Farroc online(The main character in a book I'm writing.). I recently became homeschooled because public school was ruining my education. I live in the US. I'm a vegeterian and an antitheist. My goal here is mostly to learn stuff. I'm starting to learn HTML5. My interests are pc gaming, anime, science, the color purple(Yes, that's an interest!), and console gaming. I'm a member of "AtheistForums.com" and the MMORPG AdventureQuest Worlds.

Hello all.

I'm Chris.

Born in England in 1959

I have been facinated by science from an early age in particular Biology.

I grew up in Farnborough in Kent which is a few miles from Downe where Charles Darwin lived while writing OoS.

I admin another forum, but it's a pain, so I've joined here to relax.

So that's the basics.

Regards

Chris

hey everybody my names paradox,my actual is Mason feel free to call me either name, I'm a sophomore in highschool with all the ability to do whatever i want pretty much but i love mechanics and want to own my own shop someday. But i also have a large love of physics and this drives me to enjoy doing some crazy things, but that's a story for another time. anyway i love electromagnetism and i hate gravity-_- but that's because i always fall on my face. so if anyone else wants to talk about electromagnetism our just random physics stuff feel free to message or any random stuff actually haha:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I came across it on google with the intention to learn more about genetics. If anyone could point me in the right direction as to studying and learning more about such subjects I would be grateful. Thank you!

- Night

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks! I'm Jared M. and I'd like to introduce myself. I'm an amateur biochemist -- which in essence means I love studying and inquiring about biology and chemistry but, relatively, I know very little. I'm here to throw some of my crazy hypotheses out there, respond to some questions I find and that I know the answers to, to meet other guys and gals interested in biochem & the molecular sciences, and last but not least to learn and expand my own personal knowledge.

If you care, here in blue is a lil' about me. My name is Jared and I live in the United States in New York State. Apart from my interests in science, I like playing hockey (Props to my team: Go Buffalo Sabres!), I love playing CO2 powered airsoft and I love me a good game of paintball (I got a Tippmann 98 Custom w/ a 16" ceramic barrel, reflex scope etc.). I love going to raves and clubbing on the weekends when I'm not in school. I volunteer with a local animal rescue group (NOT the SPCA - that organization is an enemy to animals; especially the chapter in Western New York *NOTE: Individual SPCAs are not all affiliated with the national ASPCA), I volunteer with the Red Cross, and I work with the Roswell Park Cancer Institute which is a wonderful institute (my current biology professor worked at Roswell Park and he helped develop the protein drug Interferon which is a miraculous drug in the fight against cancer -- much of what I post on these forums will touch on proteomics including discussions on Interferon and enzymes like kinases etc.). I'm also a very sociable guy so feel free to start up a private chat with me; I love meeting knew people. I just don't care for cynical or unmotivated people so if that's you either fix your attitude or don't chat with me; you'll be a bummer to me tongue.png

I guess that's all for now. Feel free to ask me ANYTHING. Hope to hear from and meet some of you guys!

PS: I'll upload a photograph of myself so you can know what I look like, in case you care, haha

post-87912-0-91096400-1362507539_thumb.jpg

Edited by LondonDispersion

Hello, all.
My name is Kat and I just joined the forum. I'm 23 years old, have my bachelor's in astronomy, and I am determined to never stop learning smile.png STEM, history, literature, theatre, etc. You name it, I want to learn all about it! I'm known for being a bit tangential in my conversations because I'll get interested in a briefly mentioned subtopic and take off on questions about it. So if I start derailing something, please just let me know and I'll cease and desist wink.png
I'm a very happy wife and a stay-at-home mother to our 16 month old daughter. I love creating interactive sensory play for her and taking her outside. My husband and I are very outdoorsy and love camping, hiking, climbing, etc. We met in Colorado where I was going to college (CU Boulder), so we bonded together over trips to the mountains smile.png We are also very devout Christians (though fairly unconventional ones as far as our political and ideological beliefs go).
Anyways, I love to read (a little too much maybe! even with regular trips to the library, I've managed to amass a few bookshelves worth of books), cook, bake, craft/do DIY projects, watch movies, travel, and visit educational attractions (zoo, aquarium, museums, cultural centers, etc.). I also love healthy, respectful debate when it is appropriate.
My friends all tease me for being a huge nerd, but I don't imagine that I'll stick out quite as much here smile.png It's nice to meet you all and I look forward to talking to you in the future.

Edited by katinahat

Hello...I am Split Infinity and I have just joined this forum. My interests are wide and varied but I do take a special interest in Physics, Cosmology, Mathematics, Astronomy and SCUBA Diving as well as diving using Heliox at great depths.

I decided to start posting to a forum to relieve stress as I have three professions. One is in Music as I record and perform with an Internationaly touring band. I have toured with such bands as Aerosmith, Motely Crew, Audio Slave, Staind, Robin Trower, Heart...etc. I have a band chat room on our site but I find the conversation lacking in what I find interesting.

My second job is helping run several family owned companies which have become quite large. The companies are specific to Health Care, Medicine, Studio Recording and Construction. We have management in place but I stop by now and then to check out things.

My third...JOB...is connected to my first as I travel extensively and work with members of the U.S. Military. I am trying to retire from this...JOB...but I am sometimes needed and I have a hard time saying...No.

I hope to enguage some of you in worthwhile conversation and debate and I have no issue being proven wrong as I feel it is important for a person to learn. So...I wish all of you Good Luck and Good Health.

Split Infinity

Hi, my name is John and I am definitely new.

I love science and I am starting my education at the young age of 31.

10 years Air Force, and I am about to separate from active duty and go to school full time.

I am leaning towards Chemistry, but the more I learn, the more I realize I have no idea what I want to do.

I am terrified and excited at the same time.

Cheers!

I am leaning towards Chemistry, but the more I learn, the more I realize I have no idea what I want to do.

I am terrified and excited at the same time.

Cheers!

The weird thing about school (and even university) is that they fill your head with facts... and you only find out later what you needed all that information for.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am Foxface (Daniel). I am 33yo and have a Masters in Clinical Psychology and will be a soon-to-be licensed therapist. My expertise is specifically in treatment of PTSD and anxiety disorders. However, I am an avid enthusiast of high-energy physics, cosmology and particles. I also find myself dabbling in philosophy from time to time

I have no doubt that I know a microcosm of physics compared to many of the brains here, so mostly you will see me asking questions

Glad to be here!

-Foxface

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I might have introduced myself before raising any questions but I guess it is never to late. I am Heliodromus and currently working on my Bachelor degree in computer science. I recently changed my research topic from theoretical computer science to neuroscience, so I am new to many topics in biological and neurochemical education.

You might excuse my more or less poor grammar (and spelling) I'm no native....

As Mr Foxface stated I am Glad to be here, too!